Pats crumbling

jreed82

As I look at all the changes the Pats must withstand, I question whether they will bounce back next year. Reports of Brady not being healthy for 2009, Pioli jumping ship, and Mcdaniels leaving for Denver gives me reason to think the Pats might need a couple of years to rebuild. They still have an aging defense, an aging star receiver, a QB that is in limbo, and no real identity at RB.

Jets are a team in disarray....

Sophmore slump for Miami?

I am always optimistic but I think the Bills may have at least a fighters chance if we can get the front office to spend some smart money in the offseason. Sometimes the best season's come at unexpected times....Let's hope this group can rally and surprise us all.

it was a blessing that they missed the playoffs leaving their coaches and front office more vulnerable to job searches. Still though the coaches aren't the ones being successful on the field. They have a great offensive system and great talent on both sides of the ball. What matters really is that we get our own house in order.

As I look at all the changes the Pats must withstand, I question whether they will bounce back next year. Reports of Brady not being healthy for 2009, Pioli jumping ship, and Mcdaniels leaving for Denver gives me reason to think the Pats might need a couple of years to rebuild. They still have an aging defense, an aging star receiver, a QB that is in limbo, and no real identity at RB.

Jets are a team in disarray....

Sophmore slump for Miami?

I am always optimistic but I think the Bills may have at least a fighters chance if we can get the front office to spend some smart money in the offseason. Sometimes the best season's come at unexpected times....Let's hope this group can rally and surprise us all.

BUT, Belichek is still the coach and Kraft is still the owner. Pioli leaving could hurt more than McDaniels but has Pioli actually gone anywhere yet?

As for their "aging" wide receiver that would just bring him in line with every other WR in the league. I'm praying that age slows him down. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile the Bills are a center, defensive end, defensive tackle and tight end away from even closing the gap.

BUT, Belichek is still the coach and Kraft is still the owner. Pioli leaving could hurt more than McDaniels but has Pioli actually gone anywhere yet?

As for their "aging" wide receiver that would just bring him in line with every other WR in the league. I'm praying that age slows him down. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile the Bills are a center, defensive end, defensive tackle and tight end away from even closing the gap.

Ya forgot to mention a Head Coach that knows how to manage a game plan

Pats crumbling, Division wide open next year

How many years has this same thing been said? Even w/o Brady they were supposed to fail.

They did fail. They won 5 fewer games than they did in 2007, and they missed the playoffs. Fail!

Pats crumbling, Division wide open next year

How many years has this same thing been said? Even w/o Brady they were supposed to fail.

They did fail, they did not have a successfull season. The division was wide open this year. The Dolphins took advantage of it, we did not. I really expect Brady to miss a good portion of next year, or if he is in there, not be as effective & the division will once again be wide open. I do not think that is the question. I think the big question is will the bills be able to take advantage of it. My guess right now is no.

Many Bills fans say this every year about the Pats. It's no doubt fueled by wishful thinking, but there's some serious denial at work as well. Every time the Pats lose coordinators or players, the assumption is always the same: rebuilding, won't be the same, etc. None of those people in the organization were critical. Not even Pioli. They have made many, many mistakes in the draft, like everyone else has. But the one constant is Belichick. He's the best gameday coach in the league, and possibly of all time. His players are always prepared for every situation, no matter how rare or improbable. What happened to us week 17 never happens to the Pats - because he's a master of situational football.

As long as Belichick is the coach, there will be no such thing as a "down year" for the Pats. I don't care who is injured or who they lose to retirement. They just had their "off" year, and finished with 11 wins. They are a team on the rise. What are we? Who knows. Probably a team in stasis. 7-9 seems to be the safest prediction. And as long as we have to get through Belichick to make the tournament, I really don't like our chances. It doesn't help that Parcells joined Miami. They went from 1 win to the playoffs because of Parcells, period. When he leaves Miami, which I hope is soon, he will leave a much improved team, like he has with every franchise he has put his hands on.

The Patriots are going nowhere. The way Belichick coached up Cassell during the season was the stuff of legends. Early in the season, he was awful, and by the end he was a good QB. We're lucky that tiebreakers kept NE out of the playoffs because they could've won their 4th championship the way the playoffs have been going. McDaniel leaving? So what? Charlie Weiss left, Romeo Crennel left. Belichick will just take the next hard working young man and coach him into a good coach as well. Pioli leaving? Knowing the Patriots, they probably had a succession plan in place for awhile now, and Belichick has always had a lot of say in personnel matters. If he has to take on more duties wrt personnel, he'll probably succeed.