Article: '08 team injury "rankings"

Nice article by about team injuries, cumulative games lost to starters, playoff clubs etc.

By Rich Gosselin, Dallas Morning News, January 7, 2009:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...in.34d3911.html

I'd add that high numbers of players on IR affect draft strategy - will the injured be able to come back? If not, what positions to pick?...

IR/PUP list from CBS Sportsline:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/injuries/pup

Thanks for the link. I think what gave Baltimore an edge was solid depth on defense, and the coordinators knowing what to do when they lost key performers. Bannan starts for the Ravens, but he wasn't acquired for the role. Still, both he and Leonhard have not been liabilities although neither will be stars.

Found it noteworthy the pats were 32nd in the league during 2003.

Thanks for the link. I think what gave Baltimore an edge was solid depth on defense, and the coordinators knowing what to do when they lost key performers. Bannan starts for the Ravens, but he wasn't acquired for the role. Still, both he and Leonhard have not been liabilities although neither will be stars.

Found it noteworthy the pats were 32nd in the league during 2003.

So did I.

I think the point is well taken that this team clearly lacks depth. By the end of the season, for example, the Bills were down to bare bones at LB. However, the article fails to address the key that it also matters WHICH starters are injured. Is it any coincidence that the pass rush eroded when Schobel, the best pass rusher by far, was sidelined?

I think the point is well taken that this team clearly lacks depth. By the end of the season, for example, the Bills were down to bare bones at LB. However, the article fails to address the key that it also matters WHICH starters are injured. Is it any coincidence that the pass rush eroded when Schobel, the best pass rusher by far, was sidelined?

The fact that the brain trust at 1 Bills drive did not take the possibility of Schobel being injured and the precipitous drop off in talent into account during the last off season speaks volumes about their ineptness. Almost as equally puzzling was the lack of depth at LB. Guess we should draft another corner or two this year.