Bill Bidwell: where are all the critics now!

RLflutie7

My whole point is that Bidwell did things people wanted and then they bashed him for losing. They blamed Bidwell for the poor crowds, when the problem was the stadium. I could go on and on.

This one statement is SO very wrong that anything else you may say cannot be taken seriously for a month. Especially at the beginning when Bidwell first moved them to AZ.

The posts are fine. Your patience is wearing thin. Follow me on this.

When the Cardinals hired Buddy Ryan, alot of Arizona fans thought that Joe Bugal should have been retained. A lot of fans wanted him gone because he was too much of a cheerleader. Take your pick.

Then they wanted Buddy Ryan out of there after one season and that was just stupid. They fired him after his second season. The fans didn't give Ryan a chance and then they hired Tobin. The media called Tobin "Mr. Beige" because he had no personality and the fans hated him.

Tobin took over he did everything he could to get rid of Buddy Ryan players, even though those players helped win a playoff game a few years down the road. He also got rid of some Bugal players which was retarded.

Arizona loved Dave McGinnis and he did find some players, but I don't think McGinnis was happy with Jake Plummer. They kept brining in players but it didn't work. In my mind he didn't have enough time, but his offense wasn't any good so they got rid of him because the fans wanted him gone.

Dennis Green did the most with the players. I don't know what happened there because I moved away. I didn't think they should have fired him, but fans wanted him gone (from the Arizona papers). They should have shot him in the back yard for benching Kurt Warner.

My whole point is that Bidwell did things people wanted and then they bashed him for losing. They blamed Bidwell for the poor crowds, when the problem was the stadium. I could go on and on.

Plus, Bidwell doesn't try to weasel out of paying coaches, like the Bills owner does.

Who moved the team to Arizona when everyone KNEW the stadium was going to be an issue?

With the Cardinals a sneeze away from the Superbowl, I wonder where all the stories are about how Bill Bidwell is responsible for the Cardinals woes.

In truth, Michael Bidwell, Bill's son has done everything right. The old man still has to say yes and he's still cheap but they got it done.

Michael signed big names (coaches and players), got rid of jerk off players. And he got the stadium done when the polls showed 2 to 1 against it.

I went to almost every Cardinal game between 1995 to 2004 and it was the QB, not the owner.

You went to almost every Cardinals game for 10 years? :rolleyes:

Wow, you are a die hard football fan. I cannot imagine the level of anger and hatred for Ralph Wilson Bills' fans would have pent up if the Bills, like your Cards, would be hosting their very first conference championship game.....ever....this Sunday against the Eagles. Maybe Mike Bidwell has begun turning things around for his clueless father Bill, but since moving to Arizona in the late 80's, the Cards have never even played in one NFC Championship game, much less hosted one.

Who moved the team to Arizona when everyone KNEW the stadium was going to be an issue?

Bidwell was promised a new domed stadium before he moved the team. I guess his mistake was believing the people when they told him they'd build a stadium. The whole issue in St. Louis was the stadium.

Bidwell said, in interviews, that the people who promised the new stadium don't live in Phoenix any longer. He had to get the stadium voted for.

Plus it was recommended that premiums be placed on the tickets, based on seat location. At the time, the Cardinals tickets had the highest priced tickets in the league.

Bidwell admitted he made mistakes (ticket prices) and he should have lowered the prices instead of letting the market catch up to the price.

When I moved there in 1995, the media had poisoned so many peoples minds, it was beyond repair until a new indoor stadium was built.

Bill Brasky??

"Did I ever tell you about the time Brasky took me out to go get a drink with him? We go off looking for a bar and we can't find one. Finally Brasky takes me to a vacant lot and says, 'Here we are.' We sat there for a year and a half — until sure enough, someone constructs a bar around us. Well, the day they opened we ordered a shot, drank it, and then burned the place to the ground. Brasky yelled over the roar of the flames, 'Always leave things the way you found 'em!'"

"We once had a bachelor party for Brasky. He ate the entire cake before we could tell him there was a stripper in it."

"Did I ever tell you about the time Brasky went hunting? Brasky decides he's going to hunt down all four of the Banana Splits. He stalks and kills every one of them with a machete. They all begged for their lives...except Fleegle."

Bill Brasky! :rolleyes: