Is John Fox on acid?

Simon

This is the problem with front offices and fans around the NFL. You all want to change successful coaches the second they mess something up. John Fox went to Carolina, re-built the team, and took them to the Super Bowl. Then he re-built the team again, and took them to the playoffs with a 1st round bye and home field advantage. He loses one game, or calls a bad game, and now he's a bad coach and he's "on acid."

Maybe he should be fired like Mangini or Shanahan.

Unbelievable.

Thank you. :unsure:

Fox isn't going anywhere. It was strange that they kept throwing the ball and it may have been a flawed game plan, but this one time (albeit in the playoffs) shouldn't cost the man his job.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what gameplan do you turn to when your QB is throwing an interception every other play?

i think he was referring to their gameplan coming into the game...they are one of the better running teams that for some reason didnt come out running...i have no idea what they were trying to do defensively

One that is a bit more obscure "she wore a brass spherical ring" - Prince - for "she wore a rasberry beret"

There are tons of them, but that one's not quite working for me.

There's one a comedian once said: "Big ol' Jed had a light on."

This is the problem with front offices and fans around the NFL. You all want to change successful coaches the second they mess something up. John Fox went to Carolina, re-built the team, and took them to the Super Bowl. Then he re-built the team again, and took them to the playoffs with a 1st round bye and home field advantage. He loses one game, or calls a bad game, and now he's a bad coach and he's "on acid."

Unbelievable.

who said he should be fired? you're unvelievable

Unbelievable.

This is the problem with fans who read message boards and see what they want to see instead of what is actually there. I make a post criticizing what was obviously an ineffective and utterly senseless gameplan and somebody who would rather criticize than comment on the subject matter at hand extrapolates that to mean I think he sucks and want him fired.

I'd be curious to have you point out which part of my post suggested Fox should be fired; as I would be curious to know what part of the Panthers plan you feel compelled to defend.

And btw, Fox is not the GM and did not rebuild the team (and if he was why would he have to do it twice if he'd done it right the first time).

And since he came to Carolina he's had 3 winning season in 7 tries, with a couple years where the Panthers were widely considered to have significantly underachieved.

I hadn't realized that regularly having to rebuild, underachieving on multiple occasions and putting up a winning record about 40% of the time were the new standard which coaches needed to attain to acquire loyal followers who would unerringly protect them from any criticism of their work.

This is the problem with fans who read message boards and see what they want to see instead of what is actually there. I make a post criticizing what was obviously an ineffective and utterly senseless gameplan and somebody who would rather criticize than comment on the subject matter at hand extrapolates that to mean I think he sucks and want him fired.

I'd be curious to have you point out which part of my post suggested Fox should be fired; as I would be curious to know what part of the Panthers plan you feel compelled to defend.

And btw, Fox is not the GM and did not rebuild the team (and if he was why would he have to do it twice if he'd done it right the first time).

And since he came to Carolina he's had 3 winning season in 7 tries, with a couple years where the Panthers were widely considered to have significantly underachieved.

I hadn't realized that regularly having to rebuild, underachieving on multiple occasions and putting up a winning record about 40% of the time were the new standard which coaches needed to attain to acquire loyal followers who would unerringly protect them from any criticism of their work.

Had I wanted to respond directly to you, I would have quoted your post and responded. Instead, I chose to make a general response of my own to the topic to include all fans and media outlets. Maybe you should start there in answering your own questions.

Had I wanted to respond directly to you, I would have quoted your post and responded.

Like when you ended your paragraph with "on acid"? In quotes?

Instead, I chose to make a general response of my own to the topic to include all fans and media outlets.

Assuming we all recognize that John Fox wasn't coaching a divisional playoff game while tripping his balls off, I think most reasonable folks lacking an agenda would realize the topic was the Carolina Panthers' gameplan.

Maybe you should start there in answering your own questions.

I don't recall asking any questions in my response to you.

Perhaps after you show me where I suggested Fox be fired, you can point to these questions I asked. I wouldn't want to make any presuppositions of your meaning as an excuse to put words in your mouth for the sole purpose of disagreeing with them and suggesting you're the problem with NFL fans.

I guess you still don't get it, so I'll say it again, this time slower, and in smaller words in hopes you can understand more clearly. Ready?

I was not posting directly to you, I was posting a general response from tidbits I've heard from the media, fans, some people in this thread, and some pieces from your post. The "on acid" quote was a piece from your post that was a tidbit I'm referring to, where you suggested that Fox must be on acid based on the gameplan.

I'll help you again with breaking things down so we can un-confuse you. You said, "I'd be curious to have you point out which part of my post suggested Fox should be fired" and "as I would be curious to know what part of the Panthers plan you feel compelled to defend."

Perhaps after you show me where I suggested Fox be fired

I'll try this one more time. I'm hoping the repetition can help you. I never said you thought Fox should be fired, because I didn't respond to your quote directly. The talking heads were talking about it during the postgame, and RLflutie alluded to it as well.

Now, there is a button on the lower right portion of each person's post. That button looks like this [" Reply]. When you want to directly respond to a specific person's post, you can hit that button and it will quote the whole post in the top of your reply. Its really cool. If you don't want to respond to one specific post directly, you can just choose the button at the bottom or top of the thread that reads "Add Reply." The technology here at TBD is really quite useful. I'd be happy to show you what some of the other buttons mean, just send me a PM.

Assuming we all recognize that John Fox wasn't coaching a divisional playoff game while tripping his balls off, I think most reasonable folks lacking an agenda would realize the topic was the Carolina Panthers' gameplan.

Perhaps after you show me where I suggested Fox be fired, you can point to these questions I asked. I wouldn't want to make any presuppositions of your meaning as an excuse to put words in your mouth for the sole purpose of disagreeing with them and suggesting you're the problem with NFL fans.

Simon, if memory serves, you slammed Fox's coaching/gameplan after the Panthers crushed Dallas in the 2002 playoffs. Your argument, as I recall, was that the Panthers were lucky.

Simon, if memory serves, you slammed Fox's coaching/gameplan after the Panthers crushed Dallas in the 2002 playoffs. Your argument, as I recall, was that the Panthers were lucky.

I don't recall it; of course I also don't remember what I had for supper. :wallbash:

Interesting to know it's not the first time though.