What did the Bills accomplish this season??

SKOOBY

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made it easier to move to Toronto, since the fans won't mind seeing the Mayflower vans showing up in the middle of the night.

Given how poorly the Bills play the Canucks may refuse to allow them to cross the border. The Bills might be accused of impersonating a football team.

It would be nice if all progress was easily measurable and observable. But it doesn't work that way.

As MAYDAY10 said above, we SERIOUSLY improved at our running game, and McKelvin improved too. Josh Reed took yet another step forward. He seems to take a small step each year, but he's misused as a wideout.

But the thing that is unobservable is how much muscle was put on, how much fat taken off, how much experience gained, how much time together helps communication improve, and so on. How much better reciever and QB read each other's mind, how rookies come back in their second year with a clue and make huge improvements.

I'm sure you all know the phenomenon of the "Tipping Point," through Gladwell's bestseller if from nowhere else. Well, it an observable phenomena, and you can see it at work in today's NFL. The Fins are the best example. They improved the coach and the GM, but let's face it, they didn't improve them 1100%. The Fins have been having high draft picks for a while now. Their young guys have been improving. They got rid of their older guys and gave a lot of young guys shots last year and those guys looked terrific this year. In short, a whole lot of things happened together and they hit their tipping point and radically improved.

That is what could happen to the Bills next year with Peters coming in on time, Poz, McKelvin, Hardy, and our other first year guys (yes, Poz too!!) benefit from a training camp with experience behind them, our OT benefitting from a whole lot of hindsight about his problems last year with play-calling, another year for Trent to improve (expect improvement but yet more inconsistency - he's young), Chris Ellis having put on a few pounds and gotten a clue, Schobel being healthy, a key FA or two and one or two draftees to make a difference at least as role players, and it could happen to us.

Of course, it might not. But it could. Frankly I think there's a damn good chance it does. We are a very young team and these things take time.

How come you don't like RJ but like JP? That's quite the contradiction there.

I think JP is far more like Flutie than RJ. Flutie was & JP is GREAT at throwing the ball while on the move for example. I think if JP goes to a team that has good coaching & is smart enough to play to his strengths, he could yet have a good career. I think Trent is much more like RJ (without the arm) in that they are both an INJURY waiting to happen.

I think JP is far more like Flutie than RJ. Flutie was & JP is GREAT at throwing the ball while on the move for example. I think if JP goes to a team that has good coaching & is smart enough to play to his strengths, he could yet have a good career. I think Trent is much more like RJ (without the arm) in that they are both an INJURY waiting to happen.
I don't know about Edwards yet but I think RJ = JP. And yes, Flutie would've won the Titans playoff game.... !@#$ you Ralph. :(

It would be nice if all progress was easily measurable and observable. But it doesn't work that way.

As MAYDAY10 said above, we SERIOUSLY improved at our running game, and McKelvin improved too. Josh Reed took yet another step forward. He seems to take a small step each year, but he's misused as a wideout.

But the thing that is unobservable is how much muscle was put on, how much fat taken off, how much experience gained, how much time together helps communication improve, and so on. How much better reciever and QB read each other's mind, how rookies come back in their second year with a clue and make huge improvements.

I'm sure you all know the phenomenon of the "Tipping Point," through Gladwell's bestseller if from nowhere else. Well, it an observable phenomena, and you can see it at work in today's NFL. The Fins are the best example. They improved the coach and the GM, but let's face it, they didn't improve them 1100%. The Fins have been having high draft picks for a while now. Their young guys have been improving. They got rid of their older guys and gave a lot of young guys shots last year and those guys looked terrific this year. In short, a whole lot of things happened together and they hit their tipping point and radically improved.

That is what could happen to the Bills next year with Peters coming in on time, Poz, McKelvin, Hardy, and our other first year guys (yes, Poz too!!) benefit from a training camp with experience behind them, our OT benefitting from a whole lot of hindsight about his problems last year with play-calling, another year for Trent to improve (expect improvement but yet more inconsistency - he's young), Chris Ellis having put on a few pounds and gotten a clue, Schobel being healthy, a key FA or two and one or two draftees to make a difference at least as role players, and it could happen to us.

Of course, it might not. But it could. Frankly I think there's a damn good chance it does. We are a very young team and these things take time.

The Bills may be a young team, but that rationale is growing old quickly.

The Dolphins were younger than the Bills this year, played what turned out to be a "tougher" schedule than the Bills, and the Phins won the division within one year of "blowing it up ".

Three years later, we fans are still "hoping" that with just the right off season moves, and another year of experience, our players will somehow overcome the inept coaching they are saddled with, and provide us with a winning season.

The HC has 8 seasons of NFL playing experience along with 24 as a coach. I'll do the math for you and it's 32 years of NFL experience. The OC has 9 seasons of playing experience and 13 as a coach. In contrast, Edwards has all of 2 seasons experience in the NFL. 2 years versus coaches with 32 and 22 years of experience in the pro game. But let's continue to blame a guy who threw 11 TD's and 10 picks.

Now come back with the familiar refrain of "coaches don't throw INT's or make bad plays" argument. You've already started that excuse.

Don't give me that 11 TD's and 10 INT's runaround. I was talking about those 5 games that cost the Bills a chance at a playoff season and his TD-turnover ratio. Outside of the Cheatriots, none of those teams were that good. And the difference in his play was like night and day.

I don't know about Edwards yet but I think RJ = JP. And yes, Flutie would've won the Titans playoff game.... !@#$ you Ralph. :(

Next year should tell us about JP. I really don't know, maybe Bill & his crowd are right & JP SUCKS. JP may not even play much next year, I think the best thing for him is to get some COACHING to make him the best QB he can be.

How come you don't like RJ but like JP? That's quite the contradiction there.

It depends why you didn't like RJ. RJ wasn't tough, and got injured when he took sacks. JP is tough, and isn't fragile. There is at least that much of a difference between them.

RJ wasn't tough

If you mean his body wasn't built for the NFL, through no fault of his own, then no he wasn't "tough".

However, he would stand back there and take an ass-beating game after game and get up when his body would allow it - so yes he was quite tough... or stupid. Either way, he never shied away from the physical nature of the game.

If you mean his body wasn't built for the NFL, through no fault of his own, then no he wasn't "tough".

However, he would stand back there and take an ass-beating game after game and get up when his body would allow it - so yes he was quite tough... or stupid. Either way, he never shied away from the physical nature of the game.

Yeah, he was the definitive choice. Folks who sing to the tune of the Flutie even to this very day are seriously uninformed uneducated (sorry, poor choice of words the first time around).

Yeah, he was the definitive choice. Folks who sing to the tune of the Flutie even to this very day are seriously uninformed uneducated (sorry, poor choice of words the first time around).

what are you talking about?