Bledsoe does not have any touch...

I mean seriously, why would Belechik trade Drew to a division rival. Now we see what Belechik saw in his QB. An immobile guy who does not sense the rush, who gets brain lock under pressure. Throw in the tendancy to turn the ball over and make bad decisions when guys get in his face and it is clear how that weasil in NE suckered Donahoe big time. We even gave up a first-rounder. Hind sight is 20x20, but boy the devious plan is so clear now.

True... we do not have a great offensive line, but Drew is such an easy target because he can't throw on the run so they avoid the roll-out plays or moving the pocket around, and he has no touch on the short passes to dump it off when under pressure. I nearly gagged on my beer when I saw the bullet he sent McGahee's way on that 10 yrd screen that ended up tipped for Deon. HE makes them look worse than they are, and that's hard to do.

I'm ready for something different, we need a change at QB.

Board Alert! Board Alert!

The sun rose in the eastern sky this morning!

Yawnnnnnnnnn!

I mean seriously, why would Belechik trade Drew to a division rival. Now we see what Belechik saw in his QB. An immobile guy who does not sense the rush, who gets brain lock under pressure. Throw in the tendancy to turn the ball over and make bad decisions when guys get in his face and it is clear how that weasil in NE suckered Donahoe big time. We even gave up a first-rounder. Hind sight is 20x20, but boy the devious plan is so clear now.

True... we do not have a great offensive line, but Drew is such an easy target because he can't throw on the run so they avoid the roll-out plays or moving the pocket around, and he has no touch on the short passes to dump it off when under pressure. I nearly gagged on my beer when I saw the bullet he sent McGahee's way on that 10 yrd screen that ended up tipped for Deon. HE makes them look worse than they are, and that's hard to do.

I'm ready for something different, we need a change at QB.

92239[/snapback]

I think it is neither the case that is impossible to win at all with Bledsoe nor that the Pats raped the Bills or TD with this deal.

The facts are these plese tell me if these FACTS are wrong.

1. I think it is possible to win with Bledsoe at QB because IT HAPPENED BEFORE IN REAL LIFE.

Bledsoe flat-out is not a good enough player to carry a team o the SB or even a winning season with him as the prime player. However he did QB the 1996 Pats team to the SB (making it to the SB I consider to be a good winning season though if one wants to declare everyone who didn't win the SB a failure feel free) but it took an outstanding HC job by Parcells and the Pats being a great team in almost all facets of the game to get Bledsoe there. In addition in the 2001 seaso0n Bledsoe was replaced due to injury by Brady and correctly kept on the bench because the Pats were a better team with Brady than with Bledsoe. Nevertheless, Bledsoe did play the majority of a must-win game (throwing the winning TD) for the Pats in the championship game and fully earning his ring as an SB champion that year by doing so.

Anyone who declares a team incapable of winning with Bledsoe at QB is simply totally wrong because teams have won with Bledsoe at QB. The difficulty is that in order to win given Bledsoe's failings you need to have an outstanding coach, OC and your team needs to be a TEAM.

No one is mistaking MM for Parcells or Belicheck (maybe one day but not now) or Clements for Weis. Certainly no one would identify GW as a great HC after his debacle in Buffalo. One can win with Bledsoe's strengths and limitations but it just is not going to happen with the Bills right now.

2. The concept that the Pats somehow raped the Bills with this trade ignores the fact that:

A. The acceleration of the Bledsoe bonus into one year's cap hit not only was a major part in costing the Pats a return trip to the SB in the 2002 season sandwiched between 2 SB wins, but it in fact een cost them a trip to the playoffs that year. Also, after a 3-13 year coming off the RJ debacle, the goal for the Bills in 2002 when Bledsoe was acquired was not to win the SB (one goal each year is to win the SB but it was not gonna happen in the 2002 season after 3-13) but to get better. It was the Bills who raped the Pats in the 2002 season with this trade in terms of real world outcomes as our 8-8 season was a delivery which Bledsoe played a substantial role in of more than we could have reasonably expected and trading him away cost the Pats even making the playoffs that year because they had given him a stupid contract before that.

B. The 2004 season saw the Pats recover from the Bledsoe acceleration to win the SB and the Bills suffer a severe production problem with Bledsoe at the helm. Nevertheless this trade was at worst a wash for the Bills at this point and amounted to the Pats simply sleeping in the bed they had made when BB deviated from his original plan (which up until the Lewis hit was to win with Bledsoe) and took the cap hit because Brady turned out to be a far better QB than anyone expected.

The big TD error was actually resigning Bledsoe last off-season after his horrble production last year. If TD had simply walked away, the Bills would have absorbed no cap hit from cutting Bledsoe and they even found a away to replace the 1st rounder given up for him. To make matters worse, the team never found a quality back-up for Bledsoe and their experiment with Brown ended with an injury.

If you want to be accurate, yes Bledsoe has no touch (apparently they train players in the NFL to throw it the same way everytime and pro receivers are simply expected to catch these too hard throws from Bledsoe) but with excellent coaching and good teamwork a team can do quite well with him at QB. The unfortunate thing for the Bills is that we have a rookie coach and rookie OC whp cannot win with Bledsoe's problems and or team is in disarray and can't pick-up for Bledsoe's failings.