Ralph is 90, do not expect any "productive or consistant decision

Chuckknox

How many 90 year olds really know what day it is, much less what a NFL team needs???? :thumbsup:
:lol:

A lot more than you think.

Your statement shows ignorance.

Because my parents lived well into their 80s, I got to know more people 80 & older than you, obviously, have ever seen.

A lot of them still live in their own homes & know more than you ever will. Grow up!

How many 90 year olds really know what day it is, much less what a NFL team needs???? :lol:

90 ! not 80's. 90 is VERY old. 90 and running functioning as a CEO or major decision maker.

No disrespect, just amazed that a 90 year old can still control this team. We should not expect much in terms of problem solving skills. Does anyone else know any 90 year olds still working??

90 ! not 80's. 90 is VERY old. 90 and running functioning as a CEO or major decision maker.

No disrespect, just amazed that a 90 year old can still control this team. We should not expect much in terms of problem solving skills. Does anyone else know any 90 year olds still working??

Jesus Christ, it's amazing if he can still control his bladder! :lol:

In all seriousness, there's no doubt that RW is operating at diminished capacity.

How many 90 year olds really know what day it is, much less what a NFL team needs???? :lol:

Well, RW was one of only two owners that was smart enough to vote against the current CBA. The very same Collective Bargaining Agreement that many owners now regret passing.

Jesus Christ, it's amazing if he can still control his bladder! :lol:

In all seriousness, there's no doubt that RW is operating at diminished capacity.

I can not understand where you come up with this. Have you spoken directly to Ralph or his doctors?

Consider the following based on harvard research:

In fact, a number of recent studies have found that although it is common, it is by no means inevitable. From 20 to 30 percent of people in their 80's who volunteer for cognitive testing perform as well as volunteers in their 30's and 40's, who are presumably in their mental prime.

Point is just do not assume things. According to the harvard study there is a strong possibility that Ralph may be functioning as well as, if not better than many of us who post to this forum.

I can not understand where you come up with this. Have you spoken directly to Ralph or his doctors?

Consider the following based on harvard research:

In fact, a number of recent studies have found that although it is common, it is by no means inevitable. From 20 to 30 percent of people in their 80's who volunteer for cognitive testing perform as well as volunteers in their 30's and 40's, who are presumably in their mental prime.

Point is just do not assume things. According to the harvard study there is a strong possibility that Ralph may be functioning as well as, if not better than many of us who post to this forum.

huhhhh??? whaaaa?? huhhhh???....

I can not understand where you come up with this. Have you spoken directly to Ralph or his doctors? Consider the following based on harvard research:

Have you seen any video footage of him from the Toronto debacle til now? That's enough evidence to conclude that the effects of every one of Ralph's 90 years is noticeable. And the scary part is that he runs this organization with an iron fist. There is no one that will oppose any decision that Ralph makes.

If I had to guess, and I do, I would suspect Ralph is still mentally OK...but slowed a little bit. I think it takes him longer to make decisions than it used to. That could be considered a plus, as he is less likely to make rash decisions (although, as I pointed out in another thread, it is likely that Ralph HAS a rash). He isn't on the sidelines, where one needs to process information quickly.

Ralph probably has more on the ball than many posters, here. He is smart and experienced. Those who call him "doddering" are simply stupid. Yes, it took him two days of meetings to decide to keep Jauron. I would suspect that many factors were considered including $$, possible lawsuits if he didn't want to pay the $$, available options that were likely to come to Buffalo, options that might be available next year, $$, the likely short term outcome of changing coaches (and probably schemes/playbooks/etc), $$, etc. In the end, he probably decided that it didn't make sense for him to spend the $$ on what he thought the short term outcome of the change would produce.

But, the fact that Ralph is 90 needs to be considered. He is probably OK, now (although the decision to keep Jauron makes me wonder), but will be be in 6 months? A year? Two years? It is quite possible for Ralph to live 15 more years. Will he be competent enough to run an NFL team if/when he is over 100? Possible, but not bloody likely.

Ralph has vowed to keep the team for as long as he lives. On the plus side, he will keep the team in Buffalo. But, I hope he has plans to sell the team (or have a proxy run it), should he become mentally unable to function as an NFL owner.

Ralph probably has more on the ball than many posters, here.

I recall a couple of years ago when Ralph said in a press conference "If it's Tuesday, it must be Belgium", and most of the people here went ballistic about how senile he must have been to say that...when in truth, he was making a joke referencing an old Suzanne Pleshette movie.

I'm pretty sure Ralph is sharper than most of our posters here.

I recall a couple of years ago when Ralph said in a press conference "If it's Tuesday, it must be Belgium", and most of the people here went ballistic about how senile he must have been to say that...when in truth, he was making a joke referencing an old Suzanne Pleshette movie.

I remember that, and couldn't believe that he took s#it for that remark. He also took s#it for not voting for the CBA before having a chance to examine it thoroughly. How stupid is that guy? :lol:

I'm pretty sure Ralph is sharper than most of our posters here.

Sure, but that really isn't saying much, is it? :thumbsup:

Another PC Police Jr. Deputy. :lol:

Does the position come with a shiny little badge?

I'm just directing you to some people of like mind and presumably like intellect that might be of interest to you. Then again, someone witty enough to name themselves "BLZFAN4LIFE" might be incapable of actually searching a forum.

Please, by all means, don't let me distract you from your mission of acting like a douche bag. Carry on.......

Man, this thread is unbelievable. The only reason the Bills are still in Buffalo is becasue of one man: Ralph Wilson.

He's had plenty of opportunities to move this team and make a lot more money. He didn't. And not because he loves everyone in Buffalo (He definitely wouldn't after reading the posts of some of the geniuses in this thread). He hasn't moved the team becasue he still believes in the original concept of the league: That an NFL team can play anywhere, even in economically depressed cities, as long as the league maintains the core concept of a self supporting organization, dedicated more to the sport of football than to enormous profits. His actions back up his beliefs.

Unfortunately, the league is changing. The "greed is good" element of NFL owners have gained a strong foothold.

I don't criticize the right to make a profit, but when profit becomes an obsession, the rest of the league, and the sport, is going to suffer.

Don't believe it? The minute Ralph dies, the future of the team in Buffalo is up in the air.

I'm glad guys like Kelly are making a concerted effort, but there's no guarantee once the money starts flying around.

Those of you who think Ralph is a doddering old man better hope he stays around for a while, and hope that he's done everything he can to ensure the future of the team in Buffalo once he's gone.

I'm just directing you to some people of like mind and presumably like intellect that might be of interest to you. Then again, someone witty enough to name themselves "BLZFAN4LIFE" might be incapable of actually searching a forum.

Please, by all means, don't let me distract you from your mission of acting like a douche bag. Carry on.......

I'm well aware of the thread that you were referring to. It doesn't change the fact that I find overly sensitive, politically correct sissies annoying.

Man, this thread is unbelievable. The only reason the Bills are still in Buffalo is becasue of one man: Ralph Wilson.

He's had plenty of opportunities to move this team and make a lot more money. He didn't. And not because he loves everyone in Buffalo (He definitely wouldn't after reading the posts of some of the geniuses in this thread). He hasn't moved the team becasue he still believes in the original concept of the league: That an NFL team can play anywhere, even in economically depressed cities, as long as the league maintains the core concept of a self supporting organization, dedicated more to the sport of football than to enormous profits. His actions back up his beliefs. Unfortunately, the league is changing. The "greed is good" element of NFL owners have gained a strong foothold.

I don't criticize the right to make a profit, but when profit becomes an obsession, the rest of the league, and the sport, is going to suffer.

Don't believe it? The minute Ralph dies, the future of the team in Buffalo is up in the air.

I'm glad guys like Kelly are making a concerted effort, but there's no guarantee once the money starts flying around.

Those of you who think Ralph is a doddering old man better hope he stays around for a while, and hope that he's done everything he can to ensure the future of the team in Buffalo once he's gone.

What the :lol: are you smoking? The only thing that Ralph Wilson has proven is that he's willing to provide a team in Buffalo that is just good enough to hold the fan's interest. That's given us a 9 year playoff absence. Big :thumbsup: 'n deal. If he's dedicated to the sport of football, he would sell the team to someone that will keep them in Buffalo and is committed to winning.

If he's dedicated to the sport of football, he would sell the team to someone that will keep them in Buffalo and is committed to winning.

Got an offer for him? What an ignorant statement.