Any pilots on the Board?

bills_fan

How did that turn up at a FAA medical? Thats normally a read the wall chart simple eye test.

When the doc goes "follow the pencil" or whatever & moves it around in front of you, I can only assume that it's apparent that one eye points one way & the other doesn't, i.e. you look cross-eyed except in my case it's the opposite.

Go to the school behind the Airpower museum. Good guys there. And good luck!

I took an intro lesson there and was amazed at how easy flying is. Not procedurally, of course, but the actual act of flying. Once you trim it out and assuming youre in decent weather, the aircraft is just rock-solid and will stay in the attitude you put it it for a while. Doenst need constant correction like driving or piloting a boat does.

The school behind the museum at Farmingdale? Any one specifically I should ask for?

When the doc goes "follow the pencil" or whatever & moves it around in front of you, I can only assume that it's apparent that one eye points one way & the other doesn't, i.e. you look cross-eyed except in my case it's the opposite.

You would have beat me in a wager on that one. I dug out my FAR/AIM book and sure enough part 67.103 does have some highly technical medical jargon that I think applies to that condition. But have been tru probably 6 medicals[most recent 4/08] and just cant recall any AME doing that. But you were able to get a special issuance? I know in some cases[like color blindness] there is something called "demonstrated ability" if the condition is stable.

But you were able to get a special issuance? I know in some cases[like color blindness] there is something called "demonstrated ability" if the condition is stable.

After 13 months of waiting and ever knows how many calls to Oklahoma, they issued me a "provisional approval" (I don't recall the exact term). (It probably took them all of 5 minutes to review my paperwork for approval, but in the mean time they had already spent ever knows how many hrs losing my paperwork, making the AME refile, trying to find status, etc. ARGH, just so disgusting :lol: ) This allowed to continue my training (Personally, I think it's equally as dumb that if they're not sure of if this would make me an unsafe pilot, they then allow me to fly solo :duh: )

I had the option of either taking a separate "demonstrated ability exam", or have it incorporated in my Checkride. I opted for the latter (which I failed), but the Examiner allowed me to continue to complete the necessary items for the Demonstrated Ability (which I passed).

After 13 months of waiting and ever knows how many calls to Oklahoma, they issued me a "provisional approval" (I don't recall the exact term). (It probably took them all of 5 minutes to review my paperwork for approval, but in the mean time they had already spent ever knows how many hrs losing my paperwork, making the AME refile, trying to find status, etc. ARGH, just so disgusting :lol: ) This allowed to continue my training (Personally, I think it's equally as dumb that if they're not sure of if this would make me an unsafe pilot, they then allow me to fly solo :duh: )

I had the option of either taking a separate "demonstrated ability exam", or have it incorporated in my Checkride. I opted for the latter (which I failed), but the Examiner allowed me to continue to complete the necessary items for the Demonstrated Ability (which I passed).

Your not alone. I have a million FAA incompetence story's. think if your livelyhood was put on hold while they "looked for the paperwork".