Big-time TE available

I love Daniels. He was just dominant for the Texans this year. Not sure if he's worth as much as this article says.

http://buf.scout.com/2/828147.html

But I think he is exactly what Edwards needs. If Buffalo wants to get this O rollin' he sure sounds like the right guy.

I'd love to have him in Buffalo but I just can't see Houston letting him get away. It's a pipedream at best.

I'd love to have him in Buffalo but I just can't see Houston letting him get away. It's a pipedream at best.

I agree. Houston is loaded at receiver. They'll do everything they can to keep them together. Might be worth fighting for though. He could be the best TE in the league in a couple years.

He will cost a 1st round pick.

hes a free agent... imagine if we got matt birk, tj whoseurmomma, and owen daniels. thats something to be afraid of. Of course this wont happen i doubt TJ would want to be a #2 guy again. and were just gonna overpay for some free agents that aren't very good.

I like both this guy's ideas...Garcia and Daniels.

And, yes, I'd give up the #11 to sign this guy. If we were looking at Gresham at 11, well, Daniels has already proved he can play and excel in the league.

WHY DO WE HAVE TO TRADE OUR 1ST ROUND PICK TO GET AN UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT? WHAT AM I MISSING HERE?

Sorry, we will never get the most desired player at ANY position in free agency. never have never will. I'd say, L.J. Smith is our guy, always injured, near the end of his carreer, practically useless, he's our man. Prove me wrong.

WHY DO WE HAVE TO TRADE OUR 1ST ROUND PICK TO GET AN UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT? WHAT AM I MISSING HERE?

Sorry, we will never get the most desired player at ANY position in free agency. never have never will. I'd say, L.J. Smith is our guy, always injured, near the end of his carreer, practically useless, he's our man. Prove me wrong.

Here you go Bucky. Courtesy of rotoworld: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=3733

Daniels seems to have good but not great size at 6'3 245. His stats suggest he can play, especially considering Houston's sporadic QB play.

As a RFA, Houston can tender him at a place which would make him untouchable if another teams signs him.

In 2008, a player with a 1st and 3rd compensation received a 1 year deal for 2.562M. A first round tender was 2.017M, 2nd round 1.417M, and a tender of 927k was equal to the round the player was drafted in.

Last year, Indy allowed Ben Utecht to sign with Cincy at no compensation because Utecht was a UDFA.

I think Houston will give Daniels the highest tender, regardless of the 2009 salary. No team would give a first and third for Michael Turner, and no one will for Daniels.

Daniels seems to have good but not great size at 6'3 245. His stats suggest he can play, especially considering Houston's sporadic QB play.

As a RFA, Houston can tender him at a place which would make him untouchable if another teams signs him.

In 2008, a player with a 1st and 3rd compensation received a 1 year deal for 2.562M. A first round tender was 2.017M, 2nd round 1.417M, and a tender of 927k was equal to the round the player was drafted in.

Last year, Indy allowed Ben Utecht to sign with Cincy at no compensation because Utecht was a UDFA.

I think Houston will give Daniels the highest tender, regardless of the 2009 salary. No team would give a first and third for Michael Turner, and no one will for Daniels.

I never understood why more teams dont tender their good to decent players at the 1st round level or higher. That extra 500k basically guarantees that they're staying with you, or that you can work a trade to your advantage.

Ask the dolphins. If they had tendered welker at the 1st round level instead of the second, they'd still have him. Instead, ne* used a poison pill to get him. Hope miami is enjoying that 500k they saved.

The Bills hardly EVER attract the best free agents without spending top dollar as most NFL players outside see Buffalo as NFL Siberia! So unless Ralph spends top dollar, the only way he will attract top name free agents is if they have connections or affections to WNY to give a hometown discount!

Never Happen. When is the last time Ralph won a bidding war for a top teir FA? (crickets) Yeah back then.

I feel ya...but this is rediculous. He can't be that cheap. He MUST get some top flight free agents. The management team can't think that they can get away with everything they have pulled W/OUT doing so...at least I hope.