Breaking News

K-Gun10

Eric Mangini named browns Head Coach

I feel bad for the Browns fans - they had higher hopes. A good friend and coworker is a huge Browns fan - he is crying right now (serves the b@st@rd right after laughing at me when the Bills kept Jauron).

You want to know what's hilarious?

The Browns had Bellichick and they let him go!!

Now they've spent how many years basically taking Bellichick's cast-offs...

True. And I still think the media ran Belichick out of town.

As for Mangini, well, he's probably the best available. There's a LOT of apathy around here at this point.

Link to Plain Dealer story.

And Pacman Jones has been released. For all of you that want a star with attitude and a bad boy demeanor, here is your chance. I still don't get it, why they have to be idiots to play well, but there seem to be plenty of people on here that believe that to be the case.

I don't know, I wouldn't be terribly upset if Mangini was named the coach of my favorite team, given the alternative...I think his tenure in New York was moderately successful. The Favre situation, and the fact that it basically happend on the eve of the NY Jets season, might have been tough for a lot of coaches to handle. I think Favre (as much as I am on record as liking the guy, and thinking this was a good move for the Jets) and the deterioration of his play, was the main reason the Jets tanked this season...the Jets played well, and beat some good teams, until Favre's arm died...

The Jets may not have been great, but I never watched them and thought they looked like a poorly coached team. The Browns have some talent on their roster...I wouldn't be shocked to see Mangini be able to do with them, what Romeo was unable to do this year.