I am having problems getting motivated this off season

The 2nd we draft a big time pass rusher or sign a decent FA, you will all be back. We're Bills fans, we're diehards.

Here's the thing I think people are overlooking. I think Russ Brandon is trying to prove make a name at COO or whatever he is. The guy was very involved in free agency last year and signed soem decent players to fill some needs (Mitchell and Johnson). To top things off, he made a great move in acquiring one of the best DTs in football in Stroud. The Bills were also trying to get Gonzalez. To me, if a franchise really doesn't care about winning, why do they make these moves?

puhhhhhhleease.

marcus stroud is the epitome of 2nd teir. that same FA class had Jenkins, and Rogers. marcus Stroud was a top DT 5 years ago. He's on the same page as schoeble. He's a big name has-been brought in to quell the masses. If we were willing to pay for TG, he'd be here. This franchise is like the movie groundhog day.

I would generally tend to disagree with you about our depth. I'd say it's pretty good. Injuries haven't been a reason for the team's failure. They could have been a reason to tank, but when we had numerous injuries 2 seasons ago the backups stepped in and performed quite well. The same happened this year.

I wouldn't say this as a knock on our starters, but I feel pretty comfortable that if almost any starter on the team goes down, we have a backup who can fill in and the team won't be missing too much.

This, of course, with the exception of the quarterback position, which I didn't think would be a concern heading into the season with Losman there, but I was wrong.

Ralph seems content to allow the stagnation to continue. Same losing coach while other teams are cleaning house.

When the Jets' owner said "we didn't start thinking about this (firing Mangini) yesterday...", I thought about how Ralph was going to wait until Wednesday to meet with Dick et al, it drove home the point about where the Bills' trouble begins - right at the top.

It must be nice to have a "football braintrust" (i.e., people who GET IT) running your football team. I fear the Bills never will have it.