Trent Edwards vs. Defense

I never played football (I hope I'm still allowed to talk about it), so I don't know much about defensive schemes but someone answer me this:

1) What was Trent Edwards record against the 3-4 defense?

2) What was Trent Edwards record against the 4-3 defense?

I'm aware that Trent performed much stronger against the 4-3. I'm also aware he played like crap against the 3-4. But I'd like to know which games he played against the 4-3. Someone with this knowledge, please inform us and we'll move onto the point of this thread.

I never played football (I hope I'm still allowed to talk about it), so I don't know much about defensive schemes but someone answer me this:

1) What was Trent Edwards record against the 3-4 defense?

2) What was Trent Edwards record against the 4-3 defense?

I'm aware that Trent performed much stronger against the 4-3. I'm also aware he played like crap against the 3-4. But I'd like to know which games he played against the 4-3. Someone with this knowledge, please inform us and we'll move onto the point of this thread.

Trent Edwards, i believe, only beat the 3-4 defense once this year

patheticcccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

You are correct, he only beat one 3-4 defense this year, the Chargers.

Here are the statistics I've got:

--------------------------------------------------------

AGAINST THE 4-3 DEFENSE - (SEA, JAX, OAK, STL, KC, SF, DEN)

W/L: 6-1

129/197 (65%), 7 touchdowns, 2 interceptions, 1508 yards

AGAINST THE 3-4 DEFENSE - (ARI, MIA, NYJ, NE (twice), CLE, SD)

W/L: 1-6

116/177 (66%), 4 touchdowns, 8 interceptions, 1191 yards

--------------------------------------------------------

This is taking into account that Trent only played the first few plays in the Arizona game (I still counted that as a loss and included the minimal stats) and only a half against San Francisco. He missed 2 complete games.

I was hoping to find a big difference between the two but besides having a much better TD/INT ratio against the 4-3, everything isn't as far apart as I expected. In fact, his completion pct is higher against 3-4. Make sense out of that.

The one thing I noticed is Trent hasn't thrown for more than 2 touchdowns in any game this season. That's not good.

Statistics aside, Trent is 6-1 against the defense he is comfortable playing against. He is an abysmal 1-6 against the defense he isn't comfortable playing against. Aside from trying to keep the kid healthy, the coaches should be doing whatever they can to help Trent learn the 3-4.

Then again, consider this: the 4-3 defensive teams he played this year had a combined record of 33-79, which means just about every quarterback playing those teams had success. The 3-4 defensive teams he played went a combined 63-49. (counting NE twice)

Again, going into this I thought there would be a much larger discrepancy between the two categories. But the truth is in the numbers. When your quarterback throws more interceptions than touchdowns, your team is going to have a hard time winning. And yes, the argument can be made that Trent's victories came against weak competition.