How does Willis for Peerless look now?

Keep that whiner in Atlanta. Travis is not going any where.

92276[/snapback]

Yes Peerless is a whiner. But, if you're thinking Travis will be here next year, think again. TH has even commented "10 games to go" in one of his interviews. He is absolutely gone next year, and he knows it. The ONLY way he stays is if Willis has another catastrophic injury before the year ends, and even then it's questionable. At that point, they'd probably trade TH and take a back in rounds 2 or 3.

It was one of his worst moves, shows the same kind of decision making that got him fired in Pittsgurgh and will get him fired here, probably at the end of the season.

He got rid one of our best players, in reality the second best player on our team at the time. Traded him away. Our team was a shell itself in large part because of that stupid move. Price was worth the money.

And you say it is a good move because............?

Of Travis McGahee???? Shocking. The Rob Johnson logic. (Hey, maybe we should extend his contract and offer him huge bonus, too? Let's keep it going, let's dig another hole this team will take years to climb out of.)

(And I think McGahee can become an excellent back--but we have NOTHING to back up that contention yet...)

It was one of his worst moves, shows the same kind of decision making that got him fired in Pittsgurgh and will get him fired here, probably at the end of the season.

He got rid one of our best players, in reality the second best player on our team at the time. Traded him away.  Our team was a shell itself in large part because of that stupid move.  Price was worth the money.

Of Travis McGahee????  Shocking.  The Rob Johnson logic.  (Hey, maybe we should extend his contract and offer him huge bonus, too? Let's keep it going, let's dig another hole this team will take years to climb out of.)

(And I think McGahee can become an excellent back--but we have NOTHING to back up that contention yet...)

92336[/snapback]

I totally disagree that Peerless was worth the money. You can't pay 2 WR's $5M+ a year.

We would never had re-signed Peerless........He wanted alot of money..No way we coulda afforded him......As evidenced by his Atlanta performane..TD made a great trade...Now if JP turns out to be the next Jim Kelly or atleast Doug Flutie...He'll have saved his job.

92014[/snapback]

Actually Peerless was franchised, then traded. While it would have been difficult, Buffalo could have kept him and made other decisons on their roster to keep under the cap. I agree that it was the right move to trade a recalcitrant player than keep him on the roster, but I think had Buffalo declined to trade him, Peerless would have played rather than sit out the season and sulk.

Well you can pay two recievers 5 mil. a year MadBuffaloDisease. It's just that Peerless isn't one of them. Now if it was Moulds being paired up with either Moss or Owens, yeah, you shell out the cash.

92422[/snapback]

Point taken, but there aren't many teams that pay their top 2 receivers that much. Actually the ONLY team that might is the Rams.

He got rid one of our best players, in reality the second best player on our team at the time. Traded him away.  Our team was a shell itself in large part because of that stupid move.  Price was worth the money.

Of Travis McGahee????  Shocking.  The Rob Johnson logic.  (Hey, maybe we should extend his contract and offer him huge bonus, too? Let's keep it going, let's dig another hole this team will take years to climb out of.)

92336[/snapback]

Travis McGahee???????? Do you mean Willis McGahee?

Mr. Defense, this response, along with your high touting of Travis over Willis on that other ridiculous post makes me believe you don't have a clue. You must be one of a very small minority that says we would be better off with Peerless than Willis. Do you even watch the games? Heck, Lee Evans is going to be better than Peerless by next year. Have you taken a look at Peerless' numbers in Atlanta? They're dreadful. I'm betting they make him take a pay cut soon, or he'll get cut. His production vs. salary is completely out of whack.

I'd like to ask the opinions of this board: Who agrees with me? And who agrees with Mr.D. I'm betting 90% of the board agrees with me. Let us know fellow posters.

Peerless had one statistical great year. 2002. For that, he was given a 10 Mil + signing bonus and a cap killing contract. Ask the Falcon fans whether he was worth it ?

I still remember him short arming dozens of balls, hearing footsteps. His 2002 season was a result of Moulds drawing the double coverage. One year does not make a career. See Alvin Harper.

TD got a 1st rounder from Atlanta for a guy who could have signed for no compensation a week later. He did not wish to play here anymore. The argument is moot. In return, TD gambled on MaGahee, who may be our starter from this day forward.

TD has made some blunders but the Peerless situation wasn't one of them.

Getting a #1 draft pick for Peerless was a great move by TD, the best he's made as our GM in my opinion. We were about to lose PP to free agency, so to turn that into a first-round pick was a great move.

92234[/snapback]

I totally agree. This was a GREAT move by TD, not just a good move. Peerless was a free agent. We were going to get ZERO. TD made a calculated gamble that he could get a first rounder for PP and it worked. He got back the 1st rounder he gave up for DB.

Now, at that point in the draft I think it was a solid move to pick McGahee. I'd love to hear what other person we should have taken at that pick that is making a big impact with their team right now. Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

RunTheBall

Guest Guesteroo

92336[/snapback]

Mister D, after yesterday's performance by Willis, I think you owe TD an apology. Bad move? What the heck are you talking about?