I re-tried Jiffy Pop popcorn after many years.

stuckincincy

Very good.

I have one of those Whirly-Pop poppers that I use occasionally, with the "Movie Popcorn" product they hawk. It's really authentic - coconut oil with saturated fat numbers that drops the jaw. :unsure:

I found Jiffy Pop to be a good approximation. We usually consume Orville Reddenbacher's 94% microwave stuff.

Give Jiffy Pop a try - just be sure to use care in opening it so you don't damage the foil, and follow the instructions religiously.

$1.59 at Meijer's grocery store.

Very good.

I have one of those Whirly-Pop poppers that I use occasionally, with the "Movie Popcorn" product they hawk. It's really authentic - coconut oil with saturated fat numbers that drops the jaw. :P

I found Jiffy Pop to be a good approximation. We usually consume Orville Reddenbacher's 94% microwave stuff.

Give Jiffy Pop a try - just be sure to use care in opening it so you don't damage the foil, and follow the instructions religiouisly.

I especially like Jiffy Pop Popcorn when I'm reading threads on the PPP with Elliot and Molson getting B word slapped around. Though, laughing while eating Jiffy Pop Popcorn is pretty freakin dangerous man. :unsure:

I especially like Jiffy Pop Popcorn when I'm reading threads on the PPP with Elliot and Molson getting B word slapped around. Though, laughing while eating Jiffy Pop Popcorn is pretty freakin dangerous man. :unsure:

Hey Pop!...are you still mad at me for pointing out that people routinely use CPS as a tool for harassment?

:P

At home i'll stick with my air popper. Buy the liquid oil/butter topping and some salt, and you're set.

I used to have this popcorn machine when I was in college that you would put the kernels & oil on one side & the stick of butter on the other side. As it was popping the butter would melt & mix in with the popped kernels. I would add a little salt while it was popping. I used to love that popcorn. Used to be my dinner at least 3 nights a week.

Very good.

I have one of those Whirly-Pop poppers that I use occasionally, with the "Movie Popcorn" product they hawk. It's really authentic - coconut oil with saturated fat numbers that drops the jaw. :P

I pictured you to be the kind of guy that pops it over the fireplace while Half-pint, Mary and Carrie Ingalls wait patiently for you start playing the fiddle! :unsure:

I may need to give Jiffy Pop another try.

I know what you mean, my wife is going to give me a strange look when I bring home some jiffy pop tonight!

Used to be my dinner at least 3 nights a week.

I used to do the same thing in college, except I had one of those noisey hot air poppers.

I try not to use the microwave stuff as much as possible, I prefer popping it on the stove as well. I remember in the late 80s you couldn't find any pop corn poppers that weren't microwave or hot air.

I used to love Jiffy Pop. Now I think of the movie Scream everytime I see it. That was a great scene in what turned out to be a pretty good move. I may need to give Jiffy Pop another try.

I think of Fantastic Four myself...they've confined themselves to the Baxter Building and Johnny's on his way to the couch watching XGames and has a container of Jiffy Pop in his hand that is popping as he's sitting down :unsure:

Very good.

I have one of those Whirly-Pop poppers that I use occasionally, with the "Movie Popcorn" product they hawk. It's really authentic - coconut oil with saturated fat numbers that drops the jaw. :unsure:

Give Jiffy Pop a try - just be sure to use care in opening it so you don't damage the foil, and follow the instructions religiously.

$1.59 at Meijer's grocery store.

As much fun to make as it is to eat.

It tastes AWESOME though! And that which doesn't kill us only makes us stronger, right..... :unsure:

Does popcorn matter how it is popped? That is does the method of busting open the kernal of popping corn matter? I alwys thought it was the kind of popping corn used.

If one could pop the same corn in various devices, would people know the difference? And if so, why?

Sure it matters. I imagine the tenderness of the final product will vary depending on how long the kernel cooked before bursting. But, corn popped in oil tastes different than air-popped corn. that's for sure.

Sure it matters. I imagine the tenderness of the final product will vary depending on how long the kernel cooked before bursting. But, corn popped in oil tastes different than air-popped corn. that's for sure.

Try variations. Put the kernels in the oil and add spices like cayenne, chili powder, cumin etc. Good stuff.

Try variations. Put the kernels in the oil and add spices like cayenne, chili powder, cumin etc. Good stuff.

Yup. I prefer the pot on the stove, popped in oil, myself. I have used cayenne, but never anything else. Good thought.

This thread's killing me. I started the South Beach diet yesterday so no popcorn for me and I LOVE popcorn. Many a night that was my dinner. Some chef huh? :unsure:

:worthy:

The cayenne suggestion is awesome. I tried it out of the blue once -- put some in the oil while it was popping. Gave it to my wife. She was pissed at how spicy it was (that, and she wasn't expecting anything other than normal popcorn :blink: ). It was good though!