Tahoe Advice??

plenzmd1

So with the state of the economy and all, we are scaling down the spring break a bit this year. We usually go skiing for a week, but going to change that this year.

Going to start out going to San Fran for a three days and staying with friends there. Have never really had to time to explore San Fran the way i want to, so this will give me the chance with friends that live right in the city.

From there we are planning to drive to Tahoe and spend three nights, 3 1/2 days there. Any suggestions on best ski areas and lodging for three days for a family? I have two kids, age 7 and 9 , both can get down a blue no issue. But no blacks. We also prefer ski in/ski out. If any one has any recent experience, I am all ears

So with the state of the economy and all, we are scaling down the spring break a bit this year. We usually go skiing for a week, but going to change that this year.

Going to start out going to San Fran for a three days and staying with friends there. Have never really had to time to explore San Fran the way i want to, so this will give me the chance with friends that live right in the city. :worthy:

From there we are planning to drive to Tahoe and spend three nights, 3 1/2 days there. Any suggestions on best ski areas and lodging for three days for a family? I have two kids, age 7 and 9 , both can get down a blue no issue. But no blacks. We also prefer ski in/ski out. If any one has any recent experience, I am all ears

If you want to see the real SF, go to city hall and count the bums on the lawn. If it's raining, go to the Central library to see them.

Don't know about Tahoe, as the closest I have gotten was driving on I-80 when I moved to CA. It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive as past Auburn, (1300 ft), the highway starts climbing. Donner Pass is at about 7500 feet. If it's going to be snowing you may have to put on chains. If they say it is required an the day you go up or come back, they will not let you go on. The Interstate gets closed if there is too much snow. They have gates that go across the highway (2-3 lanes each way) to close it.