Cassell Getting Franchised

H2o

Have heard that Brady will more than likely need another surgery to repair his knee and will be out for the 2009 season. The ligaments aren't healing the way they are supposed to. If he comes back he would have to wear a brace and the knee would still be less stable and prone to re-injury. Would the Patriots do the unthinkable? Would they trade or release Tom Brady(trade more likely because they'll want to get what they can)? Let's think of who this has happened to in the past. Boomer Esiason to the Jets. Joe Montana to the Chiefs. Kurt Warner multiple times. Drew Bledsoe to us :ph34r: Is Brady next on the list?

Have heard that Brady will more than likely need another surgery to repair his knee and will be out for the 2009 season. The ligaments aren't healing the way they are supposed to. If he comes back he would have to wear a brace and the knee would still be less stable and prone to re-injury. Would the Patriots do the unthinkable? Would they trade or release Tom Brady(trade more likely because they'll want to get what they can)? Let's think of who this has happened to in the past. Boomer Esiason to the Jets. Joe Montana to the Chiefs. Kurt Warner multiple times. Drew Bledsoe to us :ph34r: Is Brady next on the list?

Right now, its insurance. Brady is significantly better than Cassel at this point in their careers...just look at sack numbers...Brady is one of the slowest QB's in the league yet he is one of the most mobile in terms of moving around the pocket to avoid the rush and give himself time to throw.

That being said, if Brady's knee is going to keep him out in 2009, then I think NE is put in a position where Brady renegotiates his contract or they move him if Cassel has another strong year in 09. Too much risk to pin the franchise on a bum knee at the price tag Brady, not to mention Brady's age come 2010, so I think they go long term with Cassel, especially if he continues to improve next year. Cassel has been good and is showing lots of promise, but I still think NE sticks with Brady if he can play at all in 09 and shows the knee holds up, but it won't take much for them to consider a change.