Make The Better Side Of The Ball

I agree wholeheartedly with Baumer. Build up this D to the level of the Ravens. Here is my plan. Get a center, QB and Bertrand Berry in FA. Draft Everette Brown with the first pick. Take Sean Weatherspoon(Missouri OLB) with the 2nd. Chase Coffman with the 3rd. AQ Shipley in the 4th. Best available DT's in 5th-7th. Coffman will help our offense immensely because Edwards will have a safety valve(other than Reed) who he can throw the ball to and not worry about him dropping it. He doesn't need to be a great blocker(ask Dallas Clark).

Ahh, I would be very happy with this as well. If they ever got a Blue Chip DE AND a B level Center in FA, the draft would be tough to mess up (although they will probably find a way)

It's a good idea that certainly is not unique. I do believe, however that for our team, the "You can't win if you can't score" adage rang true enough times this year that there is no way you can ignore our offensive woes in the offseason.

True - the D kept us in the SF and Miami (#2) games this year. The O did not score enough. The offense also has to be good enough to keep the D off the field - time of possession can't be lopsided.

I understand it is highly unlikely that you dominate both sides of the ball in today's game so perhps you have to choose one or the other. A domoniating defense might help though by generating more turnovers.