Yes, Hollywood Has Sunk Pretty Low But....

Dante

We went to see Grand Torino yesterday and it was very good. Made me cry(desperately tried to hide that from my wife) in two parts. If you are a little skeptical, like I was, about Eastwood pulling this off, don't be. He does an excellent job as does the rest of the supporting cast. I also was ready to pan this because I thought it had the potential to slip into a Charlie Bronson type of movie. It never lets itself do that. Pretty simple movie. No big budget. Just well written and acted. Go see it!

8.5/10 :ph34r:

Whudja do? Whip out your Jauron?

:lol:

Jesus Gringo, my name isn't Paul Reubens! I should have said "self-imposed ban." I can't stomach going to movies anymore... people won't shut up, the OG sitting behind me finds a need to tell anyeone within 7 rows of him which females he approves of by saying "I'd hit that," baby's mommas bring in their infants, (and supposedly I live in a decent part of Colorado Springs), everything is overpriced, previews and other commercials take 25 minutes... ugh, it must be Monday or I'm channelling "cincy" again today. :thumbsup:

Eastwood is making some great movies late in life.

Agree 100%. He's pushing 80 and he seems to get better and better. Granted, I always thought he played pretty much the same character early on, but he has broadened his range.

I honestly believe, as a director, there is no one better right now than Clint Eastwood. :lol:

:lol:

Jesus Gringo, my name isn't Paul Reubens! I should have said "self-imposed ban." I can't stomach going to movies anymore... people won't shut up, the OG sitting behind me finds a need to tell anyeone withing 7 rows of him which females he approves of by saying "I'd hit that," baby's mommas bring in their infants, (and supposedly I live in a decent part of Colorado Springs), everything is overpriced, previews and other commercials take 25 minutes... ugh, it must be Monday or I'm channelling "cincy" again today. :thumbsup:

awwww jeez, penny's got his panties in a wad again.

We went to see Grand Torino yesterday and it was very good. Made me cry(desperately tried to hide that from my wife) in two parts. If you are a little skeptical, like I was, about Eastwood pulling this off, don't be. He does an excellent job as does the rest of the supporting cast. I also was ready to pan this because I thought it had the potential to slip into a Charlie Bronson type of movie. It never lets itself do that. Pretty simple movie. No big budget. Just well written and acted. Go see it!

8.5/10 :lol:

I can't wait to see it. It'll open wide this Friday. Eastwood has become one of the premiere directors lately. I saw Changeling a couple months ago and it was outstanding.

As for your point on Hollywood, yes they do release a lot of crap, but they still make some good things too. I would'nt just abandon the mainstream movies and go strictly to the independent circuit. The big budget movies can still make something good, look at Dark Knight.

I can't wait to see it. It'll open wide this Friday. Eastwood has become one of the premiere directors lately. I saw Changeling a couple months ago and it was outstanding.

As for your point on Hollywood, yes they do release a lot of crap, but they still make some good things too. I would'nt just abandon the mainstream movies and go strictly to the independent circuit. The big budget movies can still make something good, look at Dark Knight.

For sure. But you do have to sift through a lot of crap to get to quality. I also saw The Spirit over the holidays and enjoyed that. Not a classic but had enough enjoyable elements to keep me entertained.

I'd like to see this one as well. Have a feeling it'll be on video though cause the wife won't want to go. :lol:

Speaking of the rare non-crap from Hollywood, one of the best movies I've seen in a long time was Gone Baby Gone. Excellent movie IMO, plus it never hurts not knowing anything about a movie before you see it.

I'd like to see this one as well. Have a feeling it'll be on video though cause the wife won't want to go. :lol:

Speaking of the rare non-crap from Hollywood, one of the best movies I've seen in a long time was Gone Baby Gone. Excellent movie IMO, plus it never hurts not knowing anything about a movie before you see it.

yeah that movie caught me off guard, like most indies I guess. We saw it a while ago. I thought the performance of the mother of the little girl was very good. Checked imdb and its Amy Ryan I think?? Ending a little convoluted but not nearly enough to mar the movie for me.

yeah that movie caught me off guard, like most indies I guess. We saw it a while ago. I thought the performance of the mother of the little girl was very good. Checked imdb and its Amy Ryan I think?? Ending a little convoluted but not nearly enough to mar the movie for me.

Yes, it's Amy Ryan. More recently, she had a stint as Michael's nearly perfect-for-him girlfriend (and Toby's temporary replacement) on The Office.

8.5/10 <_<

Sorry, but I can't take movie advice from a guy that didn't find Anchorman funny. ;)