Serious question for the anti-Kerry crowd

I'll also add that 95% of the people who actually do this stuff are not appointees, and don't have a political stake. They'll be doing it regardless of who gets elected. They are the ones who actually draw up the nuts and bolts of how things get done. We have an administration now that has made some mistakes in a totally uncharted field, and has learned a lot from them. The lessons learned are being implemented every day. Policy doesn't get enacted quickly, or on a whim. It takes months and sometimes years for an action to go from an idea to an active program. and, it needs to be that way to avoid making more mistakes. We're still fleshing out stuff from the Clinton administration. Homeland Defense? An entire military Combat Command was created by this administration to help deal with the problems. Check out www.Northcom.mil.

91786[/snapback]

I can comment of clasified items I would read after 9/11 and the reaction by the administration was not what you would expect it would be. But then again, our intelligence community has not been to accurate, if you know what I mean.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can comment of clasified items I would read after 9/11 and the reaction by the administration was not what you would expect it would be.  But then again, our intelligence community has not been to accurate, if you know what I mean.

91862[/snapback]

At the risk of knowingly taking the bait, I would have to agree. I was actually drawing up transportation plans to get "known" Iraqi WMD consolidated at a destruction site. I think we're doing better at it now.

I can comment of clasified items I would read after 9/11 and the reaction by the administration was not what you would expect it would be.  But then again, our intelligence community has not been to accurate, if you know what I mean.

91862[/snapback]

That can't have anything to do with "Cold War" mentality and the bureaucracy at the planning levels of DOD, right? Politicians aren't supposed to fight wars but are supposed to make decisions based on recommendations from certain entities.

That can't have anything to do with "Cold War" mentality and the bureaucracy at the planning levels of DOD, right?  Politicians aren't supposed to fight wars but are supposed to make decisions based on recommendations from certain entities.

91871[/snapback]

more often it was a case of the left hand having no idea where and what the right hand was doing

Please explain to me why exactly you think Kerry will not fight the war on terror, is a pacifist, and will lay down and let the world stomp all over us. Seriously. Please do not just say that he voted against weapons systems because you are discounting all the times, just as many times, that he voted for or in favor of weapons systems. There have been about four major wars in his adult lifetime. He volunteered to go to Vietnam and fought as a soldier. He was FOR the wars in Bosnia and this last Gulf War (as well as for the military action in Panama, Somalia, Haiti, and even Grenada.) The only time he was against a war it seems was the first Gulf War. That's 3 out of 4 in major military conflicts in his life, as well as most or all of the latest smaller military conflicts. Are you just ignoring this? He has NEVER even intimated that we should get out of Iraq immediately. He has pledged even more troops. He lobbied for ground troops as an option in the Bosnian war for crissakes. He's a hunter. He has always been for war and for being tough, and yet you guys seem to just align him with wimpy or pacifist Democrats of the past for no reason. This guy is for war.

You may hate him, you may think Bush will do a better job, but how, seriously, can anyone say that this guy is not pro military and pro war, or conclude that he is a wimp?

91676[/snapback]

The problem with Kerry when it comes to the war on terrorism, is he feels that the US should act only through the UN and world courts. While he seems to have softened that stance some, sending interpol after OBL is not going to resolve the issue nor is it going to capture him by sending Inspector Cluso (sp????).

He has lobbied for additional troops in Afghanistan, the problem is you can't just send any troops. He doesn't understand the basics of combat in reality. Sending tanks and regular infantry into Afghanistan gets them killed. You need mountain and small units. There are only so many of these guys who are good at it.

Saying he is going to add 40,000 special forces won't work either, unless you lower the standards and training. Again, these guys are not just any army, navy, Af or Marine, these are the best. These guys are like professional athletes with the brains of a surgeon. There probably aren't 10,000 real special forces now. Don't tell me regular airborne are special forces because they aren't.

Kerry also continues to say this was the wroing war for the wrong reason. Sorry you just can't have any credability when you say that and then think it doesn't demoralize the troops. It absolutely does. He isn't a natural leader and his gaffs show that he has a bunch of boobs who are his inner circle. these are the folks that will be his cabinet members. That truely is the scarey thing. The president can only control and do so much, it is the folks around him that have to get the job done. Kerry's folks can't. He chose poorly.

Saying he is going to add 40,000 special forces won't work either, unless you lower the standards and training.  Again, these guys are not just any army, navy, Af or Marine, these are the best.  These guys are like professional athletes with the brains of a surgeon.  There probably aren't 10,000 real special forces now.  Don't tell me regular airborne are special forces because they aren't.

91879[/snapback]

The enlistees who qualified for Special Forces just after 9/11 finished up their training recently. I can't even imagine the infrastructure required to train so many new men.

Promises, promises.

The enlistees who qualified for Special Forces just after 9/11  finished up their training recently.  I can't even imagine the infrastructure required to train so many new men.

Promises, promises.

91883[/snapback]

But that's my point, this shows anyone with real military experience that Kerry doesn't know what he is talking about, and is surrounded by idiots who let him say it. Instead of getting real SFO leaders on his team to help with the speeches. Of course of the ones I know none would support him, so he may have a void in his ability to get the real info.

Let's not forget Tora Bora, gents. US Army Special forces are specifically trained to act as a leadership/advisory cadre for indigenous troops. That's what US Army Special Forces do. That's why an A team is organized the way it is. That is their primary mission.

So why is Kerry talking about "outsourcing" Bin Laden? He's also the one calling for all these Special Forces guys.

I'm confused. My head hurts. He wants to add thousands more of the guys who were doing exactly what they were supposed to do, but what they did was bad?

Let's not forget Tora Bora, gents. US Army Special forces are specifically trained to act as a leadership/advisory cadre for indigenous troops. That's what US Army Special Forces do. That's why an A team is organized the way it is. That is their primary mission.

So why is Kerry talking about "outsourcing" Bin Laden? He's also the one calling for all these Special Forces guys.

I'm confused. My head hurts. He wants to add thousands more of the guys who were doing exactly what they were supposed to do, but what they did was bad?

91888[/snapback]

Let's not forget building alliances to fight the war. Since we did that successfully in Afghanistan and (according to Kerry) it was a failure, why is he preaching for us to do more of it?

Anybody find the missing 360, 380, 400 tons of explosives yet? Who's got the best chance on Survivor?

Hotpockets!

Let's not forget building alliances to fight the war.  Since we did that successfully in Afghanistan and (according to Kerry) it was a failure, why is he preaching for us to do more of it?

Anybody find the missing 360, 380, 400 tons of explosives yet?  Who's got the best chance on Survivor?

Hotpockets!

91893[/snapback]

They were talking with a Major on WTOP just as I was coming home. He said he supervised over 270 tons of that stuff being destroyed. He said some was sent elsewhere but he personally accounted for 270 tons. Looks like the media is lying again.

Let's not forget building alliances to fight the war.  Since we did that successfully in Afghanistan and (according to Kerry) it was a failure, why is he preaching for us to do more of it?

Anybody find the missing 360, 380, 400 tons of explosives yet?  Who's got the best chance on Survivor?

Hotpockets!

91893[/snapback]

I'd love to get about 20 people here in a classroom for about a week. I'd be happy to do it without pay. I taught a lot of this stuff for five years or so.

THIS IS HOW THINGS WORK 101.

I'd put Debbie, LGB, and Westside in the front row. No gum chewing or note passing.

I'd love to get about 20 people here in a classroom for about a week. I'd be happy to do it without pay. I taught a lot of this stuff for five years or so.

THIS IS HOW THINGS WORK 101.

I'd put Debbie, LGB, and Westside in the front row. No gum chewing or note passing.

91899[/snapback]

Can I come?

Yeah, the '380 tons' story died a horrible death. We know some explosives were there on April 18, but we don't know which ones and how much. We also don't know if any of the 'missing' stuff was ever used against our troops and, if so, how in the world anyone could have smuggled it out in that three week span. We do know that our troops were destroying it by the hundreds of tons early in April. But, then, that's not how CNN reports it.......

That can't have anything to do with "Cold War" mentality and the bureaucracy at the planning levels of DOD, right?  Politicians aren't supposed to fight wars but are supposed to make decisions based on recommendations from certain entities.

91871[/snapback]

I'm glad you brought that up. Planning is now totally transformed from concentrating on states and forces to concentrating on threats and capabilities. It's gone from rigid and inflexible to dynamic and adaptive. Probably the most progress made in that arena in the last 50 years has been made in the last 3. Rummy is driving us nuts, but he's right.

Can I come?

Yeah, the '380 tons' story died a horrible death.  We know some explosives were there on April 18, but we don't know which ones and how much.  We also don't know if any of the 'missing' stuff was ever used against our troops and, if so, how in the world anyone could have smuggled it out in that three week span.  We do know that our troops were destroying it by the hundreds of tons early in April.  But, then, that's not how CNN reports it.......

91903[/snapback]

You'd be most welcome.

(What?  I just wanna pad my GPA...)

So you're saying I should cancel my plans to put a shiny apple on teacher's desk?

91909[/snapback]

You're good for at least a B plus. Bring a couple of Victoria Secrets models and we'll talk an A.

A$sholes.