Straight out of that Alanis Morissette song

BLZFAN4LIFE

:sick:

There's a comedian who talks about that song, and the misuse of the word, too.

It isn't "ironic", it's "fuc#ed up".

LOL - I've been saying "a bug in a glass of wine isn't irony" since that song came out.

LOL - I've been saying "a bug in a glass of wine isn't irony" since that song came out.

Now... I am not trying to attract Crayonz and the other litany of "Canadian Hosers." But:

“Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs.”

So... It is not just "wine" but Chardonnay... Chardonnay drinkers obviuosly don't expect a "black fly" (BTW, how Canadian can that bug get!) in their "Chardonnay."

Say it with me: "Chardon-NAY."

Do you pick up the social conotation about wine vs. Chardonnay? IMO, I hope AM is implying that Chardonnay drinkers are not some wino on Grape and Best sipping Thunderbird... It is "Chardon-NAY"... :sick::w00t:

I do think she (AM) should have used the word moronic.

Now... I am not trying to attract Crayonz and the other litany of "Canadian Hosers." But:

So... It is not just "wine" but Chardonnay... Chardonnay drinkers obviuosly don't expect a "black fly" (BTW, how Canadian can that bug get!) in their "Chardonnay."

Do you pick up the social conotation about wine vs. Chardonnay? IMO, I hope AM is implying that Chardonnay drinkers are not some wino on Grape and Best sipping Thunderbird... It is "Chardon-NAY"... :sick::w00t:

Is that you Alanis?

I think we can all agreee that the video itself, shot in July, is not ironic because it depicts a Canadian with 4 dimwitted personalities driving through the snow and cold.

I think the irony of the video is that it is not ironic because you expect the video to be ironic because it is about irony.