How great would it have been to have a player like Ray Lewis?

VOR

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone else annoyed by the praise lenoard was recieving in todays game?

No, because Bills fans would rather lose with character. We had to keep KO and a midget safety that make plays, sometimes, way past the first down line. Can't believe DW fell all the way to the eighth slot !!! NOPE, no place for Leonhard around here... besides I heard he got a speeding ticket, when he was seventeen ---- thank GOD we got him outta here

No, because Bills fans would rather lose with character. We had to keep KO and a midget safety that make plays, sometimes, way past the first down line. Can't believe DW fell all the way to the eighth slot !!! NOPE, no place for Leonhard around here... besides I heard he got a speeding ticket, when he was seventeen ---- thank GOD we got him outta here

A bit bitter?

The Bills had a great player like Ray Lewis (but not as obnoxious, when he played), and now it seems most of the fans want his name removed from The Wall of Fame.

OJ's double murder was more heavily publicized...didnt you know that that makes it worse? Most people don't remember Ray killing those guys so it's alright.

A bit bitter?

Oh no not at all. when you are at least eight players away from being a contender ( 3 OL. 2-3 DL. TE. 2 LB 1-2 safeties) and seeing ANY forums where we talk about losing with character. Been a fan since 1965 (5 years old) and would like to think the Bills will win one championship before I leave this world. Further, I am not bitter that so many times throughout the year when there are posts criticizing the team. the arrogant posters have the great comeback of... WE'RE DOOMED !! ......... Brilliant, ...but no not bitter. Would just like to cry for joy the way I did when the only other team I have rooted for since I was a little guy won a World championship.. the Anaheim Angels.

I would much rather have a really well-mannered, high character guy like Poz racking up those tackles 8 yards down field than a scurrilous cad rudely interrupting a running backs groove. And we have TONS of high-character guys. Just fricken TONS of them.

I'm pretty sure if anyone is looking for a team of degenerates, the Raiders, Bengals, Cowboys, any number of teams would be glad to accept new fans. I understand we all want the same thing here, a winning team, but do we have to sell our souls to do it?

I'm pretty sure if anyone is looking for a team of degenerates, the Raiders, Bengals, Cowboys, any number of teams would be glad to accept new fans. I understand we all want the same thing here, a winning team, but do we have to sell our souls to do it?

Some here think a player HAS to be of bad character to be good.

I'm aware that there are way too many degenerates in the NFL to even keep track of, but what makes the Raiders so bad? Nobody really sticks out in my mind.

The original post said " .. to have a player like Ray Lewis?". The point is this ridiculous notion that character is such a big priority on this team. what a joke. I would venture that this team doesn't have any more "character " guys than most other teams. It's a flawed argument to say that we would be selling our souls to have a high caliber team. Jim Leonhard is a high character guy and Ko Simpson is not. One is on a team that wants to win and the other is on a team that is continually trying to 'figure' out what to do. the Bills have had plenty of renegades and lawbreakers, so don't kid yourself that they care more about character than other teams do (except the Raiders, Cowboys, and Bengals.... which last time I checked do not employ Ray Lewis).

I'm aware that there are way too many degenerates in the NFL to even keep track of, but what makes the Raiders so bad? Nobody really sticks out in my mind.

I may be wrong about them now, I guess it's the reputation I'm thinking of.

The original post said " .. to have a player like Ray Lewis?". The point is this ridiculous notion that character is such a big priority on this team. what a joke. I would venture that this team doesn't have any more "character " guys than most other teams. It's a flawed argument to say that we would be selling our souls to have a high caliber team. Jim Leonhard is a high character guy and Ko Simpson is not. One is on a team that wants to win and the other is on a team that is continually trying to 'figure' out what to do. the Bills have had plenty of renegades and lawbreakers, so don't kid yourself that they care more about character than other teams do (except the Raiders, Cowboys, and Bengals.... which last time I checked do not employ Ray Lewis).

In an earlier post I also said that this team is well on it's way to having the same issues as the other teams, so I guess we will see soon enough if character plays much of a role or if it's something more skilled, like our scouting and grading of these players.