ed hochuli graded best ref again this season...

Fezmid

How bad does the officiating have to be for a ref who blows a game is still graded #1...

(this was mentioned during the Dolphins/Ravens game)

Looks like he botched that delay of game no call by a good second.

How bad does the officiating have to be for a ref who blows a game is still graded #1...

(this was mentioned during the Dolphins/Ravens game)

he is one of if not the best head ref's in the NFL that happened to make a bad call...it happens but more often then not he makes the correct call

i'll take his crew over the crew that was in San Diego last night any day

Looks like he botched that delay of game no call by a good second.

That's the back judge's responsibility, not the referee's.

And yes, despite his egregious error in the SD-DEN game, Hochuli is one of the best.

Agree, last night's refs ruined the flow of that game for me as a viewer. I can only imagine what it was like for the players.

Regarding the refs...anyone else surprised at Madden's response to those late calls? To me several appeared ticky tack, but Madden felt differently. One defensive holding call looked phantom to me and I didn't think the face mask call was warranted. Madden was firmly behind the calls so much that to me it seemed he was pulling for a SD win. Maybe the old AFL biases came out.

I have to agree the refs last night took over the game wayyy too much. My buddy is a colts fan I can only imagine how POed he is with the overtime calls. I mean, how could those refs make those calls in all good conscience? How do you make those drive extending calls in overtime? Even though I didn't really care who won between those two teams I just felt sick for Dungy and Peyton not being to do anything about it and having to end the season, possibly career (Dungy?) with calls like that

Very iffy reffing

That's the back judge's responsibility, not the referee's.

And yes, despite his egregious error in the SD-DEN game, Hochuli is one of the best.

Agreed. He made a horrible call (and he admitted it with an apology), but he's still probably the best ref in the league.

That said, the Den-SD call wasn't his only blown one and his crew was still rated #1.

I know the Chargers/Broncos call was horrible and no one will forget it anytime soon. But Ed is one of the best refs. He's the only ref I recognize and I love him. I always knew a game would be called well when the "big guy with the tight shirt" was reffing.

Other than "the call" he's always been great. And he knew he screwed up, he admitted it, apologozed for it and all. He's only human. Maybe the owners/league are to blame for making unreversable rules like that.

You only see what the media wants you to see and thats blown calls by the refs, they rarely show the good calls by them as well. Ed Hochuli is one of the best refs in the game.......They all make bad calls...

You also don't see all the calls they miss. Basically they're being graded on the calls they do make, while the ones they miss are totally ignored.