Bills can have tons of cap room for free agents with only a few moves

Chuckknox

1. A very good back QB that can compete with the gloved one asap

2. A great possession rec (or tight end) to complement Josh Reed

3. A few defensive ends

They must part ways with a few long time players to change the locker room attitude again (and clear some $$ )

3. A few defensive ends

They must part ways with a few long time players to change the locker room attitude again (and clear some $$ )

we already have a bunch of cap room, but i get what youre saying.

id add a Center to that list. I still say that it is the most important position on the line. People wanted to argue that it is LT, but we have a probowl LT. i would bet that the line would be better with a probowl Center and an "ok" LT.

who are these long time players that you hint at?

Schobel Kelsay Denney lose them . There that should give us a little cap room. A fresh start with new DEs could not be any worse. Two new DE`s (sorry no more high motor W boys) . One #2 W.R., upgrade at Te. New outside backer or move Poz outside and Draft or pick-up a new MLB. Not Too much to ask.

all this focus on Defense in this thread. that unit wasnt our problem this year. yes, DE is DEFINITELY a priority, OLB a lesser one. I would put Center and TE above LB though.

i think a focus on the lines on both sides of the ball would do A LOT for this team. so much so that it would make changes/additions to our WRs/LBs almost unnecessary.

I gotz 3 words for you regarding the Bills and Free agency... "CASH TO CAP". That's code for "we ain't spendin schitt"... and if we do, we're going grade B and C... that's our "A" list.

Don't worry... the Bills front office will be stirring up a fresh batch of Koolaid by March. This year, they will probably hand out free cups too.

It became very obvious watching the games yesterday that the Bills need Ends that can consistantly get pressure on the QB. Bert Berry was unreal yesterday and easily the MVP of that game. Then watching the Colts and seeing what Freeney and Mathis do to the QB on every single play. Now, if you have any of the Bills games on DVR watch Kelsey and Denney, its very sad. Small D Ends rule the NFL and we have two big dopes who cant get out their stance let alone off of a block!

I'd like to see the Bills get a TE with some upside. I know that the Bills like Fine but he is limited by his size and athleticism. Grescham looks to be the real deal to me. But there are some really talented guys comin out this year like Pettigrew and Coffman who I'd take as well. Don't forget about Travis Beckam out of Wisconsin. He is not very big but he is a matchup nightmare like Clark and as athletic as Winslow.

Our center situation is bad but we have shown the ability to run the ball this year and both RBs averaged over 4 YPC. Plus, journeymen centers are like 2nd basemen in baseball, there is always one out there.

I gotz 3 words for you regarding the Bills and Free agency... "CASH TO CAP". That's code for "we ain't spendin schitt"... and if we do, we're going grade B and C... that's our "A" list.

Don't worry... the Bills front office will be stirring up a fresh batch of Koolaid by March. This year, they will probably hand out free cups too.

Weren't they doing cash to cap when they signed Dockery, etc.? Not like it matters, we should be looking at middle level guys to fill holes and try to find our impact players through the draft. That's how the Steelers, Pats, and Colts do it...you know, those guys who make the playoffs year in and year out...

3. A few defensive ends

1. Why the "gloved one" reference? It seems to me that TE will never get a fair shake in this town because he replaced Trash boy. How many games did Braniac win in his absence?

2. Great--we are talking about a complimentary receiver to our #2 who averages under 10 yard a game. Nothing against Reed. He's excellent in his role but c'mon...

3. A "few?" I didn't realize we can just pluck these guys off trees.

Also--I also don't understand the hate towards Denney. At least he made plays.

Kelsay is the useless overpaid one.

Our needs by priority:

1. A big run-stuffing MLB so we can move Poz outside. Poz is a good blitzer and needs room to roam. Would make a huge difference. I don't think Crowell would be the answer, but I would still resign him as he is a good player and somewhat of a playmaker. I was a big supporter of Ellison, but after a somewhat stellar rookie season, he has has shown virtually nothing.

2. A center-we need to sign one in free agency to start NOW and draft one in the middle rounds for the future.

3. DE-Schoebel is done, is a feather weight, and basically before he was hurt, he stunk anyway.

Kelsay needs to disappear. He does a lot more talking than producing. Never seen a more non-productive player who has so much to say.

4. TE-Personally, I think the Schouman/Fine tandem will be just ...ahh fine. Both have good hands, and Fine seems to find seams in the defense to get open. I would sign one in FA--not the draft unless a player fell to us.

5. DT- Yes, this is an ongoing theme. Marcus Stroud has sadly regressed to an average starter who shows flashes at times. Kyle Williams, to me, is solid. John McCargo needs a life changing epiphany.

6. WR-Another ongoing theme mostly because Roscoe can't catch. Too bad. Too early to tell, but I don't think Hardy is aggressive enough to play in this league. He needs to take some of that domestic hostility out onto the field. Maybe he should imagine every DB in his mind is his step-father holding a gun. I expect to see Steve Johnson make strides next year. Hopefully, Turk can work him into the offense.

7. Back-up QB-we didn't have one this year, so lets get a veteran who holds onto the ball when common sense becomes paramount. Actually, this priority should be switched with TE.

8. I would resign Greer and move McGee to FS. McGee was built to play safety--very fast, great instincts with a nose for the ball, and a good aggressive tackler...everything Mr. "I'm won't be worth millions next year because my ass got cut" isn't. But if that doesn't work out, we should probably draft a FS in the mid rounds anyway.

9. FB-That guy we have now can't catch, can't run and basically is a waste of a roster spot.

all this focus on Defense in this thread. that unit wasnt our problem this year. yes, DE is DEFINITELY a priority, OLB a lesser one. I would put Center and TE above LB though.

i think a focus on the lines on both sides of the ball would do A LOT for this team. so much so that it would make changes/additions to our WRs/LBs almost unnecessary.

of course the D was our problem. so was the O. Denver and every other good team marched thru us in easy fashion.No passrush=defensive woes.Doesn't matter if you have Ronny lott and Rod woodson playing DB for you.

On offense we need a new coach, a center and a TE.

Our needs by priority:

1. A big run-stuffing MLB so we can move Poz outside. Poz is a good blitzer and needs room to roam. Would make a huge difference. I don't think Crowell would be the answer, but I would still resign him as he is a good player and somewhat of a playmaker. I was a big supporter of Ellison, but after a somewhat stellar rookie season, he has has shown virtually nothing.

What about Crowell and Digorgio. We are fine at LB if Crowell is healthy!

What about Crowell and Digorgio. We are fine at LB if Crowell is healthy!

ummm....no. Crowell is not a legitimate MLB. He is best suited as a weak sided LB but that is where POZ should go. We need a tackling beast who can SHED blockers--something Buffalo linebacker don't seem to have.

Saying that, I would still like Crowell on my team.

Pizzaman is a fine sub...nothing more.

The starting QB position should be addressed in the draft. After watching #5 butcher the season after the Cards game, it seems pretty obvious that he doesn't have the leadership, mental or physical ability to run this team. The coaches didn't do much to help him but TE showed his true colors.

D-Line or LB should be the first things addressed when Free Agency begins if Ralph decides to open up the wallet and change the attitude of this team. Bring in some shady guys if they have to, ex-cons, anything, as long as this soft mentality changes and they start playing with passion.

The starting QB position should be addressed in the draft. After watching #5 butcher the season after the Cards game, it seems pretty obvious that he doesn't have the leadership, mental or physical ability to run this team. The coaches didn't do much to help him but TE showed his true colors.

D-Line or LB should be the first things addressed when Free Agency begins if Ralph decides to open up the wallet and change the attitude of this team. Bring in some shady guys if they have to, ex-cons, anything, as long as this soft mentality changes and they start playing with passion.

But I thought it was cause of his concussion?

But I thought it was cause of his concussion?

TE, IMO, does not have the tools to be a starting QB on a weekly basis in this league. I like the guy and hope he does well but watching him week in and week out, he frustrates me. I just don't think he can handle the rigours of being an NFL quarterback. I still think the coaches tie his hands too much but after the hit in Arizona, he was coddled even more. If he had the balls to play QB, he would have been able to change some of the calls that came in from the sidelines. Sorry to say but TE isn't the future QB of this team if they WANT to win. (which is another discussion all together)

I think he has the tools, just not the staff nor talent.....yeah Lynch is good and so is Evans, but play calling has been poor. Every good QB has a good TE to throw the ball to, he dont. We have one legit deep threat at WR most teams have 3.

I think Trent has the tools, just not the parts to helping him be good........

I don't think DE is the biggest priority, Center and TE over both DE and LB. If the offence ever becomes somewhat of a consistent threat to score, you will see the defence improve as they will be able to be more aggressive and take some chances because they won't have to worry about playing perfect cause they know the offence can't get those points back