Wow! How Bad Has Hollywood Sunk?

Dante

May have watched the 3 worst movies made this year in the last couple days. Courtesy of my son.

Anchorman: Ron Burgundy Story

Love Guru

The Comebacks

Nothing more has to be typed. As bad as it gets really.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May have watched the 3 worst movies made this year in the last couple days. Courtesy of my son.

Love Guru

The Comebacks

Well at least the Sharks won again tonight. :D

We went to the video store to rent a couple of movies for New Years....there was literaly NOTHING I wanted to watch off all the newer releases (we did rent Batman a couple weeks ago which I liked). We ended up w/Indiana Jones...not good.

The only movie I enjoyed was watching Something About Mary, which was a free rental.

Movies suck these days!

Love Guru

The Comebacks

Anchorman was made several years ago, before Steve Carrel started doing The Office. I thought it was a very funny movie.

People who say they didn't like Anchorman are just stuck up and too afraid to admit that immature humor can still be hilarious.

Ron Burgundy: Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.

Veronica Corningstone: No, there's no way that's correct.

Ron Burgundy: I'm sorry, I was trying to impress you. I don't know what it means. I'll be honest, I don't think anyone knows what it means anymore. Scholars maintain that the translation was lost hundreds of years ago.

Veronica Corningstone: Doesn't it mean Saint Diego?

Ron Burgundy: No. No.

Veronica Corningstone: No, that's - that's what it means. Really.

Ron Burgundy: Agree to disagree.

:D

I am by no means a "stuck up snob". I enjoy the humor of the Jackass series and quote Beavis and Butthead weekly - but two of the WORST movies I have ever seen that were hyped as "SUPER DUPER HILARIOUS":

Anchorman (literally turned it off about 1 hour in)

Wedding Crashers (fell asleep)

I am by no means a "stuck up snob". I enjoy the humor of the Jackass series and quote Beavis and Butthead weekly - but two of the WORST movies I have ever seen that were hyped as "SUPER DUPER HILARIOUS":

Wedding Crashers was only alright. It turned into a chick flick half way through.

I will take your mother, Dorothy, out to a nice seafood dinner and then NEVER call her again.

DOROTHY MANTOOTH IS A SAINT!

People who say they didn't like Anchorman are just stuck up and too afraid to admit that immature humor can still be hilarious.

Spot on.

You guys who only watch mainstream films need to quit yer bitchin' and put in a little time checking out the indy scene. Having a marketing budget and/or big stars does not necessarily equate to entertaining movies. It's like someone who listens to only top 40 music stations complaining that there's no good music to listen to.

That being said, Anchorman RULES!

PS. For those of you who haven't seen Band of Brothers, Amazon has the entire series on blu-ray for like $30. I'm on episode 8 (of 10) and it's very, very good.

You guys who only watch mainstream films need to quit yer bitchin' and put in a little time checking out the indy scene. Having a marketing budget and/or big stars does not necessarily equate to entertaining movies. It's like someone who listens to only top 40 music stations complaining that there's no good music to listen to.

That being said, Anchorman RULES!

PS. For those of you who haven't seen Band of Brothers, Amazon has the entire series on blu-ray for like $30. I'm on episode 8 (of 10) and it's very, very good.

Only 4 days into 2009, we have a front runner for analogy of the year.

How can you maintain a decent opinion of movies if you don't finish them? If you want good movies check out any top movie list ever. I'm sure there will be a few that you might even be able to finish. Check imdb.com Top 250 list, all good movies.

Only 4 days into 2009, we have a front runner for analogy of the year.

It's an analogy I've lived, lol. Several years ago, anyone who saw my CD collection would find a bunch of mainstream artists that everyone and their mother knew about. Fast forward to today and I've got all sorts of stuff that you'll never hear on the Ryan Seacrest show. I've grown to love music in a way I never have before, too, cause I don't feel as if a playlist is being dictated to me anymore. It was my own fault, but when you only focus on pop music, you're much less likely to find great stuff that really appeals to who you are and what you like. The same holds true of movies. I give Netflix a ton of credit because they not only carry just about every title on earth, they also do a great job of making the site interactive where they can help expose you to the broadest range of film possible. It's terrific software, and it's one of the most valuable tools I have to keep my viewing list full of really interesting stuff.

I also give a LOT of credit to the many TBD'ers who participate in music threads. I don't know of any other forum where its members have such amazing and diverse taste in music. A few guys, SDS, Madcap, and Fez, took the time to actually send me stuff in the mail to help me in my cause. There are a few really great music threads from years past on here with a ton of great ideas for expanding your horizons. I've really benefitted from those!