Lawyer Milloy

CJPearl2

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is...Lawyer Milloy was on a team that went 11-5 and made the playoffs. So did Bob Sanders.

Where are our Safeties? Although they are "Worth millions..." they don't seem to be very good.

I love Sanders, but there's one and only one reason the Colts went 12-4, and the initials are P and M.

20/20 hindsight is easy, but at the time he looked like a paycheck collector who simply couldn't cover *anyone*. He has proven he can still play, however -- I'll grant you that. But at the time, I thought that D needed housecleaning. There were some older guys -- Adams (whose 2005 season was unbelievably bad), Vincent, and Milloy -- who didn't seem invested in either the team or Buffalo. Looking back, it may have made sense to keep Milloy, but at the time it didn't look that way.

Vincent was worthless from the start and Adams openly clashed with management, so agreed there. Milloy had no such issues. There's a reason he has started in the league for so long and that someone will inevitably sign him this offseason to start for them at the age of 36.

Ultimately, the Bills' brass had their sights set on Whitner for a long time, which is why they cut Milloy in the offseason, why they passed on Ngata in the draft, and why they cowered in fear and didn't accept a lucrative offer to trade down.

They placed a big bet on Donte Whitner and they failed. I'd love to see Donte turn it around and won't say it's impossible -- but sadly, he seems destined for mediocrity. :sick:

Vincent was worthless from the start and Adams openly clashed with management, so agreed there. Milloy had no such issues. There's a reason he has started in the league for so long and that someone will inevitably sign him this offseason to start for them at the age of 36.

Ultimately, the Bills' brass had their sights set on Whitner for a long time, which is why they cut Milloy in the offseason, why they passed on Ngata in the draft, and why they cowered in fear and didn't accept a lucrative offer to trade down.

They placed a big bet on Donte Whitner and they failed. I'd love to see Donte turn it around and won't say it's impossible -- but sadly, he seems destined for mediocrity. :w00t:

Agreed. Of course, I hope Donte has a breakout season next year. I'm assuming you do as well. :sick: