so how many of our horrible castoffs are enjoying

jester43

You want to go coaches? Gilbride, LeBeau, Dan Henning and James Saxon in MIA, Fred Graves in TEN, Charlie Joiner in SD, Big Red (Pete Metzelaars) with the Colts ...

You don't really want to know all the playoff coaches out there with Buffalo ties, do you? It will just depress you. Trust me.

Speaking of Colts, Bill Polian anybody? AJ Smith and much of the Bills old scouting department in San Diego.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhhh... They're in the playoffs, yet shouldn't be in the NFL? That's the fan mentality for you I guess. :worthy:

i never said they shouldnt be in the NFL at all, just not starting.

i always said, and still maintain, that a team will NOT win with Wire starting in the backfield. we never did and Atlanta is learning that lesson as well. he is a great ST guy and id have him on my team if there was room.

Milloy admits himself that he is old and has lost a step. he can not cover on the deep ball. even when he is in position, he cant make a play.

again, go back to my original statement, they should not be starting.

i always said, and still maintain, that a team will NOT win with Wire starting in the backfield. we never did and Atlanta is learning that lesson as well. he is a great ST guy and id have him on my team if there was room.

Milloy admits himself that he is old and lost a step. he can not cover on the deep ball. even when he is in position, he cant make a play.

again, go back to my original statement, they should not be starting.

And yet their team is winning a playoff game, whereas our team can't even get to the playoffs.

Speaking of Colts, Bill Polian anybody? AJ Smith and much of the Bills old scouting department in San Diego.

I thought about segueing into that, but depressed myself ...

And yet their team is winning a playoff game, whereas our team can't even get to the playoffs.

no thanks to them. your argument doesnt support your premise.

atlanta plays in a different division, in a different conference. our safeties werent our problem, the offense was.

do you think if we had:

lawyer milloy

coy wire

mike gandy

pat williams

antoine winfield

justin bannan

willis mcgahee (ugh)

jim leonhard

josh stamer

jon dorenbos

jason jefferson

mike schneck

mularkey

gilbride

lebau

that we WOULD be in the playoffs?

edit: ok maybe if we had that whole list. but are you saying that if we had Milloy and Wire at Safety we would be an 11-5 playoff team?

Uhhh... They're in the playoffs, yet shouldn't be in the NFL? That's the fan mentality for you I guess. :worthy:

Most of these guys looked like bums, or near bums, with the Bills and, with the few obvious exceptions, were replaced by better players. Why do these bums better elsewhere? Coaching, system/scheme and the players surrounding them, for starters.

But, some here need to keep that in mind when evaluating current players, complaining about why the Bills didn't go after a certain players, etc.

no thanks to them. your argument doesnt support your premise.

atlanta plays in a different division, in a different conference. our safeties werent our problem, the offense was.

do you think if we had:

lawyer milloy

coy wire

mike gandy

pat williams

antoine winfield

justin bannan

willis mcgahee (ugh)

jim leonhard

josh stamer

jon dorenbos

jason jefferson

mike schneck

mularkey

gilbride

lebau

that we WOULD be in the playoffs?

edit: ok maybe if we had that whole list. but are you saying that if we had Milloy and Wire at Safety we would be an 11-5 playoff team?

Forget the coaches for a minute. On that list, only Winfield and Pat Williams represent an upgrade over the player the Bills acquired to replace them.

Forget the coaches for a minute. On that list, only Winfield and Pat Williams represent an upgrade over the player the Bills acquired to replace them.

I'd argue that Dorenbos would be an upgrade.

Pretty good showing by the Falcon offense in the first half. Can anyone remember the last time a rookie QB looked as good as Matt Ryan?

And the announcers also said what a great job MuckARKY was doing coaching the rookie QB

:worthy:

Umm, ok. I never saw Dorenbos miss a long snap. I've seen our current guy make bad snaps.

That was easy.... :worthy:

Dorenbos was the reason that Lindell had a less than stellar year a few seasons ago. His snaps were all over the place, not so much wild, but inconsistent. so much so that the Bills brought in Schneck who was a HUGE upgrade himself at long snap. i remember watching Morrman did an interview about holding and how just a little inconsistency can botch up a season's worth of kicks. that was right after we brought in Schneck and Lindell returned to form.

Umm, ok. I never saw Dorenbos miss a long snap. I've seen our current guy make bad snaps.

That was easy.... :worthy:

OK, if you say so. I know many weren't happy with Dorenbos as a LS. I don't think Neil is all that special, either (but at least he has seen the field as a DT when the injury s#it hit the fan, last year). I think letting Schenk (sp?) go was a mistake, though.