Shanahan taking a year off

He shouldnt have had another season to turn it around, but thats a moot point now. :cry:

in any event, I dont feel that in 2010, the Bills will fit into that "perfect situation" that Shanahan will be looking for, considering the uncertainty of Ralph's longevity, which is tied to ownership of the team, as well as the location of the team potentially up in the air after Ralph passes.

He shouldnt have had another season to turn it around, but thats a moot point now. :cry:

in any event, I dont feel that in 2010, the Bills will fit into that "perfect situation" that Shanahan will be looking for, considering the uncertainty of Ralph's longevity, which is tied to ownership of the team, as well as the location of the team potentially up in the air after Ralph passes.

Well, the "perfect situation" would have to happen for 2009. Shanahan said that he'll take a year off unless a perfect situation came up for him to coach next year.

But on the other hand if Ralph turns wise and decides to do the right thing and sell it himself before he passes then Buffalo could then be a "perfect situation".

I think some of his "perfect situation" is going to be the roster. Not just what playmakers/QB they may have, but the Oline. Shanahan needs so mobile lineman to run his O, and it wont really work if he doesnt have them. Our big slow O line would look terrible trying to run some of those schemes. I dont think he will want to overhaul the O line.

But on the other hand if Ralph turns wise and decides to do the right thing and sell it himself before he passes then Buffalo could then be a "perfect situation".

Ralph Wilson has demonstrated a penchant for not paying coaches or general managers over the past half century. There is no obligation for him to pay them good money, and Shanahan isn't going to go anywhere for less than 4M per. Having said that, Jauron will fail in 2009 and we'll be looking for a new coach in 2010. Unfortunately, RW's insistence on not having a football GM along with his meddling will almost always produce the same result: inept front office leadership and poor coaching.

Well, the "perfect situation" would have to happen for 2009. Shanahan said that he'll take a year off unless a perfect situation came up for him to coach next year.

Don't blame Shanahan. Wouldn't want to walk into the situations in Detroit, Cleveland or New York.

Don't blame Shanahan. Wouldn't want to walk into the situations in Detroit, Cleveland or New York.

That's exactly why he's probably taking a year off. Who knows what he's looking for, but I think if he had control of a roster with enough talent, that team would be in great shape.

Detroit is an awesome job. The owner doesn't interfere a ton, doesn't fire anyone, and a 5-11 season would draw mucho praise. Cleveland isn't too bad either because they have some players and an OL to work with. NY maybe not so much with the Favre drama and their cap future.

Guest dog14787
Sounds like he's angling to coach the Bills if you ask me :P

I'd love him here, great offensive mind, great game/time management and makes few in-game mistakes. Let's hope Jauron gets canned next offseason and Shanny is brought here.

I want next season to go well, but If it doesn't Shanahan would be a perfect fit, to bad we couldn't coax Shanny into taking over at the OC position in the meantime.

Wouldn't that be sweet :worthy:

and Shonert gets demoted.

Guest dog14787
there are already reports that he'll be going to the cowboys in 2010...

What makes you think Shananhan wants to join the circus, besides lots of money that is. :worthy:

What makes you think Shananhan wants to join the circus, besides lots of money that is. :worthy:

because he loves romo. because of all the money (even though he's guaranteed about $7mil/year no matter what i think Jones pays him more). because Owens will be gone then.

Guest dog14787
because he loves romo. because of all the money (even though he's guaranteed about $7mil/year no matter what i think Jones pays him more). because Owens will be gone then.

Are you saying Romo is a Homo and Shanny wants his fanny. :worthy:

there are already reports that he'll be going to the cowboys in 2010...

That's because Jerruh is too arrogant to admit he made a mistake in saying his coaches were safe, before his team laid an egg against the Eagles and were knocked out of the playoffs.

Ralph Wilson has demonstrated a penchant for not paying coaches or general managers over the past half century. There is no obligation for him to pay them good money, and Shanahan isn't going to go anywhere for less than 4M per. Having said that, Jauron will fail in 2009 and we'll be looking for a new coach in 2010. Unfortunately, RW's insistence on not having a football GM along with his meddling will almost always produce the same result: inept front office leadership and poor coaching.

I think that you missed the point of my post...in my situation, Ralph is no longer the owner.