Playoff tickets sales are strange

RLflutie7

I've noticed some posts about tickets sales and I wanted to post some things about how ticket sales go for the playoffs. When I was a ticket broker in Phoenix playoffs sales were always weak sellers.

1. Most of the time, in every sport, the first round of the playoffs is always weak. NBA, NHL and now the NFL, it's always weak. Season ticket holders don't seem to buy playoff tickets. That seems to be a fact of life. But it makes no sense. If you have already supported the team the whole season, I can't see why you wouldn't support them in the playoffs.

2. Teams put the whole playoff package on an invoice, all three games or series, and ask the season ticket holder to buy them. Then if the team loses in the first game or series you can't get a refund because they want to roll over the balance into the next season. I don't know if every team does that, but they probably do. I bought playoff tickets for the Phoenix Coyotes and they wouldn't refund the money. They wanted to roll it over.

3. The price of playoff tickets is just nuts and they do it at the wrong time of year. Right after Christmas. Even hockey and the NBA. They come at summer time and people spend money on other things during the summer. Things like boating etc etc.

4. The blackout makes a huge difference. If a game is close to being sold out, it will be a a"walkup sellout" because of the blackout. If they didn't have the blackout, there's no chance for a sellout. A walkup sellout is a ticket scalpers best friend but I never understood why people would pay more when it sells out, rather than buying them earlier in the week.

5. Actually, I think season ticket holders should get a bigger discount for playoff tickets, rather than jacking the price up.