Leinart

I can agree with part of what you say, but not the whole enchilada. I think good coaches should fit their scheme to the talent on hand, and not try to make a square peg fit into a round hole, for the sake of the scheme (if possible).

But, to make no assessment of a player's strengths and capabilities, and to acquire players whether or not they fit what the team does (offensively or defensively) is absurd.

Big. Strong. Fast. Those are the only criteria that matter. The rest is just overthinking.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the only two worth considering (meaning could have reasonably been picked at 8 and I would rather have) are Cutler and Ngata. I think JP still had too much upside and the team too many weakspots at that time to make the Cutler move, but if we are going to talk about a QB it has to be the guy breaking Elway records (who was my top QB choice along with a lot of others at the time), and not the noodle armed pretty boy who has never seen snow.

But we need to move on from this pick. If we could have we would have taken Huff and that would have been worse. Whitner is a solid football player who doesn't do well when compared to Polamalu or Sanders, but is not our weak point. More impact at 8 would have been great, but I'm past it and there are other picks I'm less happy about. Right now I'm more concerned with our 2009 draft though...