Fate of the Union

The Big Cat

Hey everybody-

My roommate and I have been putting together a weekly podcast each week for the past month. It's great fun, and the people I know who listen seem to enjoy it greatly. I've managed to mention the Bills in EVERY episode so far, and even talked a bit about TBD during episode 2.

We do a (not-so-brief) NFL Year-End Review in Episode 4 that y'all might enjoy.

But since we're new, and since we want to promote it as much as possible (hope this isn't in violation of board rules), and since I would appreciate the feedback all you guys would offer (as kind or as harsh as it might be), I encourage you to check it out:

Identity concealment be damned (I was going to offer it here under another TBD name, but then realized I reveal enough information that some of you would be able to figure which poster's voice you were hearing anyways!):

Fate of the Union (or you can download it through iTunes by searching "Fate of the Union")

**The episodes have gotten increasingly better, so if you do check it out, I encourage you to work you way BACKWARD (starting with Episode 4)!

OK, the podbean worked (w/o registration) when I used IE.

Listened to about 4 minutes or so, and stopped because there was no content and I don't have that much time/interest to just let people blather. If there is actual content, I'd recommend getting to it more quickly.

The presentation, OTOH was good, I thought. You guys have a nice rapport and sound good and relaxed.

I'm not sure who your audience is, and find it hard to believe that many people would want to listen to 2 guys talk about nothing for an hour...but, morning radio talk suggests that some people are entertained by that. I guess it isn't for me, but may be interesting to others.

BTW "trail magic"...isn't that when other hikers/campers leave some psilocybin mushrooms behind, for others to enjoy? :lol:

OK, the podbean worked (w/o registration) when I used IE.

Listened to about 4 minutes or so, and stopped because there was no content and I don't have that much time/interest to just let people blather. If there is actual content, I'd recommend getting to it more quickly.

The presentation, OTOH was good, I thought. You guys have a nice rapport and sound good and relaxed.

I'm not sure who your audience is, and find it hard to believe that many people would want to listen to 2 guys talk about nothing for an hour...but, morning radio talk suggests that some people are entertained by that. I guess it isn't for me, but may be interesting to others.

BTW "trail magic"...isn't that when other hikers/campers leave some psilocybin mushrooms behind, for others to enjoy? :lol:

Fair enough- episode 4 does start out slowly- a legitimate concern of mine. Like I said, we're still new! Episode 5 records tomorrow publishes on Wednesday! :thumbsup:

Checked out the first episode today. Not bad at all. A lot worse crap on the radio. Internet is fantastic for just something like this. Even though I don't agree with some of the political stuff I like the fact you guys can get your stuff out there and say exactly what you want.

Checked out the first episode today. Not bad at all. A lot worse crap on the radio. Internet is fantastic for just something like this. Even though I don't agree with some of the political stuff I like the fact you guys can get your stuff out there and say exactly what you want.

Thanks, Dante!

(tell your friends!) :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if many of you caught Joe DeLamielleure on HBO's Real Sports last week, but we had him our show Bills Fan Radio last week as well. My favorite quote he said: “I blame Gene Upshaw that this issue has taken so long to be brought to headlines. I don’t know anyone but who’s been employed by him and the union that says a good word about him. When the owners come out and say Gene was a great union leader, that doesn’t make sense. We had an adversary not an advocate for the former players. I hope one day (Roger) Goodell wakes up and goes to the union and says ‘take care of these guys’. He’s a good guy but I think his hands are tied until a new Collective Bargaining Agreement is in place. And if you think about it, the players are about to strike for more money. I just laugh at that.” Cool guy, benched presses 225 almost 30 times at the age of 60.

I don't know if many of you caught Joe DeLamielleure on HBO's Real Sports last week, but we had him our show Bills Fan Radio last week as well. My favorite quote he said: “I blame Gene Upshaw that this issue has taken so long to be brought to headlines. I don’t know anyone but who’s been employed by him and the union that says a good word about him. When the owners come out and say Gene was a great union leader, that doesn’t make sense. We had an adversary not an advocate for the former players. I hope one day (Roger) Goodell wakes up and goes to the union and says ‘take care of these guys’. He’s a good guy but I think his hands are tied until a new Collective Bargaining Agreement is in place. And if you think about it, the players are about to strike for more money. I just laugh at that.” Cool guy, benched presses 225 almost 30 times at the age of 60.

I assume you're referring to the tangential opening to the yearly NFL awards featured in Episode 4?