EVEN WHEN DJ'S TEAM APPEARED GOOD, IT WAS BAD

Dr. Trooth

Nuttin we can do about DJ's return, except not buy tix to demonstrate to Ralph that he can shove the current Bills product up his arse.

For those fans that think DJ can turn this around, hers's a bit of fact that will bring ya back to earth.

Even Jauron's 13-3 Bears team of 2001 was ...

15th ranked on defense

26th ranked on offense

defense had 48 sacks, 20 interceptions, and 17 fumble recoveries.

This was a team with Warick Holdman, Rosey Colvin, Phillip Daniels, Ted Washington, & Brian Urlacher... etc. Basically this defense clearly played below it's potential.

They had a first round bye in the playoffs, then, Philly comes to town and thrashes their asses 33-19. Philly out-gained them 336-184 and almost boubled them in first downs, 19-10.

So... DJ had a chance to luck out this past season with an easy schedule, the Pats minus Brady, The Jets sucking with Favre, a rebuilding Dolphins team... and the result a miserable 0-6 in the division and 7-9 finish.

No way does this team win 8 games next season... I don't care what free agents and draft pix are brought in.

Hey... don't shoot the messenger. Just stating fact and providing an honest assement of next year, based on those facts.

I don't like DJ either and he won't get it done, but I don't care what your O and D ranks, all that matters is what you've got in Win/Loss columns.

That's true. All we need to know about Dick is in his career W/L columns.

I don't like DJ either and he won't get it done, but I don't care what your O and D ranks, all that matters is what you've got in Win/Loss columns.

I think his point was that Dick's 13-3 team was all smoke & mirrors, and that it's no surprise that they turned back into a pumpkin the next year & never returned to the playoffs. I wholeheartedly agree. I remember having multiple conversations during that season about how that Bears team may have been the luckiest of all time. This is the team that won OT games in back-to-back weeks on tipped balls returned for touchdowns. Yeah, Mike Brown (who returned them both) made two great returns once he had the ball, but both times the ball caromed right to him. Ridiculously lucky.

You've missed the point entirely.

The W/L column for DJ career is 57-77. 0-1 in the playoffs. That's not good. It's bad. (I'm typing slowly for you) DJ teams rarely overachieve and usually play below their talent level. The 2001 team received several breaks to win games. Read the game reports to see how they won. I'll give you a hint: Mike Brown and fumble recovery will be mentioned.

W/L record for DJ has been bad. DJ is bad. DJ's teams are bad. DJ is mediocre. DJ cannot manage gameday clock, hence Chris Brown recommends a gameday manager. DJ hires bad assistants. DJ was a bad assistant. DJ is sticking around because minor league teams like Buffalo need a cheap coach. DJ revels in not answering questions about his suckitude on gameday. DJ hasn't met a FG in the RZ he doesn't like. DJ's teams lose in the most humiliating way. DJ's career record is among the worst in NFL history.

I think his point was that Dick's 13-3 team was all smoke & mirrors, and that it's no surprise that they turned back into a pumpkin the next year & never returned to the playoffs. I wholeheartedly agree. I remember having multiple conversations during that season about how that Bears team may have been the luckiest of all time. This is the team that won OT games in back-to-back weeks on tipped balls returned for touchdowns. Yeah, Mike Brown (who returned them both) made two great returns once he had the ball, but both times the ball caromed right to him. Ridiculously lucky.

I must have been talking with you during that season. I said the same thing--it was unreal. I watched the Bills' games with a lot of Bears' fans at this sportsbar that year. I remember even a lot of them were dumbfounded by their luck.

Hey, I'd take a season like that-- I'd rather be lucky than good.