I've tried this about three times

_BiB_

How come no one is paying any attention to the fact that this whole explosives brouhaha began with the Iraqi minister shooting a letter off to the French UN inspector? About a week before the election?

Here is a little factor you might not be aware of. The US removed 1.77 metric tons of Enriched Uranium from the Tuwaitha facility in June. The Iraqi ministry didn't want them to do that, but the shipment was carried out before the interim Iraqi authority was granted power-so they had no say. Make any dif to any of you?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How come no one is paying any attention to the fact that this whole explosives brouhaha began with the Iraqi minister shooting a letter off to the French UN inspector? About a week before the election?

Here is a little factor you might not be aware of. The US removed 1.77 metric tons of Enriched Uranium from the Tuwaitha facility in June. The Iraqi ministry didn't want them to do that, but the shipment was carried out before the interim Iraqi authority was granted power-so they had no say. Make any dif to any of you?

91437[/snapback]

Doesn't make any difference to me because I already considered the UN to be incredibly corrupt. It's worthless. The fact that those pigs are so threatened by Bush is a compliment to the man.

From today's Wall Street Journal:

On October 10, a letter from the Iraqi Ministry of Science & Technology arrived at the International Atomic Energy Agency's Vienna headquarters. The letter included a list of "high explosive materials" that "were lost" after April 9, 2003, through "the theft and looting of the governmental installations due to lack of security." This is the ministry that worked with the IAEA before the war and it's headed by a man who used to work for Saddam Hussein.

The Iraqi ministry was responding, in what appears to be record time, to a U.N. request. IAEA Director-General Mohamed ElBaradei attaches the Iraqi letter to his own October 25 letter to the U.N. Security Council, saying he had received it "consequent to [a] reminder" the IAEA had sent on October 1. Somehow, information that was known for many months suddenly required urgent communication to New York.

The IAEA informed the U.S. about the missing stockpile on October 15, noting that it was "likely to leak." In his October 25 letter to the Security Council, Mr. ElBaradei dryly noted "the matter has been given media coverage today." That was the day the story was first reported by the New York Times and CBS News. Mission accomplished?

There's one last date worth noting: September 10. That's the day Mr. ElBaradei announced that he would seek a third term as IAEA head. The Bush Administration believes heads of U.N. agencies should serve a maximum of two terms. It told Mr. ElBaradei when it supported him for a second term in 2001 that it would not support him for a third. A Kerry Administration might take a different view, especially after this week.

Doesn't make any difference to me because I already considered the UN to be incredibly corrupt.  It's worthless.  The fact that those pigs are so threatened by Bush is a compliment to the man.

91443[/snapback]

Run a google on France India UN Security Council.

We are making an ally out of Pakistan. We also have a good relationship with India. Look at the lengths France will go to in order to undercut us. And Kerry wants to be big buddies.

France has been "Lucy" to our "Charlie Brown" on the World "football field" since about five minutes after we liberated those turncoat !@#$s from the Nazis.

But five seconds after John-boy gets in office, they are going to be our best friends!

Right.

Run a google on France India UN Security Council.

We are making an ally out of Pakistan. We also have a good relationship with India. Look at the lengths France will go to in order to undercut us. And Kerry wants to be big buddies.

91453[/snapback]

France has its own problems. Their unemployment rate is steady at about 10% (though everyone complaining about our supposed 'horrible economy' still looks up to them). Their native population is stagnant, if not shrinking, and their immigration is primarily Arabs who don't share their values (whatever those are).

In a generation or two, there won't be a France.

Have any of you in the 'Hot Pockets' crowd considered that our Intelligence agencies and also the President may be aware of the bullsh*t games these nations are playing and just MAYBE that is the reason we're not having better relations with them?

I found it peculiar after the Russian school bombing that Bush didn't come out with a stronger statement of support than he did. You know what they say about payback right?

Nah...Bush is an idiot...right?

Have any of you in the 'Hot Pockets' crowd considered that our Intelligence agencies and also the President may be aware of the bullsh*t games these nations are playing and just MAYBE that is the reason we're not having better relations with them?

I found it peculiar after the Russian school bombing that Bush didn't come out with a stronger statement of support than he did. You know what they say about payback right?

Nah...Bush is an idiot...right?

91474[/snapback]

When does survivor come on? Did I miss anything on Lost? I just love all these citizens screaming about voting when they at least don't seem to have the slightest idea of what is going on around them.

When does survivor come on? Did I miss anything on Lost? I just love all these citizens screaming about voting when they at least don't seem to have the slightest idea of what is going on around them.

91481[/snapback]

Vote or Die. Just like Puff Daddy says.....

Everyone gets bombarded with this "VOTE VOTE VOTE" BS and you never hear anyone plead with the electorate to just do some research. Don't take what candidates say during debates as the real thing. Use the internet, nimrods.

91437[/snapback]

Beats me. I posted the same information about the US removing the Uranium here including the source - last count, zero responses. If the President would just own up to this, we could get on with the business of healing the hole in the heart of the world.

When Kerry or any Democrat or any reasonable thinking person speaks about bringing other nations in to help us, or creating a real coalition, or not doing things unilaterally they are almost exclusively NOT talking about France. You guys just always use France as what they are talking about for your own baseless criticisms. Kerry and others are talking about ANY and ALL nations, friends and foes, governments and populations, small and big, from all parts of the world, helping out with all kinds of things that don't include troops, that promote countries all over the world and their citizens not hating the United States. They are not talking about France 99% of the time because they can see what France is all about as well as you can. Kerry rarely mentions France and that is not what he means. If we got the rest of the world to join us, whether it be with troops, with words, with money, with peripheral help, with anything OTHER than what Bush got, which was disdain, we wouldn't be in as big a mess. But go ahead, just throw your own words into his and others mouths and keep thinking it always and only means France.

Beats me. I posted the same information about the US removing the Uranium here including the source - last count, zero responses. If the President would just own up to this, we could get on with the business of healing the hole in the heart of the world.

91487[/snapback]

As with Debbies connections to virtually everything that happens in the world, I had intimate involvement with that little operation. That's why I didn't respond. I think Bush is trapped on this one. Anything he says is going to backfire. He knows the UN is pig crap, but if he gets reelected he has to still deal with them at some level. And the UN loving hot pockets will discount any of it. And, once again, a lot of the info that could help him is quite sensitive.

When Kerry or any Democrat or any reasonable thinking person speaks about bringing other nations in to help us, or creating a real coalition, or not doing things unilaterally they are almost exclusively NOT talking about France. You guys just always use France as what they are talking about for your own baseless criticisms. Kerry and others are talking about ANY and ALL nations, friends and foes, governments and populations, small and big, from all parts of the world, helping out with all kinds of things that don't include troops, that promote countries all over the world and their citizens not hating the United States. They are not talking about France 99% of the time because they can see what France is all about as well as you can. Kerry rarely mentions France and that is not what he means. If we got the rest of the world to join us, whether it be with troops, with words, with money, with peripheral help, with anything OTHER than what Bush got, which was disdain, we wouldn't be in as big a mess. But go ahead, just throw your own words into his and others mouths and keep thinking it always and only means France.

91491[/snapback]

What countries is he talking about outside France, Russia, Germany and the countries already involved in Iraq? If he's trying to make a point about some specific countries why wouldn't he name them?

91491[/snapback]

I'm talking about the UN, where France has a lot of influence. France wants to head the "United States of Europe", and feel the best path to doing that is through the UN. You can't say UN without saying France. Google as to who the chief IAEA inspector is.

91491[/snapback]

France has veto power over any UNSC resolution. Without them on board, you will get nothing through the UN. You need them on board if you want to rely on the UN for help.