Ralph is right about some things...

A veteran back-up QB, veteran depth on both sides of the ball -- basically, players who have been there before and who have WON before, need to be added to this team.

Ralph may be old, but he is not as much of a football idiot as some make him out to be.

Ralph may be old, but he is not as much of a football idiot as some make him out to be.

Yes he is. Here are some examples you may not recall:

1. Firing Bill Polian. Taking the side of bean counter extraordinaire Littman and his daughter was the wrong move.

2. Telling Wade Phillips to start Rob Johnson for the Tennessee playoff game. We know this move came from RW.

3. Running Lou Saban off twice in the span of 15 years. Under Saban, RW had all the success he would have from 1960-1979.

4. Running Chuck Knox out of town on account of bad personnel moves. Knox was responsible for the team's only two playoff appearances from 1975 through 1987.

5. Hiring Marv Levy as GM. There is no doubt now that Marv had no clue what he was doing.

6. Promoting Russ Brandon, a marketing guy, to quasi-GM and having no plan for the GM job after Marv retired again.

7. Selling 8 games to Toronto. No prospective HC would want to give up home field advantage once per season.

8. Running John Butler and AJ Smith out of town after the 2000 season. I sense a trend here.

I will admit RW was right to not sign the recent CBA finalized in March 2006. But that's far outweighed by his blunders. I'm sure I missed a few, but if you've been around enough, other posters can add to this list.

I know RW doesn't have his insurance business anymore, but I wish he offered insurance for Bills fans. He obviously wouldn't because they'd be there to collect each season he owned Buffalo.

Yes he is. Here are some examples you may not recall:

1. Firing Bill Polian. Taking the side of bean counter extraordinaire Littman and his daughter was the wrong move.

2. Telling Wade Phillips to start Rob Johnson for the Tennessee playoff game. We know this move came from RW.

3. Running Lou Saban off twice in the span of 15 years. Under Saban, RW had all the success he would have from 1960-1979.

4. Running Chuck Knox out of town on account of bad personnel moves. Knox was responsible for the team's only two playoff appearances from 1975 through 1987.

5. Hiring Marv Levy as GM. There is no doubt now that Marv had no clue what he was doing.

6. Promoting Russ Brandon, a marketing guy, to quasi-GM and having no plan for the GM job after Marv retired again.

7. Selling 8 games to Toronto. No prospective HC would want to give up home field advantage once per season.

8. Running John Butler and AJ Smith out of town after the 2000 season. I sense a trend here.

I will admit RW was right to not sign the recent CBA finalized in March 2006. But that's far outweighed by his blunders. I'm sure I missed a few, but if you've been around enough, other posters can add to this list.

I know RW doesn't have his insurance business anymore, but I wish he offered insurance for Bills fans. He obviously wouldn't because they'd be there to collect each season he owned Buffalo.

I'm going to add telling Mike Mularkey to start JP Losman in 2005 after Drew Bledsoe led us to a winning season and 8 out of 9 wins to close out 2004. Sounds like a decision Ralph would make. I'm 99.9% sure it was Ralph.