Here's what I have decided to do.

B-L&hotwings

That was not his 1st post, it was his 9th post. That poor guy you jumped all over the other day for, OMG!, starting a thread, THAT was his 1st post. Way to make people, fellow Bills fans BTW, feel welcome...

That's The Dean for ya. It's usually a derogatory, snide remark made. A typical Bills' fan, cheapshots taken based on opinion and ego. LOL!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's The Dean for ya. It's usually a derogatory, snide remark made. A typical Bills' fan, cheapshots taken based on opinion and ego. LOL!

If anything, I was taking a shot at HIS ego (a cheap shot? maybe). Unlike SOME posters here, I don't think that my every thought deserves a new thread . Do you know anyone like that Tippy? (Count the number of threads I have posted on the first 5 pages on this forum.) I find it even more offensive and presumptuous when someone thinks his/her FIRST post here is so important and different, that it deserves its own thread (even thought the topic is being discussed on nearly every other thread). Add to it the fact that the post was really about HIM and not the team...add to that it was a "goodbye" of sorts. As JR notes, he never even said "hello" Who the hell cares if he's out?

Now, the idea that anyone can start any thread whenever they want, happens to be true...on this board. Some more tightly moderated communities are far more restrictive on repetitive threads. IMO, there tends to be an inverse correlation between the quality of the poster and the % of their posts that start new threads.

The very fact that on gameday, there is only ONE thread is because of people who don't simply add to what's already been said. They don't bother to read what anyone else posts, but want us all to see what they have to say...because it is IMPORTANT! Now, I'm not a total thread Nazi. Certain posters here have established, and earned, their special areas.

Bill in NYC and R. Rich write post game analyses. I will bet you that neither of those posters had the audacity to start the post game "here is my analysis thread" on their first post here. As far as I'm concerned, 90% of all game-related analysis could be confined to those threads. Of course, there are 100's of them, most saying the exact same thing.

WVU and Astrobot start excellent threads on draft prospects. Again, why not use these threads to discuss the draft, when possible?

You, of course, are responsible for 100 "bizarre trade" threads. You've been here a long time, and it's your niche. I respect that. You're like the crazy uncle that always has a moneymaking scheme that makes no sense at all. If nothing else, it's good for comic relief.

There really is a general guideline for forum participation...ease yourself in. Get to know people. Read more than you post, at first. Take a look at the front page or two, to see if your topic is being discussed. Think about using the search function to see if there is already discussion underway that is current/relevant. It' respect for the community, and it's pretty damn easy to exercise.