Here's what I have decided to do.

B-L&hotwings

Ok, I've been a "lurker" on this forum for years. I never really thought I had anything I needed to get off my chest or discuss until now. I've been a Bills fan as long as I can remember. Since the days of the O.J. and the Electric Co. I can remember several "altercations" with fans of other teams growing up. As a young adult I moved far away from the buffalo area and had quite a bit of trouble keeping up with the Bills until the internet came along. In all that time I never quit being a Bills fan. But I can't take any more of RW snubbingthe fans the way he has recently. So here's what I'm going to do. I've decided to continue to keep up with the Bills in the off season. I don't care who they sign in FA or the Draft. I just want to have the feeling this time next year that the organization has given everything to have a winning season.

I will not buy another thing that is related to the Buffalo Bills. I will not spend one cent. Unless the Bills make the playoffs next year. This time next year if the Bills have not made the playoffs I will box up every bit of Bills memorabilia my family has and send it to RW. I don't care what it costs, I intend to purge my life of the Bills if this s--t continues. Where I live it'll be very easy to start cheering for another team and not have to order everything from the web site.

I've come to this decision after reading posts about this subject for several days. I have been very impressed with the research a lot of you have put into your posts, and I have come to the conclusion that RW simply wants to maintain the status quo until he's out of the picture one way or another. I wish no ill-will on him at all but sports demand 100% effort 100% of the time, and he's not giving it. If he were a player he'd be on the waiver wire.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've been a "lurker" on this forum for years. I never really thought I had anything I needed to get off my chest or discuss until now. I've been a Bills fan as long as I can remember. Since the days of the O.J. and the Electric Co. I can remember several "altercations" with fans of other teams growing up. As a young adult I moved far away from the buffalo area and had quite a bit of trouble keeping up with the Bills until the internet came along. In all that time I never quit being a Bills fan. But I can't take any more of RW snubbingthe fans the way he has recently. So here's what I'm going to do. I've decided to continue to keep up with the Bills in the off season. I don't care who they sign in FA or the Draft. I just want to have the feeling this time next year that the organization has given everything to have a winning season.

I will not buy another thing that is related to the Buffalo Bills. I will not spend one cent. Unless the Bills make the playoffs next year. This time next year if the Bills have not made the playoffs I will box up every bit of Bills memorabilia my family has and send it to RW. I don't care what it costs, I intend to purge my life of the Bills if this s--t continues. Where I live it'll be very easy to start cheering for another team and not have to order everything from the web site.

I've come to this decision after reading posts about this subject for several days. I have been very impressed with the research a lot of you have put into your posts, and I have come to the conclusion that RW simply wants to maintain the status quo until he's out of the picture one way or another. I wish no ill-will on him at all but sports demand 100% effort 100% of the time, and he's not giving it. If he were a player he'd be on the waiver wire.

Well, you're joining a lot of other people that Ralph doesn't give a crap about.

Since it would never get to Wilson in the first place, why not just pack up all your Bills gear and mail it to me?

That's really not a bad idea, but it wouldn't make me feel as good as sending it to RW. I think it would be pretty funny if hundreds of fans sent there stuff to him. Maybe it would send a message maybe it wouldn't. Same thing as not buying and more Bills memorabilia this year. In all likely hood no one's going to notice, but it'll sure make me feel like I'm doing something. I spend a lot of time and it takes a lot of effort to be a Bills fan here. I've enjoed it until recently. I just can't stand feeling like I'm getting s--t on. I really thought RW would do something. He has done nothing. I wonder how many people on this forum would still have there jobs if they had the same attitude about what they do.

That's really not a bad idea, but it wouldn't make me feel as good as sending it to RW. I think it would be pretty funny if hundreds of fans sent there stuff to him. Maybe it would send a message maybe it wouldn't. Same thing as not buying and more Bills memorabilia this year. In all likely hood no one's going to notice, but it'll sure make me feel like I'm doing something. I spend a lot of time and it takes a lot of effort to be a Bills fan here. I've enjoed it until recently. I just can't stand feeling like I'm getting s--t on. I really thought RW would do something. He has done nothing. I wonder how many people on this forum would still have there jobs if they had the same attitude about what they do.

I like your idea! But heres something for you to think about...

Looking at next years schedule... THIS team isnt going to the playoffs. If you, like me, are in the SE, you can be rooting on your NEW team against the BILLS next year!

This is plan "B" for me unless the bills make a HUGE spash in the Free Agent Market...

Go Falcons!

So, you've joined a forum, you have never posted to, to tell people you have never interacted with "what you decided to do"?

I can only speak for myself, when I say:

"Don't care."

i have to admit, it would be pretty damn funny if OBD was suddenly deluged with bills gear sent in by pissed off fans. imagine channel 2 shows up while UPS is trying to deliver boxes and boxes of old jerseys, hats, t-shirts, umbrellas, beer cozies and all that other crap. :doh::lol: wouldn't do a thing to change the situation but it would send a message of sorts.

I like your idea! But heres something for you to think about...

Looking at next years schedule... THIS team isnt going to the playoffs. If you, like me, are in the SE, you can be rooting on your NEW team against the BILLS next year!

This is plan "B" for me unless the bills make a HUGE spash in the Free Agent Market...

Go Falcons!

Once again the bills making a "big splash" in the FA market is definately what I'm hoping for. As I said, I will continue to follow the bills in the off season and hope that they make some changes for the better. The thing that has me upset is that right now, RW has said, nothing needs to be changed. I can live with him keeping DJ but someone has to be held accountable. It's unreasonable to just say, "Oh well, another 7-9 season, that's the way it goes."

If RW isn't too worried about it why not just give the team to Jim Kelly. That's right GIVE. I'm sure the taxes or whatever JK has to pay are less than what the selling price will be.

Best thing people can do is stop buying all merchandise. If you go to a game, don't spend any money on vendors, and park in private lots.

EXACTLY!! :doh: Call it being cautiously optimistic if you will. I just read a reply from Kelso Helmet in another thread and I think it sums up what has been happening for the last nine years. He says, "...don't piss down my leg and tell me it's raining." I think that is perfect. I think this small demonstration by the fans to voice our dissatisfaction is exactly what is needed.

EXACTLY!! :doh: Call it being cautiously optimistic if you will. I just read a reply from Kelso Helmet in another thread and I think it sums up what has been happening for the last nine years. He says, "...don't piss down my leg and tell me it's raining." I think that is perfect. I think this small demonstration by the fans to voice our dissatisfaction is exactly what is needed.

I'm embarrased to say I got that quote from Judge Judy....

So, you've joined a forum, you have never posted to, to tell people you have never interacted with "what you decided to do"?

"Don't care."

ditto!!!!!

"Don't care."

Dean, I usually like your posts, but you are way off on this one. What's with this high-motor-poster snobbery?

Why some people think high post numbers equate to some kind of wisdom or status is a mystery to me. Get over yourself.

What you are doing is a little extreme but there is nothig wrong with it. My only problem is if all Bills fans start to do this then Palph might open a Buffalo Bills "Vintage" store!

Dean, I usually like your posts, but you are way off on this one. What's with this high-motor-poster snobbery?

Why some people think high post numbers equate to some kind of wisdom or status is a mystery to me. Get over yourself.

My comment wasn't simply related to # of posts.

And, I am a poster snob, to a degree. I admit that.

i have to admit, it would be pretty damn funny if OBD was suddenly deluged with bills gear sent in by pissed off fans. imagine channel 2 shows up while UPS is trying to deliver boxes and boxes of old jerseys, hats, t-shirts, umbrellas, beer cozies and all that other crap. :doh::lol: wouldn't do a thing to change the situation but it would send a message of sorts.

I think the OP has a point. Ralph seemed a bit depressed that the NFL is now all about $$.

There are probably a large number of owners who feel the Phins were stupid to pay $27 mil to fire a coaching staff. That guy paid all of that $ and now he's trying to sell the team.

Maybe Ralph needs a gesture like hundreds of boxes of returned Bills Merchandice to show that there is still a large number of people who care more about football than money.

Or maybe I've watched to many christmas specials this year.

I think the OP has a point. Ralph seemed a bit depressed that the NFL is now all about $$.

There are probably a large number of owners who feel the Phins were stupid to pay $27 mil to fire a coaching staff. That guy paid all of that $ and now he's trying to sell the team.

Maybe Ralph needs a gesture like hundreds of boxes of returned Bills Merchandice to show that there is still a large number of people who care more about football than money.

Or maybe I've watched to many christmas specials this year.

It is sort of Hollywood though.

If you want to effectively protest, you have to do it in a more publicly visible way than dropping boxes off at different UPS and USPS places. Organize a Bills gear burning. Organize a "Dump your Bills gear" collection site in Buffalo. Of course, if only 4 people show up, then Ralph gets an answer other than what you intended...