Vikings still have 11,000+ tickets for playoff game

Fezmid

First, it isn't that unusual that the NFL has trouble selling first round playoff games, especially when they fall around the holiday. Its one of the reasons they want to extend the regular season into the first week of January.

Not being sold out is different than having roughly 20% of your tickets still available I think...

Not that Vikings fans have ever been that die-hard. While in college, I usually saw more Bills jerseys on campus than Vikings....

I realize it wasn't a playoff game (I should have been more specific). But, I recall they had a hard time selling seats and the bridge collapse was cited as "the reason". Well, now it's the playoffs...what's "the reason" now?

Uhhh... The bridge was re-opened this past summer... I think the Metrodome sucks... It really sucks watching games there.

Uhhh... The bridge was re-opened this past summer... I think the Metrodome sucks... It really sucks watching games there.

Yes, I have been there...it is horrible...and I KNOW the bridge is fixed :wallbash::wub:0:) That was my point.

First, it isn't that unusual that the NFL has trouble selling first round playoff games, especially when they fall around the holiday. Its one of the reasons they want to extend the regular season into the first week of January.

Remember, the Incredible comeback game against Houston wasn't sold out.

It was soldout, it just didn't sellout in time to lift the blackout.

I heard Clayton talking about this earlier. He said fans weren't buying them in protest of Childress still being their coach. And I guess many aren't happy with Jackson starting over Gus.

I guess we'll see if protesting by not buying tickets actually works.

I think it's because they are busy building bunkers in preparation of Stuart Smiley stealing a victory in his corrupt election.

Thats sad.......as much as we hate Jauron, our place would be rockin if we had a home playoff game, even if we had signed Rob Johnson to a 1 day contract to start.....

What an incredible sales idea - bring back former players for one day and let all of the anti-fans go just to cheer against the players. That would fill the stadium!