Vikings still have 11,000+ tickets for playoff game

Fezmid

I heard Clayton talking about this earlier. He said fans weren't buying them in protest of Childress still being their coach. And I guess many aren't happy with Jackson starting over Gus.

I guess we'll see if protesting by not buying tickets actually works.

I heard Clayton talking about this earlier. He said fans weren't buying them in protest of Childress still being their coach. And I guess many aren't happy with Jackson starting over Gus.

I guess we'll see if protesting by not buying tickets actually works.

Yeah, I know a lot of fans here are pissed at Childress, kinda like Bills fans are mad at Jauron. But still - playoffs! Isn't that what you play the season for? Why pay for the regular season and skip the playoffs....?

Yeah, I know a lot of fans here are pissed at Childress, kinda like Bills fans are mad at Jauron. But still - playoffs! Isn't that what you play the season for? Why pay for the regular season and skip the playoffs....?

Think about it like this. Imagine if we somehow had the dumbluck to get into the playoffs. Yet Jauron was still costing us games. Now imagine that he decided to start JP over Trent, even though Trent was having a good year. I can see some fans being mad enough to not go to the game.

And also consider the fact that those tickets are much more expensive than the price of regular season games (Not to mention the bad economy, and it's christmas time). And since the Vikings didn't lock up a spot until this week, people may not have saved money aside for the game.

That is unbelievable. Doesn't even make sense. Is the economy really that bad? Or are the people too busy watching the Timberwolves play basketball? Wow.

For the first time that I can remember, NFL is advertising ticket availability to all this weekends games. On both the NFL Network and Sirius NFL. Is it the economy?

You mean the Hormel chili and SPAM plants don't count?

:wallbash:

Ummm, not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but Hormel is nowhere near the Twin Cities... It's literally over 100 miles away:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Austin&amp...polis&2s=MN

That is unbelievable. Doesn't even make sense. Is the economy really that bad? Or are the people too busy watching the Timberwolves play basketball? Wow.

The economy isn't that bad here. It's not good, but it's far better than lots of other cities. The Timberwolves comment was funny though. :wub:

When this happened last year, didn't they blame the highway collapse, or something?

They didn't have a playoff game last year. And the bridge collapse DID make getting into download Minneapolis a pain in the butt.

WTF is their fans' problem?

Childress has gone from 6-10 to 8-8 to 10-6 as Minnesota's coach. While the guy's not a world-beater, he isn't exactly awful. You can't argue with real progression.

No money. The NFL has the fans beleiving all thses games are sold out ,they are not, its all hype watch a game on TV some time ,for any team,the annoucers tell you how large the crowd is the you see all the empty seats. $crew the NFL and its rich owners and fat lazy players and incompentent coaches.

They didn't have a playoff game last year. And the bridge collapse DID make getting into download Minneapolis a pain in the butt.

I realize it wasn't a playoff game (I should have been more specific). But, I recall they had a hard time selling seats and the bridge collapse was cited as "the reason". Well, now it's the playoffs...what's "the reason" now?