Russian Professor predicts that US will fall apart in 2010

ACor58

Yeah, there's precisely no demographic difference between Southern and Northern California. It's one great big monolithic political entity.

According to Pat Buchanan I guess that is so. I don't know. It's what I read. Present some facts and I'll listen and learn.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that there are a lot of Euros who would love to see this happen.

The problem is it won't...not in 2010. If people think the world is unstable now, wait until there is no United States to provide a stabilizing influence. Other countries would love to take the spot of the US at the top of the international food chain.

The only one that really has potential to take over as the world's richest nation is China, and the Chinese have never really gotten their act together. But, they may be starting to. This could be the Chinese Century.

No country is immune to breakup. We fought one civil war to keep the Union together. Another is possible, but I don't believe we see it happen. Our children could. We are going in the wrong direction as a country, which frightens me.

But, according to this scenario, I'll be Canadian anyway, so what's the difference? :wallbash:

BTW, WorldNetDaily linked to this earlier this week, which was the first time I'd seen it. WND.com is still pushing that Obama wasn't born in this country, so I dismiss them as a bunch of kooks. They used to be somewhat respectable, but they took a hard turn toward the lunatic fringe. Just remember that, as my dad told me, that everyone has an ax to grind, and doomsday theories will always be with us, right up until Armageddon.

Y2K didn't work, so the fringe has to latch on to something else. This is their new thing. Was Y2K really nine years ago? Where does the time go?

Next, they will be talking about American concentration camps, which have been rumored on the Internet for at least the past decade. Hmmm...the Nazis built theirs and lost a war in only 12 years. Tell the lunatics to read their history...apparently, American leaders are lazy regarding this. :wub:

According to Pat Buchanan I guess that is so. I don't know. It's what I read. Present some facts and I'll listen and learn.

Nothing better than when someone here issues the "provide some evidence that will allow me to have a more informed opinion" challenge. :wallbash:

:wub:

You know... you don't absolutely HAVE to believe everything you read. You're allowed to think critically about another's views, and then decide for yourself.

Just when you think you think you've read the stupidest thing ever...

Stupid for thinking it would may happen, yes. But what he's alluding to, the concept of "reconquista" is a real thing that many Mexicans both here and there pine for.

Stupid for thinking it would may happen, yes. But what he's alluding to, the concept of "reconquista" is a real thing that many Mexicans both here and there pine for.

Real in that it exists? Yes.

Real in that it has a broad base, and chance to succeed? Um...no.

The Communist Party is real in the USA, too. Are you worried about it? (You probably are.)

I'd advise a break from listening to hate-mongering paranoids preach their unique brand of nonsense.

I'd advise a break from listening to hate-mongering paranoids preach their unique brand of nonsense.

Ah yes...those horrible people who want immigration laws enforced and new ones made that properly deal with the issue. Those terrible people. Give me a break.

And for the record, the last time I heard someone propose "reconquista" it was at at immigration forum and it was being thrown up by a Mexican national who was in the audience.

But I guess the "evil white American man" sitting next to him MADE that Mexican say it.

Ah yes...those horrible people who want immigration laws enforced and new ones made that properly deal with the issue. Those terrible people. Give me a break.

And for the record, the last time I heard someone propose "reconquista" it was at at immigration forum and it was being thrown up by a Mexican national who was in the audience.

But I guess the "evil white American man" sitting next to him MADE that Mexican say it.

Careful what you wish for. Sure, I'm for tighter borders. But not too tight. After all, no Mexicans, no one to do the work. I see it every day.