PSA for Zen v1 owners

GG

If you're stuck on the Zune menu, you're not alone.

Customers with 30gb Zune devices may experience issues when booting their Zune hardware. We’re aware of the problem and are working to correct it. The Zune Social might be slow or inaccessible. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience!

Thank you Microsoft. I guess there's a 12/31/08 bug that no one knew about.

If you're stuck on the Zune menu, you're not alone.

Customers with 30gb Zune devices may experience issues when booting their Zune hardware. We’re aware of the problem and are working to correct it. The Zune Social might be slow or inaccessible. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience!

Thank you Microsoft. I guess there's a 12/31/08 bug that no one knew about.

Wouldn't someone actually have had to purchase one to discover this bug? :worthy:

I would guess that a 5 year old iPod that has had zero problems would be crushed by a Zune that breaks after 1 year. Good call, keep the iPod bashing coming dickweed.

Typical mac/ipod lemming. Funny how Mac ran the original 1984 commercial and now people like you are locked in a groupthink.

My Zune (that had the freezing issue, which will be resolved by noon today) has been perfect, save for the incident yesterday. I'm not going to pay extra $$$ just for the iPod brand name.

fwiw, I got my Zune for free off of club.live.com.

I would guess that a 5 year old iPod that has had zero problems would be crushed by a Zune that breaks after 1 year. Good call, keep the iPod bashing coming dickweed.

And my first gen iPod nano died just after one year, yet I just bought a touch. Zunes don't suck, iPods don't suck, you fanboys suck.

And my first gen iPod nano died just after one year, yet I just bought a touch. Zunes don't suck, iPods don't suck, you fanboys suck.

I know several people who switched to the Zune, and absolutely love them.

http://reviews.cnet.com/zune-vs-ipod/?tag=...ner;pf_left_nav

cnet is a fairly decent source for product reviews, IMO.

EDIT: I should have noted this is a review of the 80 GB version and iPod Classic 80 GB. The article does not have a date.

Here is the review of the 120 GB Zune:

http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/micros...l?tag=mncol;txt

We have two ipods (three if you count the stupid little 512 MB shuffle I use for running) and we've never had a problem with them. They're not without their own issues, though:

http://www.apple.com/ca/ipod/settlement/

I couldn't buy a Zune for two reasons. First, I think the name is slightly retarded. My mind sees it as a concatenation of "Zulu" and "Dune." Secondly, my computers are both Apple machines, I don't see that being an easy experience... Zune+OSX.

I used to be one of those annoying anti-Microsoft pro-Linux/Apple IT dorks. At some point in time, I had a bit of a realization. Who really gives a damn? Honestly? It's software. What costs less and lets more work get done for a given application of technology? Yup, I'm ready for management now.

We have two ipods (three if you count the stupid little 512 MB shuffle I use for running) and we've never had a problem with them. They're not without their own issues, though:

http://www.apple.com/ca/ipod/settlement/

I couldn't buy a Zune for two reasons. First, I think the name is slightly retarded. My mind sees it as a concatenation of "Zulu" and "Dune." Secondly, my computers are both Apple machines, I don't see that being an easy experience... Zune+OSX.

I used to be one of those annoying anti-Microsoft pro-Linux/Apple IT dorks. At some point in time, I had a bit of a realization. Who really gives a damn? Honestly? It's software. What costs less and lets more work get done for a given application of technology? Yup, I'm ready for management now.

You make sense...stop it! (Well, other than caring about the name...seriously.)

There are pros and cons to each, and it makes sense that, if you have Apple computers at home, an iPod might be a better choice for you (much of your music is probably already in iTunes format and isn't compatible with a Zune).

You make sense...stop it! (Well, other than caring about the name...seriously.)

There are pros and cons to each, and it makes sense that, if you have Apple computers at home, an iPod might be a better choice for you (much of your music is probably already in iTunes format and isn't compatible with a Zune).

Ha. Yeah, I freely admit that name thing is idiotic and is no way to seriously judge a product. I was half kidding when I posted it as a reason I wouldn't buy one.

It almost sounds like slang as well. "Dude, I so Zuned her last night... who's the man now?!"

Ha. Yeah, I freely admit that name thing is idiotic and is no way to seriously judge a product. I was half kidding when I posted it as a reason I wouldn't buy one.

It almost sounds like slang as well. "Dude, I so Zuned her last night... who's the man now?!"

:wallbash:

http://gizmodo.com/5121822/official-fix-for-the-zune-30-fail

Better get a new one before Dec. 31, 2012, though.

Ah, it is a transitory failure. MS should have said it was a FEATURE of that model...meant to give the user a full day of peace in a leap year, and protect the ear from over exposure. :wallbash: