When does Free Agency start?

Jerry Jabber

Is it right after the Superbowl or the end of February?

Is FA the next thing that can give us a glimmer of hope? Then the draft? :thumbdown:

FA begins at midnight on March 1st. I'll never forget Tom Donahoe signing James Posey, the OLB that barely tackled anybody and never sacked the QB during his short time as a Bill, at 12:01 AM one March 1st as if Posey was the reincarnation of LT and every team was beating down his door, because he managed 8 sacks as a Houston Texan the year before. Hillarious. :censored:

In Posey's defense, he struggled because the merry band of morons running the team at the time decided to put him in a 4-3 scheme when he was much better suited to play in a 3-4. That's not to say that he was a great player or anything, but as a former collegiate DE, he would've been much better as a pass rushing OLB in a 3-4 than he ever was trying to drop into coverage in a 4-3.

In Posey's defense, he struggled because the merry band of morons running the team at the time decided to put him in a 4-3 scheme when he was much better suited to play in a 3-4. That's not to say that he was a great player or anything, but as a former collegiate DE, he would've been much better as a pass rushing OLB in a 3-4 than he ever was trying to drop into coverage in a 4-3.

Great post. I wasn't so much slamming Posey as I was mocking Donahoe for signing the guy at 12:01 AM, as if he was trying to impress the entire NFL or something. You're right that he would have thrived in the 3-4 much better. But if James had any special talents as a pass rusher at all, he certainly did not show it as a Bill, regardless of what scheme he was forced to play in. Another example of a lousy FA signing over the past 10 years.