Who would have thunk it but at QB at the end

we pretty easily had the 4th worse QB situation of the 4 teams in the division.

NYJ may be worse off if Favre retires (again but clearly it ain't over til its over with him. The Bills had the misfortune of getting him late enough in the season that he has absorbed the NYJ scheme and built chemistry with his teammates and though we faced him late enough in the season that the old guy was probably running out of gas, he simply outplayed our team having to rely on JP when Edward was clearly better but after going out with three different injuries in his brief two years of play meets my criteria (missing PT 3 time for differing injuries in 2 years Edwards has earned the title injury prone.

MI- Who would have guessed since rag arm looked done and was going to a 1-15 team but he led the team to the playoffs and the proof is in the pudding.

NE- I expected the Pats QB situation to be better than the Bills this year but that was back when I thought it would be Tom Brady calling the shots after his 18-1 performance, who would have thunk it that Matt Cassel would simply prove to be a better and more durable QB than Edwards.

Edwards is the starter next year, but the Bills have to go into FA with a priority of getting a QB who not only has the temperament to teach Edwards (who clearly still has things to learn) but actually we are comfortable with him starting 3 or more games next year as that is simply what has to be reasonably expected from the injury prone Edwards.

NYJ may be worse off if Favre retires (again but clearly it ain't over til its over with him. The Bills had the misfortune of getting him late enough in the season that he has absorbed the NYJ scheme and built chemistry with his teammates and though we faced him late enough in the season that the old guy was probably running out of gas, he simply outplayed our team having to rely on JP when Edward was clearly better but after going out with three different injuries in his brief two years of play meets my criteria (missing PT 3 time for differing injuries in 2 years Edwards has earned the title injury prone.

MI- Who would have guessed since rag arm looked done and was going to a 1-15 team but he led the team to the playoffs and the proof is in the pudding.

NE- I expected the Pats QB situation to be better than the Bills this year but that was back when I thought it would be Tom Brady calling the shots after his 18-1 performance, who would have thunk it that Matt Cassel would simply prove to be a better and more durable QB than Edwards.

Edwards is the starter next year, but the Bills have to go into FA with a priority of getting a QB who not only has the temperament to teach Edwards (who clearly still has things to learn) but actually we are comfortable with him starting 3 or more games next year as that is simply what has to be reasonably expected from the injury prone Edwards.

Do you ever see the jests? Favre is so finished it is beyond words. Jest fans want him out of here as much as we want to get rid of Dick Levy. Well.....almost.

Do you ever see the jests? Favre is so finished it is beyond words. Jest fans want him out of here as much as we want to get rid of Dick Levy. Well.....almost.

Wow. They loved Favre when he was brought over from Green Bay. Now, you're saying the New York fans want him gone 'cause they didn't end up where they exepcted to?

It's so unlike 'em.

Even though he is a girlish, weak armed, injury prone Los Gato with hair highlights and unable to play in weather below 58 degrees, Edwards is still better than Favre. It is likely that in 09 he will be #4 in the division but in 08 he was #3.

I think his status as somewhere between #28 and #31 in the NFL is more worrisome.

I agree with you. Although, I really don't feel that Edwards' biggest problem is that he needs to learn more,.....or he lacks arm strength. I think by far, he is the smartest QB we've had here for a while, but when his cage gets rattled, he loses his confidence, that's what the prob is. I think he'll get over it tho.

They'll bring in Rex Grossman :thumbsup:

I'm willing to give Edwards one more season to see what he can do. He has shown enough to earn another season.

As for the rest of the division, I don't think they are so well off as you think.

Farve probably will retire. Where does that leave the Jets? They'll be in the market for sure.

Cassel will sign with another club for a big contract and there's speculation that Brady may not be back for next season because of his injury. So things are very much up-in-the-air with NE's QB situation.

Pennington has endured torn rotator cuff injury in the past and I think some other shoulder injuries. He's done a great job in Miami, but I think he may just be a 2-season stop gap for the Dolphins. It sure helps when you have creativity from your offensive coordinator and a good running game, too -- that can help make an average QB look good and I think that's what has happened in Miami.

Edwards would probably be a pro-bowler on some other team, but we cannot know this, of course.

It really just doesn't matter that much. Ralph Wilson is not committed to winning the Super Bowl, so he never will. He'll never spend the money necessary for top coaches, so we'll never get to see Edwards' potential.

Say Hello Tim Tebow