No Changes Coming Can Only Mean ONE Thing

BrooklynBills

This team is putting itself in position to be sold. No GM changes, no coaching changes, no big jumps in payroll. This is classic preparation for an ownership change. Especially with the talk of Obama raising the capital gains tax to a much higher level than it is now. I'm not saying this is something that will happen this off season, but I expect this franchise to be sold within the next 3-4 years.

good for you and who cares about your brilliant logic and the way you came to this conclusion.. its your ridiculous opinion which your entitled to but this bills fan could care less what supposed fans like you hope to gain by coming up with idiotic statements like this. no gm changes and no coaching change means he is selling the team what a freaking joke. to logical fans it may just mean he simply believes in continuity and likes DJ.

you know two guys who know a little about the game gill Brandt and pat kirwin both liked Ralph's decision to retain DJ not only for his value as a coach but as they mentioned how important continuity is to a football teams growth.

by the way how do you know there will be no big jumps in payroll as you say. can you please explain that to us all? you cant because its incorrect.. i think they just invested a fortune in Evans a couple of months ago and also resigned butler and Williams. how you can predict the future in regards to spending 2 months before free agency even begins is also laughable.

by the way with you Obama comment on raising the capital gains taxes Ralph would have to sell the team tomorrow to avoid the capital gains increase because believe me Ralph has no chance in hell of avoiding obama's capital gains increase seeing that it will probably be in effect in less than 6 months.

your whole post is a joke.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times do I have this post before people stop obsessing about capital gains?

IF Ralph Wilson sells before he dies he will have to pay capital gains on almost every dollar of the team's worth. Why? Because he bought into the league with a very small investment (25K-50K) so that his basis is almost nothing in comparison. If he sells before his death then his heirs will have to pay estate taxes again on the proceeds, being taxed twice.

HOWEVER --> IF Ralph Wilson holds on to the team until he dies there will be no capital gains tax liability and his heirs will only have to pay the estate tax on the team's value.

(It is actually the estate that pays the taxes... but that's academic).

Ralph's heirs receive HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS MORE IF HE KEEPS THE TEAM UNTIL HIS DEATH. Obama's tax rates matter only in so far as they raise or lower the penalty.

You look like a pretty smart person... Why are you a Bills fan???

Just keeping the status quo so that whoever takes over will not have anything unattractive to deal with.

Have you looked at our roster? Coaches? Front Office? Nothing unattractive to deal with? WTF is attractive about anything remotely related to this team?

Something does smell fishy. I have no idea what joy Wilson can take continuing on this path. He's 90 years old, has probably made/will make close to $1billion on his $50,000 investment, and is worried about $5 million he'd have to pay Jauron? Wilson is either the cheapest, bitter SOB in the world, or is selling the team.

He's been on the same path for the past 50 years. There is nothing different about how he's running the team now vs. 1970 fercryingoutloud.

Think differently? Give me the proof.

Ralph Wilson wants to win,he just wants to do it as cheaply as he can get away with...

...I'm hearing so many people tell me that they won't renew season tickets and the economy the way it is you gotta wonder how many corporations will pass on the suites?

So is he purposely trying to submarine his own franchise to alienate his fan base in order to sell the team?

Your first sentence nails the situation with Ralph's spending habits/personality, which have been long chronicled. As the saying goes --- and it's doubly fitting here --- he pinches a nickel 'til the buffalo sh--s.

For most everything else on what I think, read my sig. And aside from that... and despite how he was on the proper side of the CBA (false cause as for why he voted again't it)... I think Ralph has officially started to 'lose his intellectual grasp.'

Going along with several other posters and their fiscal/tax reasoning, plus Ralph's own words, the team will not be sold until after his death. It's a little silly that this board gets caught up in this topic time and again.

Its possible but that didn't stop Dolphins ownership from hiring Parcells and writing an opt-out clause into his contract in the event the team was sold. Using a little foresight. Estate tax rates are expected to be increased as well as capital gains.

Given all the talk we've heard about the Kelly group wanting to buy the team and keep it local I expect they'd be in the mix to buy the team when the time comes. We've also got some political heavyweights in our corner, Schumer and the Commissioner.

If they do move where would they go? Everybody keeps talking L.A. but I don't see it because California is broke. About $45 billion in the hole this year and with the cities near bankruptcy who is going to pay for a new stadium? Given the fiscal stress almost every state and city is going to face into the foreseeable future I suspect we're about to witness the end of taxpayer financed stadiums for private sports franchises.

Now, despite all the crap I've flung in Ralph's direction (and hey, I'm just flinging it back at him) the stars may be aligning favorably toward the team remaining in Buffalo. In this economic climate, where the big cheeses say we haven't struck bottom yet, it's going to be more difficult for companies to afford/defend buying luxury suites. And to this end, the Buffalo franchise is perhaps uniquely positioned for the next several years, as RWS doesn't have very many. But it all depends how long this recession lasts. If Ralph were to die before the upswing (if there is an end in sight to the recession :blink: ), the price may be a little deflated --- especially when a new owner factored in moving and all that entails--- which could give some leverage to local ownership or Jim Kelly's group.

This team is putting itself in position to be sold. No GM changes, no coaching changes, no big jumps in payroll. This is classic preparation for an ownership change. Especially with the talk of Obama raising the capital gains tax to a much higher level than it is now. I'm not saying this is something that will happen this offseason, but I expect this franchise to be sold within the next 3-4 years.

I wouldn't disagree with that, he may be right

Didn't Ralph sign the coach to a fairly long contract only 2-3 months ago? Doesn't that mean he created a contract that this mythical new owner has to buy-out or be stuck with.

As far as the new owner's finances are concerned, DJ's extention is the same as hiring someone else. It's still a guy that will get paid for the next few years.