No Changes Coming Can Only Mean ONE Thing

BrooklynBills

This team is putting itself in position to be sold. No GM changes, no coaching changes, no big jumps in payroll. This is classic preparation for an ownership change. Especially with the talk of Obama raising the capital gains tax to a much higher level than it is now. I'm not saying this is something that will happen this offseason, but I expect this franchise to be sold within the next 3-4 years.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No changes this offseason can only mean that the team is going to get sold? I didn't follow that logic. I've understood about the one hundred other reasons why we're about to be sold, but that one made no sense at all. Explain.

This team is putting itself in position to be sold. No GM changes, no coaching changes, no big jumps in payroll. This is classic preparation for an ownership change. Especially with the talk of Obama raising the capital gains tax to a much higher level than it is now. I'm not saying this is something that will happen this offseason, but I expect this franchise to be sold within the next 3-4 years.

:lol::wallbash::worthy::lol:

I don't understand how some people who post on this board get through life. The amount of conspiracy theories and paranoia coming from some fans is just comical. Makes you wonder if they are as paranoid IRL as they are on the internet.

I think i could write a entire thesis from the behaviors of people on this message board.

I agree. We can only hope a new owner wants to (or can afford to) keep the team in Buffalo. Either way, with Ralph Wilson running the show, we will never compete. It seems like he complains about the product on the field, but doesn't change anything and when he does, he doesn't make intense moves, just moves that will keep the fans "interested". I mean no disrespect to the players, fans, or the Bills history, but in my opinion Ralph Wilson does not deserve to be in the hall of fame. He has sabatoged his own football team. Say what you want about Jones, Snyder or whoever, but those dudes want to win. Plain and simple. Ralph Wilson has NEVER shown me anything to believe that he wants to win.

I actually dont think this is a far fetched post from the op.

I am actually feeling the same way.......unless RW really is this out of touch

Ralph is doing a lot of giggling and chuckling when talking to the media lately....

Ralph is doing a lot of giggling and chuckling when talking to the media lately....

It's a bit disturbing to hear about this. Jerry Sullivan and Ed Kilgore have both made mention of how he chuckled after some odd statements.

Not saying the op is on to something, but hearing rumors about how Ralph went directly to the league about something makes me wonder.....

I agree. We can only hope a new owner wants to (or can afford to) keep the team in Buffalo. Either way, with Ralph Wilson running the show, we will never compete. It seems like he complains about the product on the field, but doesn't change anything and when he does, he doesn't make intense moves, just moves that will keep the fans "interested". I mean no disrespect to the players, fans, or the Bills history, but in my opinion Ralph Wilson does not deserve to be in the hall of fame. He has sabatoged his own football team. Say what you want about Jones, Snyder or whoever, but those dudes want to win. Plain and simple. Ralph Wilson has NEVER shown me anything to believe that he wants to win.

Ralph Wilson wants to win,he just wants to do it as cheaply as he can get away with...I mean come on, no GM and he is the president of the team.

The real thing about retaining Jauron is, it just might come back to bite him in the ass.I'm hearing so many people tell me that they won't renew season tickets and the economy the way it is you gotta wonder how many corporations will pass on the suites?

So is he purposely trying to submarine his own franchise to alienate his fan base in order to sell the team?

Its possible but that didn't stop Dolphins ownership from hiring Parcells and writing an opt-out clause into his contract in the event the team was sold. Using a little foresight. Estate tax rates are expected to be increased as well as capital gains.

Given all the talk we've heard about the Kelly group wanting to buy the team and keep it local I expect they'd be in the mix to buy the team when the time comes. We've also got some political heavyweights in our corner, Schumer and the Commissioner.

If they do move where would they go? Everybody keeps talking L.A. but I don't see it because California is broke. About $45 billion in the hole this year and with the cities near bankruptcy who is going to pay for a new stadium? Given the fiscal stress almost every state and city is going to face into the foreseeable future I suspect we're about to witness the end of taxpayer financed stadiums for private sports franchises.

I agree but it will be sold sooner .

I can see the OP's point. Lets say you're selling your house. And it needs some renovation. Would you put in big bucks to get the kitchen and bathrooms redone, or would you spend just a few bucks by slapping on some new paint and changing a few fixtures, knowing you're getting rid of the house? Not all that far-fetched.

Something does smell fishy. I have no idea what joy Wilson can take continuing on this path. He's 90 years old, has probably made/will make close to $1billion on his $50,000 investment, and is worried about $5 million he'd have to pay Jauron? Wilson is either the cheapest, bitter SOB in the world, or is selling the team.