Im Keeping my season tickets and

taterhill

Don't think for a minute that someone at OBD has not done the math on this. There is a reason that DJ is coming back and there is a reason that the team continues to be 7-9 every year, because there is enough interest in mediocrity that being a Bills fan is a lot like buying a lotto ticket. As a lotto ticket buyer, you can select your own numbers and buy as many tickets as you want. The fun is that you have a chance to win, but in the end the house always wins. Win or lose, as long as there are people that will step up to the ticket counter, the Bills will go on.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To be 100% honest if I still lived in Buffalo I would be a season ticket holder. I live in Ft. Lauderdale and would kill to be able to attend every home game, but I settle for 1 a year and of course when the Bills travel here. I wish I could sit around a BS with the same crowd every other Sunday and actually enjoy some "seasonal" weather.

You guys that are fortunate enough to live driver 9 iron from the stadium to see your favorite team are lucky in my eyes. I take them when I can get them, whether they are in Tampa, Jax or Miami I am there. Maybe one day I will have the time and money to attend every home game but consider your selves blessed you get to watch your favorite team and cheer with home town fans from all age groups. Now I can understand if financially you are not going to re-up your tix, the economy sucks and what have you.

I left Buffalo over 20 years ago and am asked till this day how can you still be a fan after being separated for so long from the city, especially with the drought we have been in. All I can say is I am a Bills fan and could not would not root for any other team. ESPECIALLY MIAMI.

Folks we are like a fraternity, we had our glory days, we lived it up...now we are on a lengthy probation but sooner or later this thing will get turned around. They have too.

How can you turn your back on something that brings you so much joy and so much pain in a matter of seconds?

I know I can't.

Happy New Year All!!!

Hopefully '09 is our time. (hey it almost rhymes)

crappy season are a good thing for keeping season tickets. I know in the early 80s we entered the Lotto each time and moved to our current location at the 45 and 30 rows up.

bills_fan_in_raleigh. Another out-of-towner that loves the Bills and amazingly spends the money to come to every home game. I just don't get it. Why have you abandoned Western New York if you love the Bills so much?? Is this the official "We love the Bills but Buffalo sucked so much we don't live there anymore" fan forum??

And why, why do all of you need to freakin' have your city you live in on your ID or avatar, like it is a badge of honor??

On behalf of all true blue Buffalo fans that still live in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Niagra Falls, and any other town in Western New York....even as far east as Albany and of course Southern Ontario, I would like to say I am really sick and tired of you great Bills fans who brag about living in other cities. Sure it's cool that you love the Bills and take the time to post on this site and spend the money to retain season tickets and come home for the games. Congratulations.

But the fact that you all seem to need all of us to know you don't live around here anymore doesn't impress me, it really pisses me off. It's like you are saying, "hey I love the Bills, but all of you that still live in Western New York are crazy, man....I'm cool because I live in Atlanta, or Phoenix or Raleigh, and I escaped the rust belt hole with the bad weather you continue to live in, and that's why I have my cool city's name on my id so you all know I live there."

You know what, cool out of towners? You could be posting every single message you have posted, and it would be just as funny, angry, sarcastic or vulgar, and we would all post back in kind, even if we didn't know you lived in freakin' paradise! :thumbdown:

bills_fan_in_raleigh. Another out-of-towner that loves the Bills and amazingly spends the money to come to every home game. I just don't get it. Why have you abandoned Western New York if you love the Bills so much?? Is this the official "We love the Bills but Buffalo sucked so much we don't live there anymore" fan forum??

And why, why do all of you need to freakin' have your city you live in on your ID or avatar, like it is a badge of honor??

On behalf of all true blue Buffalo fans that still live in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Niagra Falls, and any other town in Western New York....even as far east as Albany and of course Southern Ontario, I would like to say I am really sick and tired of you great Bills fans who brag about living in other cities. Sure it's cool that you love the Bills and take the time to post on this site and spend the money to retain season tickets and come home for the games. Congratulations.

But the fact that you all seem to need all of us to know you don't live around here anymore doesn't impress me, it really pisses me off. It's like you are saying, "hey I love the Bills, but all of you that still live in Western New York are crazy, man....I'm cool because I live in Atlanta, or Phoenix or Raleigh, and I escaped the rust belt hole with the bad weather you continue to live in, and that's why I have my cool city's name on my id so you all know I live there."

You know what, cool out of towners? You could be posting every single message you have posted, and it would be just as funny, angry, sarcastic or vulgar, and we would all post back in kind, even if we didn't know you lived in freakin' paradise! :thumbdown:

Wow, who appointed you the representative of Western New York? Get over yourself. You're not some kind of hero for still living in WNY.

Wow, who appointed you the representative of Western New York? Get over yourself. You're not some kind of hero for still living in WNY.

I don't think he means that he is a hero...he is just saying that he is sick of former-WNY'ers dissing the fans who still live here.....I agree to a certain extent.....Anytime something happens here, they are the first ones to stomp their foot on it as if they still need to justify to themselves on why they left. Kinda sad but, hey if it makes you happy.

I don't think he means that he is a hero...he is just saying that he is sick of former-WNY'ers dissing the fans who still live here.....I agree to a certain extent.....Anytime something happens here, they are the first ones to stomp their foot on it as if they still need to justify to themselves on why they left. Kinda sad but, hey if it makes you happy.

Who's doing that? I mean, I could see the point if it was in response to something someone said, but instead he unleashes this unhinged rant on a guy because he has Raleigh in his screen name.

If VJ91 is insecure or unhappy about living in Buffalo, he should get over it or move. Those of us who live elsewhere aren't rubbing his nose in it if we put our city in our profile or our screen name.

I left Buffalo when I was 6 yrs old. Really had no choice my family left so ipso facto I ended up here. You cant fault people for living outside of WNY. The majority of my family still lives there. I have an Uncle who is struggling to hold on to his job in the Ford plant and one whos concrete business is slowing do to poor economic times. I love the city and the people there.

I love to visit and gain 5lbs in a matter of 1 week. I come here to chat and mostly be a wise ass. Plus you all are a lot more plugged into the Bills being so close. Rarely do I take a serious stance on anything here. I enjoy the board it relaxes me. Like fishing.

I agree. I'm not a hero, and I don't want to be a hero. In fact, my ID on this forum doesn't give one hint of where I live. I just want to be a Bills fan and talk about the Bills. So again I ask, why do all of you out of towners need to tell us you are out of towners in your id's? If not to brag about it, then why? We don't know you. We don't care you live in Raleigh, or wherever, why do you?

Quite a few....I am not implying that all out of towners do, but enough do to make VJ91's point valid

So now we're getting called out on the main Stadium Wall board for posts that other people are making on the off-topic board? Ridiculous.

If you have a problem with what someone posts call them on it. But I don't appreciate being slammed because my life led me away from WNY. It doesn't make me a better person, but staying is not some badge of honor either.

I agree. I'm not a hero, and I don't want to be a hero. In fact, my ID on this forum doesn't give one hint of where I live. I just want to be a Bills fan and talk about the Bills. So again I ask, why do all of you out of towners need to tell us you are out of towners in your id's? If not to brag about it, then why? We don't know you. We don't care you live in Raleigh, or wherever, why do you?

It's a quick and easy identifier to stand out. If "John from Hemet" was just "John" would we recognize him? If "bills_fan_in_raleigh" were "bills_fan_16734" would we know him from "bills_fan_16735"?

What I'm still trying to understand is why the hell you care. It's a screen name. If we wanted to brag we'd mention that our cars cost more than the average house in Buffalo. But who would be that arrogant?

So now we're getting called out on the main Stadium Wall board for posts that other people are making on the off-topic board? Ridiculous.

wow....you grasp reading as well as Leodis....I won't try to respond in an intelligent way because you won't get it....so I will just stop...Happy Holidays!

Who's doing that? I mean, I could see the point if it was in response to something someone said, but instead he unleashes this unhinged rant on a guy because he has Raleigh in his screen name.

If VJ91 is insecure or unhappy about living in Buffalo, he should get over it or move. Those of us who live elsewhere aren't rubbing his nose in it if we put our city in our profile or our screen name.

I'm not insecure or unhappy about living in Western New York. I like living here. And if I wanted to move, why would I be upset with those of you that have?

And oh by the way, if you are not rubbing my nose in the fact you live in California, why tell me you live there at all? I did not have to publish where I live to post here. None of us know who the rest of us are, so who cares? You care. You want us to know you live in California....why is that, really?

wow....you grasp reading as well as Leodis....I won't try to respond in an intelligent way because you won't get it....so I will just stop...Happy Holidays!

Thanks for not trying to make an intelligent reply, that would've been painful for everyone to watch.

I'm not insecure or unhappy about living in Western New York. I like living here. And if I wanted to move, why would I be upset with those of you that have?

And oh by the way, if you are not rubbing my nose in the fact you live in California, why tell me you live there at all? I did not have to publish where I live to post here. None of us know who the rest of us are, so who cares? You care. You want us to know you live in California....why is that, really?

I want you to know something.....I do not live in the endzone

I agree that I will not give up on this team, I hope you're right about the record too. Since the "schedule" came out I have already picked 3-4 games I am planning on attending. I will also be bringing my sons to their first Bills game when they play the Falcons here in Atlanta. As I have for many years, I will anxiously wait to see who we pick up in free agency, who we draft and count the days until training camp opens. It's what I do because I am a fan, I don't think I could stop caring if I tried.

I do regret turning my sons on to the Bills. They watch the games in agony each week. We have seasons tickets and have had for 15 years. We live in Texas and attend one game a year. I know its too late for me as an adult to switch teams as I do bleed Buffalo red white & blue. I do wish I had seen Wilson's greed sooner as I could have helped my sons steer clear of such a shame. Ralph Wilson deserve no respect from any sports fan as he has used this team as a springboard for millions for his family. I used to point out the owner to my boys at trainning camp as once I thought he was an owner that cared about the fans. These training camps when the Enron clone appears I suggest its time for a hot dog and a coke. the man deserves nothing and think twice about subjecting your sons to something that is only going to be a heartbreak for years to come.

Thanks for not trying to make an intelligent reply, that would've been painful for everyone to watch.

Well, if I were to make an intelligent response to this, I would conclude that people would READ it and not WATCH it