Now that Ralph confirmed the retention of Jauron

Poeticlaw

If they are keeping Jauron with one of the better caochin pools you will get come on cowher and shanahan are available and your keeping the... Any way he could have eased the blow by announcing the firing of the OC.

Improvements were made...where? the only thing on this team that improves statistically was defense.

Frustrations aside what does this front office have to do know what change need to be made under the current head coach in order to be successful with the difficult shcedule we are going to have next year and in a divsion that each team will be manned with some form of a hall of fame coach.

Do they fire the OC?

Do they retain all of the staff?

Do they bring in a big name free agent or two to ease the pain an inject some veteran leadership into this team?

I know we are all excited about the draft but out of seven picks a team is usally lucky to get 1 legitimate starter but it also brings 7 inexperienced players to our team increasing our youth.

I dont know my solution was getting rid of Jauron but since hes still here so are the issues.

But maybe if we take a page from Belicheck in Clevland is 4th year he was 11-5. Maybe we can hope for the same.

Seriously what do we do now??????/ :(

Direct from the "I'll put a positive spin on things" department, the Bills will HAVE TO spend some serious cash in the offseason to appease the natives! My thinking is that this does set up well for a BIG splash in the free agency pool. Mr. Ralph Wilson already asserted the lack of talent, so he has his foot precariously close to his mouth on this one... I would venture to say that he's going to give Dick Jauron some help, and the obvious positions needing an upgrade will in all likelihood get a face-lift. Probably something like this:

DE/OLB Terrel Suggs

ORG Jarhi Evans

WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Then April's draft:

1st round- (trade down with Lions @20) Alex Mack,C, California

2nd round- Chase Coffman

2nd round- (from Lions) Fenuki Tupou, OLT, Oregon

3rd round- Vance Walker,NT/DT, Georgia Tech

4th round- Graham Harrell, QB, Texas Tech

4th round- (from Lions) C.J. Davis, OG, Pittsburgh

5th round- Laurence Sidbury, DE, Richmond

This type of solution is very feasible if Ralph intends to supply the roster with actual players! Dick Jauron was 5-1 with this outfit in 2008, what is he capable of with this hypothetical lineup in 2009. Personally, I could coach this team the way I constructed it, so we'll see about ALL THE IF'S?!?!?! Oh, add the veteran QB of your liking.......

Well, it is really simple what needs to be done. Jauron has to coach better (as do his coordinators) and make better game day decisions. The Front Office needs to do an even better job of drafting and signing FAs (which they do a fairly good job of already, IMO), and fill the remaining holes in the roster. The team needs to develop an identity, and stop beating itself.

Simple, right?

Can he/they do it? Well, there have been a few times when it looked liked the answer might be "yes"...but, those times have been too few, and too far between. My guess is, he doesn't have it in him.

we need to bring in more established veterans, especially on offense. Get more versatile in the interior offensive line - guys that are both strong enough to not get blown up, and mobile enough to pull so we can actually run pitch outs and screens. Somehow the decision making at critical junctures needs to be addressed. I have no idea how they do that unless Turk grows up as an offensive coordinator or they bring in a new one. Or maybe just let Trent make the call in the huddle (there's a thought).

Direct from the "I'll put a positive spin on things" department, the Bills will HAVE TO spend some serious cash in the offseason to appease the natives! My thinking is that this does set up well for a BIG splash in the free agency pool. Mr. Ralph Wilson already asserted the lack of talent, so he has his foot precariously close to his mouth on this one... I would venture to say that he's going to give Dick Jauron some help, and the obvious positions needing an upgrade will in all likelihood get a face-lift. Probably something like this:

DE/OLB Terrel Suggs

ORG Jarhi Evans

WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Then April's draft:

1st round- (trade down with Lions @20) Alex Mack,C, California

2nd round- Chase Coffman

2nd round- (from Lions) Fenuki Tupou, OLT, Oregon

3rd round- Vance Walker,NT/DT, Georgia Tech

4th round- Graham Harrell, QB, Texas Tech

4th round- (from Lions) C.J. Davis, OG, Pittsburgh

5th round- Laurence Sidbury, DE, Richmond

This type of solution is very feasible if Ralph intends to supply the roster with actual players! Dick Jauron was 5-1 with this outfit in 2008, what is he capable of with this hypothetical lineup in 2009. Personally, I could coach this team the way I constructed it, so we'll see about ALL THE IF'S?!?!?! Oh, add the veteran QB of your liking.......

Be quite! I dont want NOONE to know about that guy!

If they are keeping Jauron with one of the better caochin pools you will get come on cowher and shanahan are available and your keeping the... Any way he could have eased the blow by announcing the firing of the OC.

Improvements were made...where? the only thing on this team that improves statistically was defense.

Frustrations aside what does this front office have to do know what change need to be made under the current head coach in order to be successful with the difficult shcedule we are going to have next year and in a divsion that each team will be manned with some form of a hall of fame coach.

Do they fire the OC?

Do they bring in a big name free agent or two to ease the pain an inject some veteran leadership into this team?

I know we are all excited about the draft but out of seven picks a team is usally lucky to get 1 legitimate starter but it also brings 7 inexperienced players to our team increasing our youth.

I dont know my solution was getting rid of Jauron but since hes still here so are the issues.

But maybe if we take a page from Belicheck in Clevland is 4th year he was 11-5. Maybe we can hope for the same.

Seriously what do we do now??????/ :lol:

1. Edwards is suppose to be a bright guy- let him call most of his own plays- that would get rid of most of the clock management disasters.

2. get a couple draft guides or some fan mock drafts and use them on 1st and 2nd round picks- if the Bills had been doing that the last six years they would have been much better off.

3. If the head coach is super calm then the coordinators have to be fiery - if the Head coach is fiery you want calm coordinators- you need a balance and I think the Bills are way too far over to the calm side.

4. you got to take a hard look a strength and conditioning - lots of injuries and when is the last time anyone made huge physical strides in their first three years- I remember reading that Preston gained weight in the off season- yeah he was fatter.

Do they fire the OC?

Seriously what do we do now??????/ :lol:

Ralph is about selling tickets a big name offensive coordinator is a must. It will be an easy sell because he will take DJ' s job after he falls on his face again.

There will be at least two big name FA

s there has to be to get the fans back. The fans have short memories and they will bite these moves.

We have to draft big men DL. Or pass rushing lightning quick LB. no more number 1 DB's no one get excited about those guys. We need to sign a real TE in Free Agency this Offense will not work without one.

We need to become the New York Giants clone.

What can Jauron do?

Dump the cover 2. Bring in the biggest DT available to play next to Stroud to stop the run. Play Poz at the line of scrimmage, instead of dropping him into coverage 80% of the passing plays. Install a blitzing scheme using the speed of the linebackers to attack the defense.

Become a true run-first offense. Scrap the 2nd down, empty backfield, shotgun formations and install a play-action passing game. Establish a smash-mouth mentality by actually calling run plays in short yardage situations.

Actually gameplan against opponents. Play bump-and-run against Ted Ginn. Blitz inexperienced QBs. Play 8 and 9 in the box in bad weather (and play bump and run gainst WRs).

Of course, there's no chance that he's going to do any of this. He'll continue playing his own brand of brain-fart, soul-sucking football.

2009 will be a lost season for the Bills.