Jauron Ain't Wade

When Wade was given the ultimatum between keeping his job and keeping control over his staff, he chose his staff (incompetent as Ronnie Jones might have been). When Mularkey was given the same choice, he followed Wade and quit on principle.

Dick Jauron appears to be willing to do whatever it takes to keep his job. It's clear from Unca Ralph's "statement" that Turk and the rest of the offensive staff are going to be sacrificed here, and Jauron appears willing to go along with it. I can't decide whether that's good or bad.

On one hand, there's something noble about standing by your guys when told that you have to fire them. On the other hand, maybe Jauron realizes that the offensive schemes and playcalling were a joke, and wanted to can Turk et al himself. I mean, it's not like Jauron didn't take hits for Turk all year -- the most obvious example being the JP rollout blame. Maybe he's had enough, and wants to start fresh on the offensive side of the ball. Yet there's still something troubling about Jauron willing to at least appear to all the football world like a craven puppet of an erratic owner -- even if it was the right decision.

I wanted to see Jauron fired, even though I strongly believe that we're going nowhere as long as we don't have a strong GM in place. But given that we've got the structure we have, and given that we're stuck with him . . . does it make you think more or less of Jauron that he was willing to throw Turk under the bus in exchange for one more year?

But given that we've got the structure we have, and given that we're stuck with him . . . does it make you think more or less of Jauron that he was willing to throw Turk under the bus in exchange for one more year?

Assuming you are right, and I think you are...less would be the answer.

I thought/hoped that Jauron would resign when told to overhaul his staff.

Assuming you are right, and I think you are...less would be the answer.

I thought/hoped that Jauron would resign when told to overhaul his staff.

Of course, if ESPN is right that the entire staff is sticking around, this thread is moot. In that case, Ralph is criminally insane, and Jauron is a Svengali.

That said, I think that the four-letter network is misreading the RW statement. There's nothing in there specifically addressing the staff other than Jauron.