If Kerry was President...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly beleive many of us were ADHD or ADD and they just thought we had lots of energy.

91406[/snapback]

Or maybe the reverse is true. A lot of kids taking meds for ADHD or ADD may just have lot's of energy but the lazy parents and teachers don't want to deal with them... and the pharmaceutical companies are laughing all the way to the bank.

Stuck...I teach special education....I test and evaluate kids everyday..I should not say that..I refer them to the school shrink for testing.  A class full of 6 ADHD kids on a Friday afternoon...not fun

91436[/snapback]

Frame your statements such that they don't point to you, then.

What's with ADD/ADHD, anyway? For many centuries, it was well-known that kids were jerks - that's part of being immature. And I still wonder about these allergies - when I was a kid, well over half of us had peanut butter for lunch day after day - nobody went into shock - but nowadays, peanut products are banned. Why is that? Even if you are rabid fan of evolution, that would not account for such a radical change over so short a time...

Are you sure that normal youthful goofiness isn't being explained away as some sort of malady, to the profit of various "experts, in education who have cleverly determined that the drugging of children - unprecented in American education, lets them calm normal youthful tendencies and concurrently allow them to avoid the bane of society, the avaricious liability lawyer"?

Frame your statements such that they don't point to you, then.

What's with ADD/ADHD, anyway? For many centuries, it was well-known that kids were jerks - that's part of being immature. And I still wonder about these allergies - when I was a kid, well over half of us had peanut butter for lunch day after day - nobody went into shock - but nowadays, peanut products are banned. Why is that? Even if you are rabid fan of evolution, that would not account for such a radical change over so short a time...

Are you sure that normal youthful goofiness isn't being explained away as some sort of malady, to the profit of various "experts, in education who have cleverly determined that the drugging of children - unprecented in American education, lets them calm normal youthful tendencies and concurrently allow them to avoid the bane of society, the avaricious liability lawyer"?

91468[/snapback]

I do not advocate drugging our children. my students can be jerks all they want on thier own time. If they are disruptive due to being diagnosed ADHD, well that takes away from effectiveness of my teaching. If you teach long enough the difference in goofyness and ADHD is obvious. Honestly many parents do not wish for their children to be medicated, in those cases we have to teach the students skills that will keep them on task, whatever the classroom task might be.

I do not advocate drugging our children.  my students can be jerks all they want on thier own time.  If they are disruptive due to being diagnosed ADHD, well that takes away from effectiveness of my teaching.  If you teach long enough the difference in goofyness and ADHD is obvious.  Honestly many parents do not wish for their children to be medicated, in those cases we have to teach the students skills that will keep them on task, whatever the classroom task might be.

91476[/snapback]

The sad thing is that the Republican Congress wants to fund the re-authorization of IDEA (Individual's with Disabilities Education Act) the way that they funded that joke of legislation from Bush called No Child Left Behind. They made all these requirements of school districts and then no funding, states had to use their own funds to the required legislation. Ah yes George Bush the great education president. Do you know how he showed such great success in Texas school? they left out grades of minorities and students with disabilities on standardize testing.

The sad thing is that the Republican Congress wants to fund the re-authorization of IDEA (Individual's with Disabilities Education Act) the way that they funded that joke of legislation from Bush called No Child Left Behind.  They made all these requirements of school districts and then no funding, states had to use their own funds to the required legislation.  Ah yes George Bush the great education president.  Do you know how he showed such great success in Texas school? they left out grades of minorities and students with disabilities on standardize testing.

91482[/snapback]

That's why the Feds should get out of the education business altogether, do away with the Dept of Education, and return the power back to the states. You know, like it says in the Constitution...

:blush:

That's why the Feds should get out of the education business altogether, do away with the Dept of Education, and return the power back to the states. You know, like it says in the Constitution...

:blush:

91488[/snapback]

Gavin..I agree....put it back into the local governments, but I don't know if the states could support public education alone......lets go back to teaching your kids at home give parents some responsibility for what their child becomes.

Gavin..I agree....put it back into the local governments, but I don't know if the states could support public education alone......lets go back to teaching your kids at home give parents some responsibility for what their child becomes.

91492[/snapback]

That'd be fine, if businesses weren't taxed so much that their products are so expensive that two parents have to work.

The sad thing is that the Republican Congress wants to fund the re-authorization of IDEA (Individual's with Disabilities Education Act) the way that they funded that joke of legislation from Bush called No Child Left Behind.  They made all these requirements of school districts and then no funding, states had to use their own funds to the required legislation.  Ah yes George Bush the great education president.  Do you know how he showed such great success in Texas school? they left out grades of minorities and students with disabilities on standardize testing.

91482[/snapback]

Better look at the facts. That legislation was hammered out with the express input and agreement of Sen. Kennedy of Mass. Perhaps you recall the hoopla with Teddy and George on the same stage when it was announced?

Check some further facts while you are at it - billions have YET to be tapped by many, many states. The money is there, but there are triggers (framed by Kennedy among others) that put teachers and their surrogate protection racket (their unions) into committing to goals that they to date financially disagree with. Screw the kids, so to speak.

Check things out first before you spout. :blush:

Better look at the facts. That legislation was hammered out with the express input and agreement of Sen. Kennedy of Mass. Perhaps you recall the hoopla with Teddy and George on the same stage when it was announced?

Check some further facts while you are at it - billions have YET to be tapped by many, many states. The money is there, but there are triggers (framed by Kennedy among others) that put teachers and their surrogate protection racket (their unions) into committing to goals that they to date financially disagree with. Screw the kids, so to speak.

Check things out first before you spout. :blush:

91526[/snapback]

Why? It's so much easier to scream "unfunded mandate" instead of "poorly crafted legislation destined to fail".

One party is evil, the other is stupid. Bipartisan legislation is both evil and stupid.

For a country that has benefitted so much from our ability to adapt, we sure as hell fight it for the wrong reasons.

That'd be fine, if businesses weren't taxed so much that their products are so expensive that two parents have to work.

91510[/snapback]

Agreed, I sacrafice $800.00 a month to send my two boys to a private school so they can get a decent education. The only way I can do this is if my wife works.

It is unfortunate that families are forced (figuratively) to do this because of the stevestojan they teach in the public system.

Agreed, I sacrafice $800.00 a month to send my two boys to a private school so they can get a decent education. The only way I can do this is if my wife works.

It is unfortunate that families are forced (figuratively) to do this because of the stevestojan they teach in the public system.

91556[/snapback]

Well, we have the DNC and the NEA to thank for that!!!

What a joke. My wife's gotten about a zillion pieces of mail and no less than five calls from her union begging her to vote kerry.

Know what her response was? F*ck Kerry. He's a liar.

I love my wife! :blush::P

What a joke. My wife's gotten about a zillion pieces of mail and no less than five calls from her union begging her to vote kerry.

I love my wife!  :blush:  :P

91605[/snapback]

Atta girl :D

I love my wife!  :blush:  :P

91605[/snapback]

I love your wife too - strictly on the platonic level.

Check things out first before you spout. :(

91526[/snapback]

I know the situation in my state, VA...the state had to dole out 152 mil of additional monies...my school is over crowded...sorry we don't have a union here. I kow education in my school and in my state. How many years have you been teaching. I could send you the brouchures the bimbo in my congressional district, she has no clue about education needs, George Bush's NCLB is fantasy, spend a week in my classroom George...see if this stevestojan the RNC has been mailing out on education has any validity..the republican candidate here is losing because she cannot stop the RNC from making bothersome phone calls to homes. I'm talkin 15 calls in last 10 days at dinner time. Give me RNC leaders names..I'll call them at dinner

I love my wife!  :(  :wub:

91605[/snapback]

Well if you child has a learning disability, see how many private schools offer quality special education services

I know the situation in my state, VA...the state had to dole out 152 mil of additional monies...my school is over crowded...sorry we don't have a union here.  I kow education in my school and in my state.  How many years have you been teaching.  I could send you the brouchures the bimbo in my congressional district, she has no clue about education needs, George Bush's NCLB is fantasy, spend a week in my classroom George...see if this stevestojan the RNC has been mailing out on education has any validity..the republican candidate here is losing because she cannot stop the RNC from making bothersome phone calls to homes.  I'm talkin 15 calls in last 10 days at dinner time.  Give me RNC leaders names..I'll call them at dinner

91759[/snapback]

I've been teaching long enough how to spell most words and use proper punctuation.

Your examples are further proof that the Fed doesn't belong in the education business. Of course, John Kerry and the Democrats would fix that. :(

I've been teaching long enough how to spell most words and use proper punctuation.

Your examples are further proof that the Fed doesn't belong in the education business.  Of course, John Kerry and the Democrats would fix that.  :(

91763[/snapback]

Thank god you never made a grammatical error...maybe I can fly you into Virginia and you can teach all my students with learning disabilities how to spell...you are a man amongst men.. please check my grammar and syntac....so so look forward to your corrections

oops i left out my period....i'm so uneducated...I should have gone to school in Alaska with all those Rhodes scholar students from the tribes.

Thank god you never made a grammatical error...maybe I can fly you into Virginia and you can teach all my students with learning disabilities how to spell...you are a man amongst men.. please check my grammar and syntac....so so look forward to your corrections

oops i left out my period....i'm so uneducated...I should have gone to school in Alaska with all those Rhodes scholar students from the tribes.

91773[/snapback]

I really wouldn't get so pissy. You were the one spouting off your academic credentials. If you hadn't made intelligence an important part of your discussions, you probably wouldn't be getting a crapload of feedback from what must be very lazy typing skills.