If Kerry was President...

Saddam Might have been gone...

I just can't understand why the election isn't going to be a Kerry landslide. I mean really, he's everyman's canidate. He's in favor of ALL issues. We should all love the omnipotent John Kerry... [scratching head] I just can't understand why everyone doesen't love him?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now now we all know that GB is the everyman candidate.  Weren't you a CEO of an oil company too?  Wasn't your father president?

90884[/snapback]

I've never understood the obsession with the 'everyman' thing. Would anyone really want an 'everyman' Joe Schmo as President? I wouldn't. Frankly, I would much rather have someone who was CEO (it's a hard job that requires a lot of talent) than someone who has never earned a paycheck that didn't come out of a taxpayer's pocket.

I just can't understand why the election isn't going to be a Kerry landslide.

90873[/snapback]

It might yet be. I find it hard to believe that in a time of a controversial war, that it is going to be close. It goes against historical trends. I still expect a large margin of victory for one or the other - I just don't know which one.

I've never understood the obsession with the 'everyman' thing. Would anyone really want an 'everyman' Joe Schmo as President? I wouldn't. Frankly, I would much rather have someone who was CEO (it's a hard job that requires a lot of talent) than someone who has never earned a paycheck that didn't come out of a taxpayer's pocket.

Along this line of thinking, I have never undertood how GW "Going to Daddy to advice" was considered such a bad thing. Last I checked, Bush's "daddy" has a just a tad-bit of experience in politics, world affairs and ruling the free world.

Along this line of thinking, I have never undertood how GW "Going to Daddy to advice" was considered such a bad thing. Last I checked, Bush's "daddy" has a just a tad-bit of experience in politics, world affairs and ruling the free world.

91053[/snapback]

Yeah, that one always puzzled me too. One of the reasons I voted for the guy was because of the quality of the people he had around him, including obviously his father.

But, I guess the bitter lefties will grab onto any silliness in the heat of their hate fest.

But I would support the President. I wonder how many on the left could say that if it was reversed. Wait, they've already shown they cant, silly me.

So you never criticized Clinton when he was in office?

Supporting the president and blindly agreeing with everything he does are two different things. Doesn't matter what party is in office - freedom of speech still exists.

Yeah, that one always puzzled me too.  One of the reasons I voted for the guy was because of the quality of the people he had around him, including obviously his father.

I have no issue with picking Bush because of his political and corporate connections - just don't say he is like every one of us.

So you never criticized Clinton when he was in office? 

Supporting the president and blindly agreeing with everything he does are two different things.  Doesn't matter what party is in office - freedom of speech still exists.

91089[/snapback]

guppy :lol:

Did you see this? :doh: ?

Of course I did, And I've criticized Bush too.

The Kerry campaign continues to mystify me. He seems to be bent on being a prophet of doom, finding fault on the smallest of levels. Al Gore was positively bubbly compared to him.

That's an odd way to run a campaign, IMO, essentially saying that everything that could possibly be wrong is the complete responsibility of one man.

And he harangues. Not a smooth move.

I have no issue with picking Bush because of his political and corporate connections - just don't say he is like every one of us.

91096[/snapback]

Name a Presidental candidate ever who you consider "one of us" or that didn't have a life long list of 'political and corporate' connections.

Saddam Might have been gone...

I just can't understand why the election isn't going to be a Kerry landslide. I mean really, he's everyman's canidate. He's in favor of ALL issues. We should all love the omnipotent John Kerry... [scratching head] I just can't understand why everyone doesen't love him?

90873[/snapback]

But I should love a president that was raised on oil money, educated at Yale and was too much of a kitty to go defend his own country. He is an elitist conservative god loving jerk. Praise the lord W!!!! I'm sorry John Kerry is more of an every man's candidate.

But I should love a president that was raised on oil money, educated at Yale and was too much of a kitty to go defend his own country.  He is an elitist conservative god loving jerk. Praise the lord W!!!!  I'm sorry John Kerry is more of an every man's candidate.

91199[/snapback]

Boy there's just nothing better than comparing apples and apples but pretending that one is somehow different than the other.

This continued bitching about oil companies as the devil incarnate is utterly ridiculous.

Boy there's just nothing better than comparing apples and apples but pretending that one is somehow different than the other.

This continued bitching about oil companies as the devil incarnate is utterly ridiculous.

91211[/snapback]

Ok won't B word about oil...George Bush is a coward!! better? more straight forward for you

But I should love a president that was raised on oil money, educated at Yale and was too much of a kitty to go defend his own country.  He is an elitist conservative god loving jerk. Praise the lord W!!!!  I'm sorry John Kerry is more of an every man's candidate.

91199[/snapback]

What does "raised on oil money" mean? What kind of money were you raised on? If my father worked at a gas station, does that mean I was "raised by oil money" too? Are you really basing a person's worth on what their father did for a living? So I guess you also thought that JFK was a scumbag? That's pathetic.

91199[/snapback]

DING! Hot Pockets are done.