Roland Burris named for Obama's seat

erynthered

Rep. Bobby Rush (D-Ill.) made a surprise appearance at the press conference to give Burris a vote of confidence and urge the U.S. Senate not to stand in Burris' way.

It is imperative the Senate have an African-American replace Obama, Rush said.

Really?

Gee, I was under the impression that the most qualified person should represent Ill. But I guess there's no white or Latino or Asian people who could possibly be the best choice. Basically, Ill. needs to put a token in the Senate, just because.

Bobby Rush = racist.

Just a supreme court Justice. Oh that's right hes a uncle Tom. I was referring to the absurdly of someone under indictment FOR SELLING THE SEAT to make that pick. Think before you post

I know what you meant, Corky.

Can you imagine if the Republicans did this? blzul-who ever that freak is-would forget about Palin for sure.

Actually, she'd use it as a condemnation of the entire Republican Party's "culture of corruption". Just as some of our local right-wingers will do with it vis-a-vis the Democratic Party.

When really, it's just the actions of a single breathtaking sh--head, no matter the party affiliation. (And I still can't believe Blago was dumb enough to appoint someone to a seat he was caught trying to sell. :lol: Friggin' idiot.)

Actually, she'd use it as a condemnation of the entire Republican Party's "culture of corruption". Just as some of our local right-wingers will do with it vis-a-vis the Democratic Party.

When really, it's just the actions of a single breathtaking sh--head, no matter the party affiliation. (And I still can't believe Blago was dumb enough to appoint someone to a seat he was caught trying to sell. :thumbdown: Friggin' idiot.)

I just got a call from Blago's people. My wife is from Chicago and I have clients there so they must have been referred to me through them. They wanted to know what best to do with $1mill. I told them about Bernie Madoff and the great investments he's had and the returns that go along with them. They seemed pretty excited and were overnighting the check to me. Obviously they've been too busy lately to read the papers.

When really, it's just the actions of a single breathtaking sh--head, no matter the party affiliation. (And I still can't believe Blago was dumb enough to appoint someone to a seat he was caught trying to sell. :thumbdown: Friggin' idiot.)

He's trying to pull a Marion Barry. It's a Jedi mind-trick: He keeps acting like the governor and saying he's the governor and eventually, people just give up and let him be. He's 50/50 on reelection and almost 90% to get off on the charges.

Can you imagine if the Republicans did this? blzul-who ever that freak is-would forget about Palin for sure.

Very flattering that you are so concerned about what I think. Gratifying even.

I was embarrassed for Burress. I cannot imagine why he would put himself in such a ridiculous position. It's already been stated that whoever Blagoesfj3rjfijchivych appointed would not be accepted, and if anyone seriously thinks that the "race card" would be an effective leverage...why, they must be Republican, or perhaps a blubber-chewing, tobaccy-spitting, gun totin Alaskan.

But seriously. The Burress I would have expected to see appointed by Blagoesfj3rjfijchivych is not from IL but is currently holed up somewhere in NJ wondering if he'll ever see the light of day again.

It will be interesting to hear what's on the tapes. I am almost starting to think that the weakest part of the feds' case may be in the seat-for-sale arena. From what I've heard and read, Gov Goodhair II did no more than shoot off his big mouth about selling the seat, but unless he actually offered to do so (and it can be proven), he may only be guilty of being a major dumbass. I suspect that what will convict him is the strong-arming of the Tribune, etc. It's highly possible that they jumped the gun on this BEFORE he could go far enough, in order to save the President-Elect, and the country, from what would happen after he appointed someone and the conversations came out.

I was embarrassed for Burress. I cannot imagine why he would put himself in such a ridiculous position. It's already been stated that whoever Blagoesfj3rjfijchivych appointed would not be accepted, and if anyone seriously thinks that the "race card" would be an effective leverage...why, they must be Republican, or perhaps a blubber-chewing, tobaccy-spitting, gun totin Alaskan.

It's not like you've never inserted a size 14 foot in your mouth before:

The appointment injected race into the drama surrounding the Democratic governor. Burris, the first African-American elected to major statewide office in Illinois, would replace Obama, who had been the Senate's only black member.

Rep. Bobby Rush, an Illinois Democrat who was invited to speak at Blagojevich's news conference, urged Senate leaders not to block Burris. He told reporters that Senate Democrats should not "hang and lynch the appointee as you try to castigate the appointer."

Burris didn't back away from Rush's assertion Wednesday in an interview on NBC's "Today." "It is a fact, there are no African-Americans in the United States Senate," he said. "Is it racism that is taking place? That's a question that someone may raise."

Somebody tell AP they're now Republicans, or perhaps a blubber-chewing, tobaccy-spitting, gun totin Alaskans.

It's not like you've never inserted a size 14 foot in your mouth before:

Somebody tell AP they're now Republicans, or perhaps a blubber-chewing, tobaccy-spitting, gun totin Alaskans.

I am fully aware of this you moron. That's why I brought it up. With the election of Barack Obama the race card just isn't much of an argument any more. Racism isn't dead, alas, but there is absolutely no room for argument in this case, with the position that's already been stated by the Democrats, to try to use it. Naturally the media is going to dreg up the argument, knowing that the ignorant, unwashed wingnuts are going to be all over it...sucked YOU right in didn't it. I bet you're still pissed over pigs and lipstick.

That size 14 must be firmly lodged down the throat that you can't even come up with an appropriate response.

Great to see the media working for the right now that they're running something negative about your crew.

Newsflash - AP is simply reporting the news because Burris & Rush are the ones making this into a racial issue. Don't think there's no behind the scenes pressure on Reid to confirm him, especially with Minny still undecided.

But seriously. The Burress I would have expected to see appointed by Blagoesfj3rjfijchivych is not from IL but is currently holed up somewhere in NJ wondering if he'll ever see the light of day again.

It will be interesting to hear what's on the tapes. I am almost starting to think that the weakest part of the feds' case may be in the seat-for-sale arena. From what I've heard and read, Gov Goodhair II did no more than shoot off his big mouth about selling the seat, but unless he actually offered to do so (and it can be proven), he may only be guilty of being a major dumbass. I suspect that what will convict him is the strong-arming of the Tribune, etc. It's highly possible that they jumped the gun on this BEFORE he could go far enough, in order to save the President-Elect, and the country, from what would happen after he appointed someone and the conversations came out.

Don't let your head get to big. The only reason I think about you at all is because your so obsessed with Palin that you may mistake my house for hers and show up at the door wearing a Santa Claus suit with a can of gas in one hand and a Colt .45 in the other.

Don't let your head get to big. The only reason I think about you at all is because your so obsessed with Palin that you may mistake my house for hers and show up at the door wearing a Santa Claus suit with a can of gas in one hand and a Colt .45 in the other.

Don't flatter yourself. ME obsessed - what do I look like, CNN? They can't let the Witch from Wasilla go...of course maybe if she'd shut her dumb mouth, they would...the latest is her statement that baby momma and son-in-law-to-be-someday are not "dropouts". Although they're not actually in high school any more...and Bristol is getting her diploma via "correspondence school". Maybe that's another Alaska thing, what with the large geography and all you have to get your edumacation from "Close Cover Before Striking" University?

Don't flatter yourself. ME obsessed - what do I look like, CNN? They can't let the Witch from Wasilla go...of course maybe if she'd shut her dumb mouth, they would...the latest is her statement that baby momma and son-in-law-to-be-someday are not "dropouts". Although they're not actually in high school any more...and Bristol is getting her diploma via "correspondence school". Maybe that's another Alaska thing, what with the large geography and all you have to get your edumacation from "Close Cover Before Striking" University?

Why do you care? What a babbling idot.