If jaurons fired ralph wont bring in high priced talent

Poeticlaw

Ron Rivera as new head coach yes or no  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want Ron Rivera as our next head coach?

• No
    • Yes

For those of you looking for some continuty he does run the tampa cover 2 system he has done an excellent Job in chicago and imprving the Defense in SD this year once cottrell got fired.

I know, as well as most of us should Ralph is not going to spend the money we need to get a proven coach if he lets Jauron GO he maintains continuity on the defensivie side of the ball whcih showed staistical improvment bu Bringing in Rivera So all he has to do is replace the offensive cordinators Job and I think he might be our diamond in the rough. :censored:

What do you think.

If I had to guess, the Bills' next head coach will have a background on offense, not defense, assuming that Jauron is fired. They've been too terrible for too long on that side of the ball and with all of the talk centering on replacing Schonert, it seems pretty clear that indeed, that's the side that the front office is most unhappy with right now.

If I had to guess, the Bills' next head coach will have a background on offense, not defense, assuming that Jauron is fired. They've been too terrible for too long on that side of the ball and with all of the talk centering on replacing Schonert, it seems pretty clear that indeed, that's the side that the front office is most unhappy with right now.

The best our offense was was when jim kelly was there and it was a DEFENSIVE HEAD COACH I dont think it matters but Defensive head coaches have a tendact to better than Offensive cordinators the two best teams in the AFC the Colts and PATS have Defensive cordinators as head coaches and explosive offenses so I strongly disagree with your theory!

The best our offense was was when jim kelly was there and it was a DEFENSIVE HEAD COACH I dont think it matters but Defensive head coaches have a tendact to better than Offensive cordinators the two best teams in the AFC the Colts and PATS have Defensive cordinators as head coaches and explosive offenses so I strongly disagree with your theory!

Its not so much a theory of what does or does not make a good head coach, but merely what I expect the Bills to do if Jauron is fired. I think its very likely that they'll bring in someone with a background on offense to replace him.

no to ron rivera. wasn't impressed w/ him as the DC of Da Bayrse.

How can you not be impressed with a def that gave up 788 points over 3 years 331 of those in the first leaving an average of 228.5 for his last 2.

He has also done a good job with the turn around of the SD defense this season afte cottrell was fired.

Hell NO. I want someone that will dump the Tampa-2 scheme, NOT someone who made a name for himself running it.

For my part, I'd like to see the 4-3 scrapped altogether and the Bills go back to using the 3-4 as their base defense. Sure, they'd need to overhaul their DL, but guess what? We already need to do that. There'd be no better opportunity to make the switch than we have right now.

For those of you looking for some continuty he does run the tampa cover 2 system he has done an excellent Job in chicago and imprving the Defense in SD this year once cottrell got fired.

I know, as well as most of us should Ralph is not going to spend the money we need to get a proven coach if he lets Jauron GO he maintains continuity on the defensivie side of the ball whcih showed staistical improvment bu Bringing in Rivera So all he has to do is replace the offensive cordinators Job and I think he might be our diamond in the rough. :angry:

What do you think.

Wilson gets a bad wrap and that's because people like to always look for the negative. Ralph hasn't brought in a good coach in quite some time but I don't think it's because he is cheap or is not trying to bring in the best guy for the job. He has brought talented coaches here before; guys like Chuck Knox and Marv Levy. In fact Marv didn't do anything in KC prior and had a bad record as an NFL coach but he ended up in the HOF. When we hired Greg Williams he was one of the top coordinators in the game. Tom Donahoe was a GM, but he didn't come cheap by any means. Ralph hired Mularky because of the Donahoe connection. Ralph hired Dick Jauron because of Levy. So, looking back I don't see Wilson the same way everyone else does. He is trying to listen to the advice of his GM's and he does spend the money when needed. Spagnola, Marty, Cowher, Johnson, and maybe even Carroll would all be solid picks, but lets not keep Jauron; 3 seasons of losing is proof enough that he needs to go.

For my part, I'd like to see the 4-3 scrapped altogether and the Bills go back to using the 3-4 as their base defense. Sure, they'd need to overhaul their DL, but guess what? We already need to do that. There'd be no better opportunity to make the switch than we have right now.

He is coaching a 3-4 in SD right now expaning his defensive base. MAybe he can play 4-3/3-4 like the Pats do.

Hell NO. I want someone that will dump the Tampa-2 scheme, NOT someone who made a name for himself running it. If they are going to make a change, do it right this time.

If you make a change like that your setting the team back years. You want someone to come in with knowledge of your sytem to maintian the continuity and make slow changes while bringing in an OC to spark the offensive side of the ball. Im not looking t rebuild and hopefully your not eihter bu by scratching and entire defensive system you set us back look what Greggo did when he got here he scratched our 3-4 and his first year we were 3-13 no thank you. :angry:

If you make a change like that your setting the team back years. You want someone to come in with knowledge of your sytem to maintian the continuity and make slow changes while bringing in an OC to spark the offensive side of the ball. Im not looking t rebuild and hopefully your not eihter bu by scratching and entire defensive system you set us back look what Greggo did when he got here he scratched our 3-4 and his first year we were 3-13 no thank you. :angry:

I don't know how much it really sets them back. They're going to need a major DL overhaul in a year or two, anyway. Schobel and Denney will both be 32 next year, Stroud 31, and Kelsay 30. Stroud may be around for a while, but the three DEs look like they're just about done. They need another LB if Crowell isn't retained. The defensive backfield may or may not be in decent shape. How many more good seasons does McGee have left in him? Is Whitner the answer at SS? Do the Bills have a FS on the roster?

Given all of that, I think the Bills need to seriously question whether their current defensive schemes are worth maintaining or whether they need to consider making major changes to how they play on that side of the ball.

Ralph will bring in high priced talent, because if he doesn't an angry mob is going to ..... He can raise ticket prices if he brings in a top notch HC and hand control over to football minds not marketers...

In regards to high priced talent... what was the Toronto millions for... it was for being able to compete with the big market teams. How do you compete, you get talent... If Ralph renegs on this one he might as well run for the hills... he'll be fully exposed as a thief for selling the Bills out to Toronto, and the few remainers who still defend Ralph, well most of them will turn on him to.

not saying Ralph will do this, but the media and fans will tear him apart from here on out. What little credentials he had left are gonna dissapear now.

I don't know how much it really sets them back. They're going to need a major DL overhaul in a year or two, anyway. Schobel and Denney will both be 32 next year, Stroud 31, and Kelsay 30. Stroud may be around for a while, but the three DEs look like they're just about done. They need another LB if Crowell isn't retained. The defensive backfield may or may not be in decent shape. How many more good seasons does McGee have left in him? Is Whitner the answer at SS? Do the Bills have a FS on the roster?

Given all of that, I think the Bills need to seriously question whether their current defensive schemes are worth maintaining or whether they need to consider making major changes to how they play on that side of the ball.

Your losing the point of all of this. The idea is to win next season not in 2-3 years because YOU dont like the way a certain thing is ran!!! I am a personal believer in the 3-4 and was completely pissed when it was blown up. Because the main problem in this organization is going after guys that dont fit THE PHILIOSPHY of the organnization whcih leads me back to This team has no identity it has no idea what it wants to be. Lets maintian continuity bring in a guy whos not going to blow up the Defense. Bring in a OC that can kick start this offense adn hope the front office and personnel guys pick they right players this year, then we have a chance to be competitve.

Just because you let a coach go deos not mean we wait years for it to be fixed :angry: